Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

ZH freezes / Crashes

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1CirezD Jul 19 2021, 01:37 AM
so, i had issues with random ZH freezes, music would loop, game would get stuck, that would eventually fix itself after a few seconds, but was hell annoying in competitive games. So i reinstalled the game, it didn't fix it, i thought my windows was getting slow overall, so i completely reinstalled windows 10, the issue didnt go away. I don't have the same issues with any other software, so it must be ZH.

I reinstalled it again, using legionnaire gen patcher, i still had serious error at start, so i found out, the .ini was missing, so i made a new one which i found on the forum. The game runs now, and its smoother now than before, i still get the random freezes / crashes of the game. Anyone got an idea what that could be? I can still tab out, it will show in task manager "no response" on the ZH application.

I'm running windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770. The pc should be more than capable of running the program, i'm just not sure what happened or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh i should add, i installed ZH through iso images

This post has been edited by CirezD: Jul 19 2021, 02:07 AM

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2Kill toll^ Jul 19 2021, 09:11 AM
Have you tried installing Gentool and disabling maphack software?

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 3Goldjunge Jul 19 2021, 16:55 PM
You did a clean deinstall ?
Usually when you deinstall ZH, some orphaned Files left and can cause Conflicts.
When i have Problems with ZH i make a clear deinstall by using Ccleaner.
Deinstall the Game, run Ccleaner after that and save a Backup.
Than install ZH again.

Because i'm not sure what the Problem is, i also captured you the Settings from my GPU as i'm using the GTX770 too.
Maybe it's helpful.

Attached Image
Attached Image

+
# 4CirezD Jul 19 2021, 19:05 PM
Yea, i did a completely fresh install. I even uninstalled my version and got it from Origin to see if that makes any difference, turned out, it didnt.

So i used your settings now, first test didnt give me a freeze, i need to test it a bit further, but u might have solved my issue ... let's see

+
# 5CirezD Jul 19 2021, 23:31 PM
Nope, didnt fix it, still the same issue ... i'm really out of ideas.

+
# 6Goldjunge Jul 20 2021, 16:21 PM
QUOTE(CirezD @ Jul 19 2021, 23:31 PM) *

Nope, didnt fix it, still the same issue ... i'm really out of ideas.

I have one Idea left.
Maybe your GPU has a Defect. If you have an Onboard Card try to use this.

+
# 7CirezD Jul 21 2021, 09:55 AM
QUOTE(Goldjunge @ Jul 20 2021, 17:21 PM) *

I have one Idea left.
Maybe your GPU has a Defect. If you have an Onboard Card try to use this.

no i dont have one, i tried a benchmark test for the GPU, runs completely smooth. I think it might be the harddrive that has an issue, i just dont know what it is ... might just be the PC RIP

+
# 8CirezD Jul 21 2021, 11:21 AM
Yea this can be closed. One of my harddrives is fucked, i installed ZH on the other one and it runs smoothely. Thanks anyway Goldjunge

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)