Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

TRYOUT INFO: DivA invite only

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Steeva Mar 30 2005, 18:07 PM
If you are interested in trying out for clan DreaM|DivA

OUR TRYOUT PORTAL: http://dreamteamdiva.blogspot.com/

We'd be happy to have you. But first we must get to know you. Leave a comment here with your msn or email.

here are some factors we looked for (in order of importance):

• activity (we realize this is much more important now than ever) - this includes activity on bfme forums and on cw's.
  • 1v1 or team game ability - this takes into account the qm ladder ranking. Or whether you are good at team games... (a whole new BO).
  • learning curve (you can insert maturity here too). If the player is willing to learn, or already knows his stuff, then he is good to go. Total n00bs is not ok. You must get a good player to try out people, and use them as a standard of acceptance.
No one wants DIVA known as a clan of thugs and little kids, so being respectful to opponents and m8s is important. I am trying to get all our members to post on these forums, it is very beneficial.
Having a winning record is not that important, Clanwars is tough compititon. Most players DONT have winning records. Improving is important!

Email me at maverick2604@gmail.com OR
Email HORUS at philipibb@gmail.com (msn too)

We look foward from hearing from you!

This post has been edited by PHiL: Mar 19 2006, 19:23 PM

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2PeenAttack Mar 30 2005, 18:46 PM
If you are accepted into DIVA here are a few things about the clan:

- First alot of this goes with out saying. Just remember that while we dont have an oath or serious motto, it is important to be respectable to other players and clans. No flamming on this forum, in the games, or in the chatrooms. Also show respect to each other. Try to be mature, remember this clan is older compared to most clans, and the last thing anyone wants to deal with is a snot-nose kid. smilie_bleh.gif We have a fairly older clan so I am not too worried having problems with the above.

- Second, if you lose a game, be sure to report right after the game. Getting Auto-reported really stinks. -100 pts. So dont forget that. Save your replays if you win. Then delete after the clan reports.

- The main purpose of this clan is to have fun and get better. We play on clanwars.cc to compete but this clan's focus is mostly on having fun and getting better.

-In regaurds to clanwars.cc ^^... Dont be inactive for long periods of time, and if you are, let someone know why. We are competative on the ladder, so getting pts. Remeber you dont hurt the clan if you lose, so dont be afraid to play people!!!

- Get to know your clan m8s, and I encourage you guys to find a m8 and practice team games together. Last month we were alot 1v1, but this month I think it would be cool if we could have really good 2v2 teams together.

- We have a TeamSpeak server. TeamSpeak is a free service where you can talk to your partner during games. All you need is a head set. Click here for more info.

- All clan info will be communitcated through this site. So try to check it out every once in a while.

So thats just a few things, if you have anyquestions about clanwars.cc or about the clan post them here. Be sure you understand how clanwars.cc and Teamspeak works.

You may not Join Dream Diva if any of these apply to you...sorry...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Short history of DIVA clan
Me steeva and eggs used to play zero hour religiously. Then we got bfme. One day after asking tweety bird about clanwars...I made the clan and called them up to talk about it. I just did it for fun. Had no real asperations of making it legendary or anything...But steeva requested a clan forum on bfme.org...And @ first I was like...dood, you are making this a little too serious. Then Steeva and I pretty much asked everyone and thier dog to try out, we recruited like CRAZY. I had a job where I was online 9 hours a day, so I had lots of time to troll and look for recruits. I pm'd randome people on bfme.org. Then we picked up our first memeber (Tornando). Then we picked up the infamous Nils (staetten) He was our first really good player. He played insane amounts of games...his record was like 200-50 the first month the game was out...He was always on. Our first few months, we lost alot more than we won...we were in the top 20 and was proud about that. We got pwnd hard by EAGLE and TooN. The came poose...he was in a clan called [G], def one of our best pickups, he was our first player that could consistently beat pro-clans. Some where along the line, we started getting real popular...and recruits started flooding in. The we got the our #1 pick up from a little clan called OoM (tongue.gif) the one and only Mordorian (AnGra). Chuck and natural soon followed, and pwnd team games for a month. That was fun. They quit (twice) and at one point I was so frustrated I told steeva "If anGra quits i am dissolving the clan" haha I thknk that was right after poose went on break. But he didnt and we picked up few goldmines in May (Bleeder, MiniA, Chance, Jupiter) and got our first medal!! and here we are!

If you are wondering about the name... Steeva and I went up to New York to chill w Eggs Dec-04, and Eggs and I always felt like steeva was making us wait for him, or being slow or divaish...so we came up with the nickname "DIVA-STEEVA" steeva hated it. ALOT. But then he turned it around on us, when we started talking about the clan name...lol. Countless # of people asked us "What does diva stand for?" so we would sit in the lobby and make up stupid acronims like "DEATH IN VAIN AGAIN" lololol...it was really fun. AnGra personified our image in his artwork eg: my sig. Just a fun way to not take the game to seriously.

This is a short hand story of the last 6 months...

And now you know...........the rest of the story....

CUPS ACCORDING TO CLANWARS.CC 3 gold 2 silver 3 bronze

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

World-Wide Publishments Achievments:

crakin_ty wub.gif
AnGra wub.gif
Architect wub.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by PHiL: Mar 2 2006, 21:32 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3Cipher Mar 31 2005, 02:03 AM
A friend and I would like to tryout for DIVA or DEVA. When would be a good time for you guys?

Thanks

This post has been edited by PHiL: Oct 30 2005, 05:38 AM

+
# 4Steeva Mar 31 2005, 02:06 AM
i will not be on tonight ... or shall i say, i should not be on tonight... but Horus will. If you dont reach us, send us an email with your info

+
# 5PeenAttack Mar 31 2005, 13:14 PM
lol, steeva, I knew youd cave. Cipher, I can be on tonight 10pm EST. Is that good for you? If not, you can send/post a replay of you and your friend, and that will be enough.
Thnkx d00D !

+
# 6Cipher Mar 31 2005, 17:49 PM
I probably should have used trolls and orcs.

Attached File(s)
Attached File CipherVsAngra_mordorVgondor.zip
Size: 18.73k
Size (unzipped): 56.27k
Number of downloads: 48
Player Name Side Team
[DIVA]Angra 0
Cipher 0

+
# 7Cipher Mar 31 2005, 17:51 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File CipherVsAngra_mordorVisen.zip
Size: 45.13k
Size (unzipped): 134.81k
Number of downloads: 41
Player Name Side Team

+
# 8PeenAttack Mar 31 2005, 17:56 PM
Great, I'll watch tonight after 12pm EST. (End of month for clanwars ladder) wink.gif

+
# 9Angra Apr 1 2005, 06:29 AM
yea cipher should definitly be in DEVA. His mordor did well against my isengard. funny how you did the same strat i use to use against gondor when i joined the DIVA. Unfortunately, that doesn't work in good CW matches. I learned that the hard way.

+
# 10Machiavelli Apr 2 2005, 07:12 AM
I'm extending an invite to him tonight on CW.

+
# 11Angrydenethor Apr 5 2005, 05:05 AM
well i requested a tryout last week but unfortunatly 2 days after i went on holiday so i was unable to reply however, but i am free now for the next 5 days(no school) so ill be on the pc 24/7.

Thanks Angrydenethor

+
# 12PeenAttack Apr 5 2005, 12:07 PM
Hey, I am moving this thread to our tryout section.
Plez post a replay of you playing a non-noob. Or you can contact one of us online.
Thanks d00d.
smile.gif

+
# 13Angrydenethor Apr 6 2005, 00:18 AM
what do you define as a noob, can i get someone like angra to play who ISN'T! a noob for sure. But then again do i have to win? Because when you put pro only, some guy with 0/0 says yes and then he doesnt know how to build on his plots or close his gates etc.

+
# 14Steeva Apr 6 2005, 00:51 AM
angry. you saw what we were looking for. if you play someone, at horus and i's discretion, and we like what we hear, see (from replays, then maybe we can work something out.

+
# 15Angra Apr 6 2005, 01:20 AM
QUOTE(Angrydenethor @ Apr 5 2005, 08:18 PM)
what do you define as a noob, can i get someone like angra to play who ISN'T! a noob for sure.

na im a noob sad.gif but i will play you and see how much you have improved. thumb.gif

+
# 16Angrydenethor Apr 7 2005, 02:06 AM
i wish i never went on that holiday, ive nearly forgotten everything(not quite) i was doing alot better when i was winning games in a row(quick match) i cant even beat anybody, i did get mordorians wall down but then the tree hunters appear standing in the hole lol. 300 pop army wasted with gimli legolas and aragorn, after that when i see mordorian is about to start pumping out the elves i quit cos u know that mordor owns fire arrow elves dont they.

I then played a game later- i had map control as gondor, i had elven wood, gtw and elves come out, gondor has no way of quick siege unless you lightning but he had gimli on top of gate, so i bought 5 trebs, then about a billion elves come out and take out a fully upgraded gondorian camp in the middle(with the exception of a well). Then they kill ALL my Tg in shield wall formation and my knights trying to plow them, my gandalf blasts them(on foot)- does about a quarter damage, isitari legolas, then i die when i do lightning. Then ents come and i build fire trebs but the elves shoot those too.

they need serious nerfing in the next patch-way too good for their cost.

+
# 17Angrydenethor Apr 7 2005, 02:17 AM
hey, why cant i watch the AngraVTidus replay, it doesnt work, ive put it in the right file- it just doesnt show up.

+
# 18Angra Apr 7 2005, 02:26 AM
your doin something wrong.. It works.

+
# 19DarkMorgulKing Apr 7 2005, 05:06 AM
hey guys! I have come to apply for DEVA, sort of on recommendation from Angra at memw forums.

unfortunately I have no replay, my comp is down and I can only use my dad's it has no replays on it, because I recently re-installed. I may be able to get one tommorrow if he'll let me on it.

I know bigboi here, he was the clan leader of an old clan we were in. He has yet to beat me biggrin.gif

I'm sorry about having no replay, maybe I can get one tommorrow, but I would have been accepted into GP had they not ran out of room so maybe that counts for something

anyways, I hope you guys will give me a shot, you wont regret it (maybe bigboi will tongue.gif j/k) banana.gif banana.gif

This post has been edited by DarkMorgulKing: Apr 7 2005, 05:07 AM

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 20Steeva Apr 7 2005, 05:22 AM
hey dark .. its a little late right now, but i'll try to get angra, myself to try you out tomor. what time will you be on?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)