Explore GameReplays...

StarCraft 2

At first I thought SC2 didnt steal from CnC. But then...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1L3g3nd4ry Nov 3 2011, 12:10 PM
So we all know the huge controversy over the the Helion = Raider Buggy and Banshee = Orca. And sure enough I gave Blizzard some slack and kept my opinion to myself. But this is the third time they have done this so... yeah... I'm just gonna leave this here...

Attached Image

=

Attached Image

tongue.gif

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 2Technique Nov 3 2011, 15:52 PM
And that while they have some awesome artists working for blizzard...

If they just gave those guys freedom perhaps not everything would look like a mixture of cnc and warhammer.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Merc Scout Nov 4 2011, 00:29 AM
everything can be sourced back to something. There are tons of "walkers" that shoot such as dreadnoughts and Sentinels from Warhammer 40k as well as Chicken walkers from Star wars and so on. A walker isn't a unique unit.

Game: Dark Crusade

+
# 4Technique Nov 4 2011, 11:36 AM
QUOTE(Merc Scout @ Nov 4 2011, 02:29 AM) *

everything can be sourced back to something. There are tons of "walkers" that shoot such as dreadnoughts and Sentinels from Warhammer 40k as well as Chicken walkers from Star wars and so on. A walker isn't a unique unit.

Yes but you seen some of the art from let's say Vitaly Bulgarov for example? He works for blizzard and is such an amazing artist... that alone tells me blizzard gives these guys strict lines what to create... so that's the problem.

This post has been edited by Technique: Nov 4 2011, 11:36 AM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5IMZiggy Nov 4 2011, 18:54 PM
They really need a redesign on the warhound... It looks like a fragile kids toy.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 6AgmLauncher Nov 5 2011, 07:15 AM
Well if they decided they wanted a mech, then all mechs/walkers are going to look fundamentally the same anyway. The details between those two models are different enough that you can't really say they're the same.

Also, SC is derived from the Warhammer universe, so it's no surprise that there are similarities between the two.

Clan: CrAzY

+
# 7triumph Nov 6 2011, 10:18 AM
You realize that a bunch of people who worked on CnC are now at Blizzard don'cha? People will take the things they love with them.

At this point I don't care about the art. What I care about is if the games units will actually be fun enough for me to want to ladder given the rotation doesn't suck.

Clan: EPIC

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)