Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 4

Fully stealthed team

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1quincunx Jun 17 2011, 07:14 AM
I have been thinking has anyone never tried to use tactic where full Nod team is stealthed by using stealthed units, Disruption tower and Cloaking field. If you have tried this, how has it worked? If not, how would it work out. As Gdi I would be little bit paranoid if full Nod team was doing this biggrin.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 2Incia Jun 17 2011, 10:40 AM
On 1vs1 I have seen it work wonders.
Once saw a guy use 2 upgraded stealth tanks to cloak 2 heroic avatars (were taking a node). Another stealth tank + specters taking other nodes, then stealth offense crawler + specters harassing GDI Defense.

After a while suddenly Nod had 4 Nodes, and everything was stealth.

It's easier to counter in 5vs5 when all GDI have is big armies and stealth detection everywhere, but in 1vs1 it's super annoying and hard to counter.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 3Tony_A179 Jun 17 2011, 11:43 AM
tried it once in 3 v3. works amazing the first 5 minutes, then it started to fail horribly when my enemies started to get a clue.

+
# 4quincunx Jun 17 2011, 16:54 PM
Hmm interesting^^

Yeah I tought in 4vs4 and 5vs5 it will be a problem, but it seems like it works in 3vs3 few minutes and better in 2vs2(maybe) and 1vs1.

Oh I forgot the sealth nod tunnels. I remember someone using them very annoyingly till I understood there were tunnels near the nodes. Before that I felt like there was big army everywhere.

+
# 5stormgear Jun 17 2011, 17:41 PM
It does work at 5v5's. In fact it seems to happen at say 6 out of 10 games?

I remember one game against ztomy and his friends at Disputed Depot. They made a good domination with the help of stealth units. I might still have a replay of this and I'll try to upload it if I can.

I also remember playing a 3v3 game against nicole at Withered Fracture recently. She had a good mix of units under stealth. I don't have a replay of this because it's me, numbers and a random that didn't helped much that only led to upset me.

+
# 6ZodiacHeadlock Jun 17 2011, 23:23 PM
I love using a fully cloaked army at T3. Running around the map with 5 Stealth tanks, 3 specters and a crawler is an old past-time of mine. Of course nowadays I make room for the Commando as well. He's becoming my favourite unit tongue.gif

+
# 7quincunx Jun 19 2011, 11:05 AM

It does work at 5v5's. In fact it seems to happen at say 6 out of 10 games?

I remember one game against ztomy and his friends at Disputed Depot. They made a good domination with the help of stealth units. I might still have a replay of this and I'll try to upload it if I can.

I would like to see that replay if possible smile.gif

I noticed that there is also one fun trick to do by using one or two units as decoy and try to make enemy army fall in the trap of stealth/ed units smile.gif

+
# 8stormgear Jun 19 2011, 12:15 PM
Yes I will, I really saved that one because I was impressed on how non-stealthed units are stealthed too while waiting at bay to fend us off from their position.

+
# 9Elven Jun 20 2011, 10:01 AM
EPIX biggrin.gif!

I really wanna try out some stuff too in future. Like using aftershocks on tib collection spot and stealth it xD.

Game: Overwatch

+
# 10Mr. Commander Jul 10 2011, 02:37 AM
QUOTE(Elven @ Jun 20 2011, 10:01 AM) *

EPIX biggrin.gif!

I really wanna try out some stuff too in future. Like using aftershocks on tib collection spot and stealth it xD.

I have used the aftershocks on the blue tib collection spots on "blood and sand" once before(already had a defence crawler but I lost my army so I built two aftershocks, decommisioned, and respawned as support) but as soon as I deployed my two aftershocks, I think GDI got a green crystal from their side and they hit tier 3(as support I built an army of meduses and basisliks and pwned their archaeangel and kodiak spam). The aftershock strategy would only work if you hit tier 3 at least 5 minutes before they do.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)