Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Down the road (created by cncHD, scetch by ReLaX)

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Mp3 Oct 14 2019, 06:03 AM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Oct 13 2019, 22:48 PM) *

16 was my idea for lower Ground.

Does this ground path have to be placed near the supply dock?
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Oct 13 2019, 22:48 PM)

The Supply should be smaller than the Standard.

Alright, will make it down to 20k.
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Oct 13 2019, 22:48 PM)

At the right side just choose terrain height what Feels better.

Okay.
But when you say the height of the terrain do you mean the level of ground?
Will put grass textures in there. (near the oils , just like you've asked in the sketch smile.gif)

-Mp3

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 22ReLaX Oct 14 2019, 17:10 PM
Most of the times I do the height Later on.
So dont care too much and feel free whatever fits better.

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 23Mp3 Oct 14 2019, 17:18 PM
thum.gif Understood.
I will publish screenshots later on when I'm done with the design.
Thanks for clarification ReLaX!

+
# 24ReLaX Oct 15 2019, 01:37 AM
No Problem thx for helping with some maps.

+
# 25-ExiLe` Oct 15 2019, 21:06 PM
Just an idea for esthetics of a new map, something we don't have yet, is like an airport map. Either civilian or military (civilian be nicer) with big landing strips, terminals and planes obviously. Just to give some inspiration here.

+
# 26Mp3 Oct 16 2019, 04:48 AM
Hey ReLaX!
I'm starting to getting into the stage of completing the textures.
Haven't done the ground levels yet , as i'm unsure of what height to give them.

Got some questions and suggestions on the map picture you send me a couple day ago.
Spoiler
This one
IPB Image

Questions.
  1. The numbers at the bottom of the right side , i can't figure out their meaning wacko.gif (500 or 600)
    Supposedly they should be the hill distance ?
  2. Dock with the smaller value ,on the left side of the center, is a bit confusing.
    Does there have to be two docks with 20k or just one ?
  3. I've increased the X (Horizontal) side of the map and left the original Y (Vertical) size the same as it was on TD Classic (being 250). Was is it done in the way you wanted it?
  4. What do you think about the map time?
    Should it be Morning or Afternoon?
  5. In regards with the oil position and the supplies , here's how i did it (image below).
    IPB Image
    Will move the oils closer to each other if necessary.
Suggestions
  1. Adding the mountains which were present in TD could bring the feel of it.
  2. What do you think of different levels of ground near the oils (like on Rebellion)?
  3. Adding waves on the water near secondary supplies ,could make the map cooler (i can add them in case you've liked this idea happy.gif )

I'm thankful for being chosen to do your map. Your feedback is helping me in making it better and as you would like to see it in the end!

-Mp3

QUOTE(-ExiLe` @ Oct 15 2019, 16:06 PM) *

Just an idea for esthetics of a new map, something we don't have yet, is like an airport map. Either civilian or military (civilian be nicer) with big landing strips, terminals and planes obviously. Just to give some inspiration here.

Yo ExiLe! It is possible to visualize such thing, it just that community may not like it.

Think this picture is partially representing what you meant
IPB Image

Actually , there was a map based entirely around the theme of airfield's landing paths with aircraft included. Only small portion of ppl have liked it despite the originality it had, due to which the map was forgotten.
ohmy.gif
Luckily , it was brought back and can be download in this thread under the name Airport laugh.gif

+
# 27-ExiLe` Oct 16 2019, 08:32 AM
QUOTE(1234mp3lel @ Oct 16 2019, 06:48 AM) *

Yo ExiLe! It is possible to visualize such thing, it just that community may not like it.

IPB Image

Actually , there was a map based entirely around the theme of airfield's landing paths with aircraft included. Only small portion of ppl have liked it despite the originality it had, due to which the map was forgotten.
ohmy.gif
Luckily , it was brought back and can be download in this thread under the name Airport laugh.gif

Yea that looks pretty cool, I think most would like it, as long as it doesn't interfere with gameplay, so purely cosmetics.

And ty for that link, I will check out later

+
# 28cncHD Oct 19 2019, 21:35 PM
Half way through. I need to fill more empty space and work on the supply placements and balance on the map. But the base frame is looking decent so far.

+
# 29ReLaX Oct 19 2019, 21:58 PM
Hey guys. Will look into it later.

+
# 30Mp3 Oct 19 2019, 22:00 PM
IPB Image

Wow , that looks cool !
Especially like the hills and the upcoming beach areas thumb.gif

+
# 31ReLaX Oct 21 2019, 00:09 AM
Hey 1234mp3lel!

Glad you continued. I answered in red.

ReLaX

QUOTE(1234mp3lel @ Oct 16 2019, 06:48 AM) *

Hey ReLaX!
I'm starting to getting into the stage of completing the textures.
Haven't done the ground levels yet , as i'm unsure of what height to give them.

Got some questions and suggestions on the map picture you send me a couple day ago.
Spoiler
This one
IPB Image

Questions.
  1. The numbers at the bottom of the right side , i can't figure out their meaning wacko.gif (500 or 600)
    Supposedly they should be the hill distance ?

This is the distance of the player start point from the bottom/top boarder of the map. Just an indication of a distance. Choose one and see how it looks like!

2. Dock with the smaller value ,on the left side of the center, is a bit confusing.
    Does there have to be two docks with 20k or just one ?

One supply dock with 20k.
  3. I've increased the X (Horizontal) side of the map and left the original Y (Vertical) size the same as it was on TD Classic (being 250). Was is it done in the way you wanted it?

As long as its not too big, its fine. The TD dimensions are okay, but sometimes a bit small.
  4. What do you think about the map time?
    Should it be Morning or Afternoon?

Up to you! How it looks nice, you can also adjust light and colour of everything you want. Each map I made its different, but sometimes you can hardly see it.
  5. In regards with the oil position and the supplies , here's how i did it (image below).
    IPB Image
    Will move the oils closer to each other if necessary.
    Oil 1 and 2 should belong to each player and should also be at fighting distance in-game, so no real save oil for each player. Choose the position you find best here; also depends a little from the small money piles' position.
Suggestions
  1. Adding the mountains which were present in TD could bring the feel of it.
  2. What do you think of different levels of ground near the oils (like on Rebellion)?
    --> I tought the whole area of forrest and oil including outpost and possibly civilian bunker if you like can be at higher level I think. That puts the player into position to really need to garrison buildings around.
  3. Adding waves on the water near secondary supplies ,could make the map cooler (i can add them in case you've liked this idea happy.gif )

Yes, it makes it real nice.
I'm thankful for being chosen to do your map. Your feedback is helping me in making it better and as you would like to see it in the end!

Hey, no problem.
I could draw new maps each 30 minutes, but I dont have time atm.

Thanks, ReLaX

-Mp3

IPB Image

ohmy.gif

+
# 32Mp3 Oct 21 2019, 05:39 AM
Thank you for responding ReLaX!
I will revise the map a bit based on your suggestions above smile.gif
Regards with the map's name , i was thinking of several one's which are : Bloody Sands ; Uprising Dust ; Gritty Fight ; Vendetta ; Desert EZel ; Calm Ground or simply Outskirts.

I've highlighted the ones i personally would chose for it ; Vendetta would be my choice.
Perhaps you might like the other names , because of which i'm posting my full list here biggrin.gif

-Mp3

+
# 33xezon Oct 21 2019, 09:02 AM
The Airfield looks really cool. I have not seen anything like it on another multiplayer map.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 34ReLaX Oct 21 2019, 10:55 AM
Vendetta is good.

+
# 35cncHD Oct 21 2019, 11:05 AM
I worked on "Down the Road" yesterday and found a way to fill the void on the right side of the map. Im now filling the right side with a nice looking hill where the large civilian building with its parking lot is positioned on.

It helps the balance greatly and will look pretty nice. Usually Im not a fan of filling the complete map with hills and water, but in this case its urgently needed for maximum balance.

Map will be finished soon. I need to run some balance tests and make sure all buildings are not bugged. Will keep you updated.

+
# 36ReLaX Oct 26 2019, 13:06 PM
Any updates?

I have already new designs ready to start another Session.

+
# 37cncHD Oct 26 2019, 16:09 PM
I will be finished with the map this weekend and happy to help you out in the new session as well.

+
# 38Mp3 Oct 26 2019, 16:53 PM
QUOTE(cncHD @ Oct 26 2019, 11:09 AM) *

I will be finished with the map this weekend and happy to help you out in the new session as well.

I would also like to continue working with you ReLaX smile.gif
Was busy with RL work, which is why I couldn't publish the first version , will do it this weekend.
Thanks for such opportunity!

Mp3

(Btw, my nickname is Mp3, I always write it at the end)

+
# 39ReLaX Oct 26 2019, 17:13 PM
Okay, mp3 😏

+
# 40Mp3 Oct 26 2019, 22:25 PM
QUOTE(ReLaX @ Oct 26 2019, 12:13 PM) *

Okay, mp3 😏

Ty cool2.gif
I've manage to take screenshots of middle and right side of Vendetta.
Currently completing it to fully working v1 , will provide the map soon!

Right side were the oil and additional supplies are located. I put some grass as you wanted!

IPB Image

Here's early picture of ocean waves on the map (atm without palms being present)

IPB Image

Center of the map which resembles the style of TD. I thought you might like the idea of standard TD road.

IPB Image

The style of this

IPB Image

Other parts are still in development.
In regards with dock that has 20k , I placed him on the left-hand side of middle which has the ground level of 10 (a little bit smaller and even then 16).
The distance between map's boarder and player's main supply is 600.

I'm eager to know what you think about the pics so far, and is there a need of change somewhere.

-Mp3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)