Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Generals and ZH problem

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1KnifeBoss Aug 19 2017, 20:58 PM
Hello.Some days ago i installed Generals including the ZH.So,none of them worked.I mostly focused on fixing Zh because i wanted to play that one more.Anyways,i tried the options solution and tried different texts or settings but still nothing.I even browsed this forum and used one of the texts and it didn't work,same for the normal generals.The errors which i got/keep getting are :game starts up,black screen and crashes.Directx 8.1 error and technical difficulties.I tried the run administrator also the compatability mode on all Os and still nothing.I even browsed youtube and google for a solution but still nothing.I got Windows 8.1 pro

+
# 2KnifeBoss Aug 19 2017, 22:19 PM
okay after alot of research,nothing worked and i lost hope,until i did this.
Installed zero hour and the normal generals and then patched and added the crack.Then i made the options ini using this
AntiAliasing = 1
CampaignDifficulty = 0
FirewallBehavior = 1
FirewallNeedToRefresh = FALSE
FirewallPortAllocationDelta = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
LanguageFilter = false
MusicVolume = 0
Resolution = 1366 768
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 79
SFXVolume = 71
ScrollFactor = 16
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = High
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
VoiceVolume = 70
also in the resolution,place your monitors resolution.After doing this i made it compatable for windows xp service pack 3 and made it to run for administrator.Or just simply right click the game and run as administrator.Then delete the dbghelp dll located where the game is installed.Hopefully this helps

+
# 3ToxicShock Aug 30 2017, 07:50 AM
Thank you for that. I linked this through to Zero Hour tech support, where it will also be useful for people.

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)