Explore GameReplays...

OpenRA

Red Alert Build Orders

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Murto the Ray Nov 1 2015, 19:01 PM
Hey everyone! Its about time we start populating these strategy forums to help new players get into OpenRA.

Share your build orders below with a little description of it's purpose or when it should be used (Example images and replays are great too!). Feel free to discuss each other's build orders here as well.

Game: OpenRA

+
# 2Broke It Jan 25 2016, 00:57 AM
Ok, I'll start here with a few that I have tried...(all soviet)

Quick eco/large map: Deploy-Power Plant-Refinery-Barracks-Refinery-Power Plant-War Factory (2-3 Harvesters first), then either Radar or Service Depot depending on aspirations...

Quick eco/smaller map: Deploy-Power Plant-Kennel (two dogs for scouting)-Refinery-Barracks-Refinery-(Flame tower if you're worried about rushes)-War Factory (2-3 harvesters), then radar or Service Depot, etc...

Standard Build/works generally everywhere: Deploy-Power-Barracks-Refinery-War Factory (2-3 Harvesters)-Power-Refinery, radar or service depot, etc...

Sometimes I will build a flak truck or APC for quick scouting before my harvesters...depends on how safe I feel, or how unknown/unpredictable my opponent/the map is.

Building a flame tower early is usually a good idea, but more often than not I get to cancel it and get my money back...that being said, it has saved me from grenadiers and flame rushes a couple times as well.

Choosing radar or depot.... I tend to go depot first if there aren't a lot of resources at the start and I know I'm going to need to expand quickly. The radar dome first is useful for getting vision with Yaks, and the anti-infantry powers of the V2. The variation here is that even if I don't plan to expand quickly, I will build the depot first if I want to go super safe and do a typical tank/infantry build.

There are of course more variations that I've tried, but these are what I've been working on the most as of now.... Thoughts?

+
# 301fris Mar 26 2016, 10:30 AM
Voici mon Ordre de Construction (Here's my Building Order)

Attached File(s)
Attached File 01fris_BO.pdf
Size: 297.23k
Number of downloads: 506

+
# 4Newwe Mar 28 2016, 04:15 AM
Merci pour partager Fris. Je pense que le WF avant le deuxième ref est generalement meilleur. Et Radar+Helipad avant the troisieme ref.

+
# 501fris Mar 28 2016, 09:22 AM
Etant donné que je suis ouvert, je testerai l'ouverture raf +WF

sinon je préfère la 3ème raf avant le radar et l'helipad, car je préfère avoir une économie plus solide.

+
# 6Newwe Mar 28 2016, 22:53 PM
QUOTE(01fris @ Mar 28 2016, 09:22 AM) *

Etant donné que je suis ouvert, je testerai l'ouverture raf +WF

sinon je préfère la 3ème raf avant le radar et l'helipad, car je préfère avoir une économie plus solide.

Je vais changer a l'anglais. The problem with the 3rd ref before radar/helipad is that you really can't make anything that useful with all the money you will have (no artillery, hinds, aaguns, med tanks (requires service depot obviously), destroyers if naval if available), and you extremely vulnerable to your enemy's artillery/hinds/yaks/tanks.

3rd ref isn't that high of a priority in my opinion (depends on map of course), often I would make a service depot or tech (or both) before a 3rd ref. It also depends on your team, if you are the only allied player teching up quicker has a lot of merit. On an expansion heavy map, a quicker service depot is more attractive.

+
# 701fris Apr 8 2016, 10:35 AM
My classical BO has a weakness :

on map who have multiple little mineral field and or really opened map, I can't defend everywhere, and I got crashed by tank + infantery.

I set on track a new building order to counter with effective tank + inf on opened map.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)