Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Funnessness

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 121Misterjoe Feb 11 2008, 14:50 PM
Lol @ banning Alex. I can't even believe that just happened wacko.gif

All hope of redeeming this topic died with "hip hop has more variety than metal" LMAO.

Clan: Order Of The Elites

+
# 122k1ll3r Feb 11 2008, 15:15 PM
I suppose this is what happens when you give powers to someone so insecure.

Clan: -LoGn-

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 123Flamzypants Feb 11 2008, 16:34 PM
Any clan leader who has a forum can request someone to be banned, even if it's just because they don't like them...Tbh, if someone was bugging me in my forum, I'd just boot the mofo out, irrespective if he was right/wrong.

Clan: [BORG]

+
# 124k1ll3r Feb 11 2008, 23:13 PM
I doubt that's what the rules say, nevertheless, I'll check it out.

Clan: -LoGn-

+
# 125StarTrekker Feb 12 2008, 05:40 AM
QUOTE(Misterjoe @ Feb 12 2008, 01:20 AM) *
...All hope of redeeming this topic died with "hip hop has more variety than metal" LMAO.

Another "clever individual" who mis-quotes what is said. Well done wink.gif

QUOTE(k1ll3r @ Feb 12 2008, 01:45 AM) *
I suppose this is what happens when you give powers to someone so insecure.

And welcome to another "clever individual" who just doesn't get it and tries to be smart in a smarmy reply wacko.gif

QUOTE(Flamzypants @ Feb 12 2008, 03:04 AM) *
Any clan leader who has a forum can request someone to be banned, even if it's just because they don't like them...Tbh, if someone was bugging me in my forum, I'd just boot the mofo out, irrespective if he was right/wrong.

Exactly. Very tempting to go on a banning spree atm.

Oh well, screw this topic tbh. I think I'll only talk about music with mature, intelligent people who actually read and comprehend things that are said instead of this immature lot of twits who can do nothing but misquote, fail to comprehend, fail to read, refuse to acknowledge axioms and/or have no fucking idea how to contribute in a normal, respectable way.

I just don't have time or the inclination to teach sparrows that water is made up of 2 parts hydrogen to one part oxygen. Nor do I want to put up with the smarmy comments here. This is the BORG forum where BORG come to relax, not have to deal with this kind of lunacy.

Topic closed.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 126Remixer Feb 16 2008, 02:49 AM
Topic re-opened. I want to say something laugh.gif

ST is right in banning Alex from the BORG forums, as he clearly had no comprehension of ST's point and rambled on and on.

ST pretty much screwed all of you in the "Metal/Rock/Punk/Retarded vs Musical Variation" argument.

His point was clearly that narrow-minding yourself to one type of music and neglecting all other types of music, be it classical, dance, folk, rap, r'n'b, trance or whatnot, you have limited your own music variety.

Plunging into sub-genres of the same type of music does not make up for musical variety. It just comes to show how fanatical you are about the type of music you prefer to listen to.

I personally listen to pretty much any type of music, as long as it has good melody and/or a nice beat and isn't any form of rock. Lyrics don't count for shit in my opinion.

I do, however, like Trance/Techno the most and therefore explored their sub-genres, which are immense in variety.

It would be foolish from me to claim to have musical variety if I only listened to the Trance/Techno style of music and argued that by having explored its sub-genres (e.g. Breakbeat, Drum'n'Bass, Tribal, House, Club, Dance, Happy Hardcore, Psy/Goa Trance, etc etc etc) I have solidified my stance on pertaining a variety of musical styles.

Remixer

This post has been edited by Remixer: Feb 16 2008, 02:53 AM

+
# 127Flamzypants Feb 16 2008, 13:57 PM
I'd close this but it seems unfair to end on one persons view dry.gif

+
# 128CheeKy` Feb 16 2008, 14:18 PM
e.g. Breakbeat, Drum'n'Bass, Tribal, House, Club, Dance, Happy Hardcore, Psy/Goa Trance, etc etc etc)

These arent subgenres of Trance. Goa/Psy trance is. But the rest isnt.
Plunging into sub-genres of the same type of music does not make up for musical variety. It just comes to show how fanatical you are about the type of music you prefer to listen to.

I personally listen to pretty much any type of music, as long as it has good melody and/or a nice beat and isn't any form of rock. Lyrics don't count for shit in my opinion.

Agreed. But most of the time songs with lyrics who doesnt make sense arent good songs as well.

Clan: Teh Memberz

Game: None

+
# 129StarTrekker Feb 17 2008, 12:24 PM
QUOTE(CheeKy` @ Feb 17 2008, 00:48 AM) *
These arent subgenres of Trance. Goa/Psy trance is. But the rest isnt.

And this changes his point... how??

And he didn't say they were a sub-genre of Trance. He said they were a sub-genre of Trance/Techno in a way of supporting his point...

QUOTE(CheeKy` @ Feb 17 2008, 00:48 AM) *
Agreed. But most of the time songs with lyrics who doesnt make sense arent good songs as well.

Is the term "most" debatable on that?

And thanks Remixer, for understanding and clarifying my point... and for making those of your own, which I totally agree with... especially about the 'fanatical' thing smile.gif

+
# 130CheeKy` Feb 17 2008, 14:04 PM
And this changes his point... how??

And he didn't say they were a sub-genre of Trance. He said they were a sub-genre of Trance/Techno in a way of supporting his point...

Well I never said, he was wrong. I just said it arent subgenres and wanted to make that clear.
Is the term "most" debatable on that?

Its a fact wink.gif

+
# 131StarTrekker Feb 18 2008, 03:16 AM
You said what? "It aren't subgenres" now? Now you are not only misquoting Remixer, but you're mis-quoting yourself! laugh.gif But thanks for making that "clear" happy.gif

Don't get me wrong, I just found that to be a little funny smile.gif

What are you basing your "fact" on?? I don't think it's as clear cut as a "fact" imo... I really think the lyrics are almost irrelevant to a song's popularity or greatness. I can't help thinking of songs that hit number 1 on the top40... like "Around the World" happy.gif

+
# 132bliNd- Feb 18 2008, 03:39 AM
This topic has provided me with quite a lot of laughs. Thank you all, especially ST, some of your comments were so hilarious I had to take a break for a while.

+
# 133CheeKy` Feb 18 2008, 12:48 PM
ST you are talking shit right there....
You said what? "It aren't subgenres" now? Now you are not only misquoting Remixer, but you're mis-quoting yourself! But thanks for making that "clear"

Maybe READ what I type? I said both times that those arent subgenres from Trance.

+
# 134-Wraith^ Feb 18 2008, 16:23 PM
QUOTE(CheeKy` @ Feb 18 2008, 13:48 PM) *

Maybe READ what I type? I said both times that those arent subgenres from Trance.

Maybe you should start reading what ST said to you...

This post has been edited by StefanDeath: Feb 18 2008, 16:24 PM

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 135CheeKy` Feb 18 2008, 19:00 PM
Remixer says that those are subgenres of Trance. I say they arent..........So I dont really see what Im reading wrong lol....
What are you basing your "fact" on?? I don't think it's as clear cut as a "fact" imo... I really think the lyrics are almost irrelevant to a song's popularity or greatness. I can't help thinking of songs that hit number 1 on the top40... like "Around the World"

Thts something bs which I said since you were right lol wink.gif

+
# 136StarTrekker Feb 19 2008, 00:57 AM
FFS frusty.gif

Take ANOTHER look at what R3mix3r said. I'm not going to repeat myself again... if you can read you'll see it.

Seriously, this is amazing... this topic seems to bring out the highest levels of dumb posts laugh.gif

+
# 137Remixer Feb 19 2008, 01:45 AM
Whether they are sub-genres of Trance/Techno or not is pretty much irrelevant.

All the genres I listed belong to the Trance/Techno style of music...which in essence is "Electronica" as its umbrella genre.

Either way, this is getting out of hand... even about the smallest things you guys are arguing your shits out laugh.gif

Topic closed. smile.gif

Remixer

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)