Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Another how's life topic

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41BaLL_ May 5 2009, 01:20 AM
QUOTE(Sage @ Apr 30 2009, 19:18 PM) *

College is the time of your life, it won't get better.

agreed

Clan: DreaM|DivA

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 42Jobbies May 13 2009, 22:14 PM
QUOTE(KlunG @ May 3 2009, 20:57 PM) *

1 month and 8 days until im done with education drol.gif

Fs Klung, you're such an old man sad.gif .

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 43Zlurodirom May 16 2009, 05:56 AM
DMK can you clarify the whole Clarmont Mikenna Muddscripts(is that what they call their athletes or the school name?) and Pomona thing? Are they all colleges part of the Pomona university?
Also remember college is supposed to be the time of your life, so make sure you have time to enjoy yourself, and you're not all nose to the grindstone, but that doesn't mean sacrificing grades.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 44Pitch May 16 2009, 07:08 AM
Pomona is part of the Claremont Colleges "Consortium." aka its just a bunch of colleges basically on one large campus, although each of the colleges is its own entity. However, because they're so close, they can share many of the other colleges resources (such as extracurriculars, parties, classes, you name it).

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 45Zlurodirom May 16 2009, 07:53 AM
So it's Claremont university made up of pomona, and harvey mudd (and others if there are more ) colleges? Or even though they're on the same campus they're all different universities?

+
# 46Pitch May 18 2009, 08:02 AM
They're all their own universities. There is no "Claremont University."

+
# 47DarkMorgulKing May 19 2009, 01:45 AM
It's called the Claremont Consortium, and it's made up of five independent schools - Pomona, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, Scripps, Pitzer. Each school has it's own specialties, except Pomona, which is very good all-around and was the founding school of the consortium.

They all have their own campuses, but they are contiguous, so it's very easy to go from one school to the other, and they share some facilities, sports teams, you can cross-register classes, etc.

Also remember college is supposed to be the time of your life, so make sure you have time to enjoy yourself, and you're not all nose to the grindstone, but that doesn't mean sacrificing grades.

One of the reasons I chose Pomona was that it's known for being a great place to just have fun at. It was given the highest rating by the Princeton Review for quality of life (99), for what it's worth (not much imo, I don't fully trust most of these college 'guides').

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 48Zlurodirom May 19 2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks, I know a couple people that went to Pomona, and I was just curious about it. I did hear a story about a prospy going to visit an Alumni from my school that went there, and there was some sort of secret party or something (maybe the campus safety is super strict?). Good luck.

+
# 49DarkMorgulKing May 19 2009, 02:49 AM
I've heard the opposite actually...I think they are quite lax, except on the first week of school. However, there is a secret society so it might be related to that tongue.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 50Pitch May 27 2009, 08:41 AM
Well I was rejected from Harvard today. Stanford here I come =]

+
# 51HERO May 27 2009, 21:29 PM
QUOTE(BaLL_ @ May 4 2009, 18:20 PM) *

agreed

Yes it will.

1. Getting married.
2. Landing your dream job.
3. Having your first child.

The second child and getting gray with your old woman comes after.

Enjoy life boyz. We've been on this forum way too long.

Clan: EPIC

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 52BaLL_ May 28 2009, 23:22 PM
haha true i'ma live it up til then though =)

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)