Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

Hello World

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Joanelis Nov 23 2011, 07:58 AM
Hello everyone,

First of all : thanks a lot for your great guides, they help me a lot to play (a little) better.

I've created my account here because I want to learn more about SC2' strategies and improve my skills.
I played the 1st TA for years and then stopped to play RTS (except some hours on WIC and the good old sudden strike), now it's time to spend some time on SC2 !

Nowadays i'm heading to finish the campaign to know more about each faction, after this i'll be glad to play some unranked game with whoever wants it.
After that my long time plan is, of course, to dominate the world ^^.

++

PS : if you have some good replay/shoutcast i'd be very happy to watch them.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 2Birk Nov 23 2011, 12:48 PM
Welcome!

If you're looking for some simple commentary material, you could head over to our YouTube channel.

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 3Joanelis Nov 23 2011, 13:03 PM
QUOTE(Birk @ Nov 23 2011, 12:48 PM) *

Welcome!

If you're looking for some simple commentary material, you could head over to our YouTube channel.

I already started to watch those videos ^^

The last video makes me remember my first online game : a 3vs3 with two friends, nuclearpizza and two other noob raper were against us...the 10 longest minutes of my life.

Anyway thank you for the link.

+
# 4Joanelis Nov 23 2011, 15:52 PM
Oops i forgot :

here is my steam ID : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989941960

See you on the battlefield.

+
# 5redarrow7216 Nov 24 2011, 13:58 PM
Welcome!

It's always nice to see new people drop in here smile.gif

If you put some effort in this game you can become good in a rather short amount of time.

Do note the campaign balance is completely different than the multiplayer.

UEF acu have less range from the range upgrade, Cybran for need to built mass converters instead of clicking on the powergenerators to generate mass and much more.

+
# 6Joanelis Nov 25 2011, 08:34 AM
QUOTE(redarrow7216 @ Nov 24 2011, 13:58 PM) *

Welcome!

It's always nice to see new people drop in here smile.gif

If you put some effort in this game you can become good in a rather short amount of time.

Do note the campaign balance is completely different than the multiplayer.

UEF acu have less range from the range upgrade, Cybran for need to built mass converters instead of clicking on the powergenerators to generate mass and much more.

Thank you for those informations.
I'm playing on campaign only to see when this or this unit is strong/weak and to have an idea about every research tree.

In one sentence : i want to know as much as possible on UEF and Illuminate to counter them well ^^

+
# 7redarrow7216 Nov 25 2011, 09:52 AM
Make sure you've read through all this:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=738828

Also you want to practice multiplayer a lot so you feel what the balance really is. If you want to learn counters you should save replays and execute those strategies over and over again untill someone else shows you a counter. pretty much easiest way to learn.

+
# 8Joanelis Nov 25 2011, 12:52 PM
QUOTE(redarrow7216 @ Nov 25 2011, 09:52 AM) *

Make sure you've read through all this:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=738828

Also you want to practice multiplayer a lot so you feel what the balance really is. If you want to learn counters you should save replays and execute those strategies over and over again untill someone else shows you a counter. pretty much easiest way to learn.

I've already read all those guides and i try to apply them.

Now i'm trying to improve my micro (arty dodging, air fighting, how to spread efficiently against bomber, how to manage a blob of tanks running on me...) , my BOs (very early is ok, but after 15 min it's a disaster), ressource management wich still a problem (expand or T2...) and I know that i still waste some of my RP.

Thank you for your help.

This post has been edited by Joanelis: Nov 25 2011, 12:54 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)