Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 4

Basilisk usage... + statis shield usage...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Incia Sep 16 2010, 15:25 PM
Asssssssssssssssssss nobody ever watches my replays so I'll just post it here for fun.

Replay!

Was going to test different Support Powers for fun, like using stealth on visceroids etc ^^

But the real deal is at the end-game, fast-forward if you're lazy.
Basilisk army killing hordes of tier 3 GDI aircrafts ^____^

And I also use statis shield like it's supposed to be used AKA dodging Firehawk Strikes and even an ION storm from a Tiberium crystal.

Don't think so many players know that's even possible?

I know I know, Kodiaks suckkkk versus Basilisks but anyhow, I only lose 1 Basilisk and 1 Medusa because I MICRO THE CRAP OUT OF THEM. :3

Oh, and the game is a 2vs4 at the end, so the Kodiak spammer has a huuuuge CP pop-cap.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 2Converse Apr 6 2011, 19:40 PM
Yes, kodiaks suck against basilisk, but if you use the 40 sp for the support power that it makes the units as the mirror of refractors, they will Overwhelm in few seconds smile.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 3Mr. Commander Nov 8 2011, 18:17 PM
There is a neat trick you can do with the stasis shield. GDI defence normally uses the crystal shield to freeze Nod's forces. But in the 101# VOD there was a neat trick in which someone used the basislik's stasis field on the crystal shield preventing GDI from using it on the Basilisk force.

+
# 4quincunx Nov 18 2011, 15:35 PM
Statis shield use against ion storm, I never tought that would be even possible ohmy.gif I have been wondering if it's possible, but never tried to statis field nodes. That would be super annoying in even matches where every point is crucial.

+
# 5quincunx Nov 18 2011, 17:36 PM
Ok I tried to statis fielding nodes and tnc:s and that worked. I can't even imagine how many fun tricks people could do with that biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cutlery: Nov 18 2011, 17:44 PM

+
# 6Incia Nov 18 2011, 20:15 PM
People are actually already abusing them in clan games tongue.gif and it's annoying if a good Nod player knows what to do tongue.gif

+
# 7stormgear Nov 19 2011, 02:53 AM
QUOTE(Cutlery @ Nov 18 2011, 23:35 PM) *

Statis shield use against ion storm, I never tought that would be even possible ohmy.gif I have been wondering if it's possible, but never tried to statis field nodes. That would be super annoying in even matches where every point is crucial.

Wait, how is it exactly? Use stasis field to protect against Ion Storm or use it to "contain" the Ion Storm?

And I'm still dreaming of catching a nuke with the Stasis Field (for the lulz of course) laugh.gif

+
# 8quincunx Nov 19 2011, 11:41 AM
QUOTE(Incia @ Nov 18 2011, 22:15 PM) *

People are actually already abusing them in clan games tongue.gif and it's annoying if a good Nod player knows what to do tongue.gif

I have totally missed that sad.gif It's scary to think how one support player could keep one node easily alone with basilisk spam and use statis field again again and again..

QUOTE(stormgear @ Nov 19 2011, 04:53 AM) *

Wait, how is it exactly? Use stasis field to protect against Ion Storm or use it to "contain" the Ion Storm?

And I'm still dreaming of catching a nuke with the Stasis Field (for the lulz of course) laugh.gif

I was thinking about that ""contain" the Ion Storm" thing. I'll give that a try, if someone doesn't know the answer yet.

+
# 9Incia Nov 19 2011, 15:36 PM
I think that's exactly what I did in this replay, by 'containing' the Ion Storm. I cast the stasis field over the cloud that summons from the tiberium detonation. And the stasis field makes the Ion Storm not do anything at all...

+
# 10quincunx Jan 20 2012, 11:06 AM
QUOTE(Mr. Commander @ Nov 8 2011, 20:17 PM) *

There is a neat trick you can do with the stasis shield. GDI defence normally uses the crystal shield to freeze Nod's forces. But in the 101# VOD there was a neat trick in which someone used the basislik's stasis field on the crystal shield preventing GDI from using it on the Basilisk force.

Was the statis field used before crystal shield was activated or during the "frozing stance" of chrystal shield. I came to think of this yesterday and couldnt get it out of my mind tongue.gif

+
# 11Incia Jan 20 2012, 13:24 PM
Before.

+
# 12Yukkuri Jan 21 2012, 02:05 AM
QUOTE(Mr. Commander @ Nov 8 2011, 10:17 AM) *

Personally I don't find this very useful - since he'll be deploying it under your basilisks, you will also be stasising your own basilisks when you try to stasis the shield. And after your stasis ends, he can immediately activate his stasis and stasis you some more.

'Stasis' sounds funny when you say it a lot of times.

+
# 13quincunx Sep 19 2012, 18:03 PM
I used statis in attempt to save my units when I saw enemy crawler's deploying halo tongue.gif It doesn't work incase you haven't tried it. When statis wears off crawler drops and boom statis units are gone ^^

+
# 14stormgear Sep 27 2012, 09:48 AM
Wait, how exactly 'it doesn't work?' I'm taking a guess that the crawler got caught in the stasis too. So as the field wears off the animation just resumes normally and the crawler kills off the units in the process.

+
# 15quincunx Sep 29 2012, 10:24 AM
QUOTE(stormgear @ Sep 27 2012, 11:48 AM) *

Wait, how exactly 'it doesn't work?' I'm taking a guess that the crawler got caught in the stasis too. So as the field wears off the animation just resumes normally and the crawler kills off the units in the process.

Yep, basicly like that. Of course if you can statis like master, the units could be saved if the crawlerdrop doesn't get statis shielded.

+
# 16Incia Sep 29 2012, 17:59 PM
If you stasis your units before the drop then they are saved, if you stasis both the drop and units then they both get frozen and then eventually the drop kills them...

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)