Here's my standard building order wink.gif

What do you thing? Leave a comment ! smile.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Game: OpenRA

+
# 2Materia Jul 19 2015, 21:56 PM
good buildorder if your new and have to check out how units working
you should make 1 more harvester and no ranger if you have 10 rifleman you will not need it
make after radar advanced pp and helipad

my bo is mostly pp barracks then depends game/map 2 - 10 rifleman raffie weapon fac 3 oretrux raffie sell barracks cause of low power lol (really often doin this)
then depends if spot is close to enemy pp repair pad for mcv(s)
or just radar turn off pwr advanced pp arty helis if spot is close
for soviet is also good to make some pp after 2nd raffie and put just some teslas much powerful so early

cu materia

+
# 301fris Jul 21 2015, 11:37 AM
I need the ranger to have the vision for the infantery and scout.

Your economy is way better with 2 raf and next war factory than raf war factory and raffinery.

Your advantage is insignificant in number in harverster and you have why more money if you start with two raffinery before war factory.

+
# 4Materia Jul 22 2015, 07:38 AM
your economy is only for a short time better at start, thats only good if you want to rush someone with baserush and/or mass infantry. but that often fails in teamgames ( or depends onn team).
of course you got your 2nd oretruck earlyier with your buildorder. but i build oretrucks while im building my 2nd riffenery. on big maps you can make this without barracks and 1st unit just ranger or light tank.
sometimes im forced to make 2nd riffenery before war fac if spots are close to enemy cause someone moved his mcv (i hate that often ruin games) you just need turrets then and stuff but that makes me much slower then.

in most games you just dont need so much infantry at start and for scouting a heli works as well as ranger.

i know each player got his own buildorder and many players doing it like you but you should try it a few games.

+
# 501fris Jul 22 2015, 11:34 AM
Yes of course, every building order have there strong points and weakness. The most important is to understand the strategy behind the building order. And it's crucial too because sometimes you must change the building order during the game. In fact, you must adapt the best against your oponnent (scout and react in consequence, army composition and bilding order too)

but I have one advantage. With a second raffinery, I can deploy it just next the mineral, and if you have just one, the mineral field is further. (You can place the second raffinery at the place it was impossible before because the ore was collected)

I recon in a large map, it's better to make raffinery and next war factory and few infantery. I already know that but I didn't show it for this moment on the forum. In a few days i'll post it in this topic wink.gif

Materia, are you interested to make a picture like me about your building order? It will be clearier for the other members of this forum wink.gif

Ps: I like exchange strategy like we do wink.gif

+
# 6FiveAces Jul 22 2015, 22:29 PM
To add my 0.02 $ to the discussion: My build order is 100% dependant on the map and my opponents' playstyle.
On a macro map with lots of potential expansions, I go power > barracks > ref > wf > repair pad > mcv > ref at the expansion.
For early pressure, try power > barracks > ref > ref > wf > radar, especially on maps with access to 2 or more ore fields at your spawn location.
For a defensive start and to spread out your base, go power > barracks > ref > power > ref > wf > fast tech.

One thing about the no barracks start: If you do that versus a good player and he scouts it, you have essentially lost the game, as he will flood the board with infantry and find the blind spots your base defenses don't cover - especially against Soviets, as 3-5 grenadiers are enough to take out a base if left unchecked.

+
# 701fris Jul 23 2015, 10:45 AM
Don't worry, it's very good comment from you FiveAces. To improve the strategy we need to discuss wink.gif

Yes, I have different building order too, and seems like you. I just let my standart building order.

And of course you must adapt the building order follow the map and opponent, you have 100% right wink.gif

+
# 8GatekeeperRA Jul 25 2015, 10:46 AM
I usually go: PP-Racks(10rifle for scouting)-Ref-PP(to base creep to next ore patch)-WF(1 ranger for scouting& spotting for my rifle's and 2 extra harvesters)-Ref-Radar-expansion with MCV. During the move I tend to produce a lot of forces because my mcv isn't producing anything.

But then again it depends on the map, if the teams/players are far apart I do Ref before Racks to get my first money before my enemy does and build a service depot instead of expanding with my startig mcv.

+
# 901fris Jul 31 2015, 07:12 AM
Hello guys, here is my new building order smile.gif

Let a comment to discuss about wink.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 10Newwe Aug 13 2015, 01:52 AM
As Materia said, building 2 refs and selling 1 before building a war factory works out worse than only building 1 then war factory + harvesters. Build more harvesters (obv. need a second refinery), fewer early infantry, longbows suck. On a medium to high ore map you are going to get killed by better players with better econ.

What does detection mean for the bottom radar dome?

+
# 1101fris Aug 14 2015, 12:40 PM
This one is outdated. I'm testing an other one

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)