Explore GameReplays...

Universe at War

Dealing with Orlok

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21daemonsabre Dec 29 2007, 08:21 AM
orloks only a real threat in siege mode, viktors snipe and a few blade troopers should do the trick, if hes in endure mode then id just ignore him but keep a few inverters handy to hit him at range should he switch, oh and keep moving the minute those siege cannons go up those things are just damn scary

+
# 22Tsakara Dec 30 2007, 00:26 AM
snipe him with Mirabel and bring in antimatter tanks. if he's taking enough damage and the Hierarchy player has a brain he'll switch to endure mode.
then bring in the vertigo and bring Mirabel back in. He can't target heros with the tractor beam.

Game: Universe at War

+
# 23Comrade One Jan 9 2008, 06:22 AM
If you have flow 2 and nano 1,

Run in cloaked bladetroopers. Hopefully you can catch him when he's not in endure mode. Use the blackout bomb, and then kill him with regular units... he won't be able to switch to endure until the blackout effect ends.

And when he's in endure, use dervishes tongue.gif

Also, is it correct that amps make it so other units can't use abilities? If you could catch him in siege mode, would he not be able to switch?

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 24Struja Jan 9 2008, 16:07 PM
yes, amps disable usage of all clickable abilities with their default attack. the blade trooper thing is a very good way to deal with him smile.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 25SoLust Feb 10 2008, 17:38 PM
Well the way i do it is use Mirabel/Viktor and Blade Troopers, only takes about 6 - 10 at max and use duplicate, then surround and hack him to pieces. This has worked for me quite regular, however, i don't use this tactic unless im 100% health with Mirabel. Its also good to throw in an amplifier or two with that little mix as hes held down nice and tight.

This post has been edited by SoLust: Feb 10 2008, 17:38 PM

+
# 26OrlocksFleet Nov 26 2008, 20:58 PM
Well honestly im a heicharchy player, and (i know there are bound to be multiple typos in here, bear with me) i love orlok. Personaly, i never leave him undefended though. So although these strats are nice if u catch him alone, not in endure mode, and under 50% health (hah.) your gonna need something better.

Personaly ive found mirabel to be a huge pain in the ass. If u can micro as good as a half dead rat im sure u could attempt to dodge orloks siege cannons. Also, snipe is usefull, and so is the missile barage, but unfortunately for you that leaves mirabel immobile, giving orlok a good chance to fire away with those missiles. Also, if any player with orlok didnt have saucers healing him, theyd be so stupid. So very, very stupid. Take out the saucers, and orlok will be slightly easier. Always keep him away from your base, because a few missiles and your flow generators are gone. Indure mode, and he can fire some more. Also, massing dervish jets and cannons isnt too smart, for one it costs so much to produce, and secondly your plan has to work perfect to get orlok down. Id say with decent experience as an orlok player, just ignore him. He consumes too much of your money, too much of your units, and overal just too much time. Also keep in mind that even if you DO manage to catch him off guard with a massive army and he isnt in endure mode with no saucers and absolutely no reinforcements coming along, it says that the player with orlok isnt too bright and probably has a bad economy and an awefuly well thought out base plan, and im sure with all the units you spend taking down orlok you could take down multiple walkers and other units, causing more of a problem. Not to mention if you ignore orlok, hes quite slow and would take a while to catch up to your units anyhow.

+
# 27vOddy Mar 13 2010, 14:24 PM
Mirabel.

Blade Troopers.

Any unit you want.

Seriously, he's not that good.

Game: Universe at War

+
# 28CanYouFelix Apr 11 2010, 18:18 PM
QUOTE(vOddy @ Mar 13 2010, 15:24 PM) *

Mirabel.

Blade Troopers.

Any unit you want.

Seriously, he's not that good.

Got to agree with vOddy here, he's my least fave out of the 3 Hierarchy heroes. Against a decent opponent that sees him coming he'll never get close enough to your base without having to retreat in endure mode. Which means his attention isn't on unit production / walkers etc.

It seems a lot of people suddenly drop EVERYTHING when they get a hero unit out / drop EVERYTHING in order to kill that one enemy unit.

+
# 29Perfi Apr 11 2010, 18:28 PM
QUOTE(CanYouFelix @ Apr 11 2010, 20:18 PM) *

Got to agree with vOddy here, he's my least fave out of the 3 Hierarchy heroes. Against a decent opponent that sees him coming he'll never get close enough to your base without having to retreat in endure mode. Which means his attention isn't on unit production / walkers etc.

It seems a lot of people suddenly drop EVERYTHING when they get a hero unit out / drop EVERYTHING in order to kill that one enemy unit.

It's pretty easy to make units and retreat with Orlok at the same time. 2 simultaneous actions, you don't really need Korean multitasking for that. tongue.gif

Orlok is usually kept slightly behind other forces, near some resource pile, providing artillery support. The plasma cannon is rather weak offensively, and won't deal with huge amounts of attackers in time. It's the artillery (or crusher beam in Endure mode) that you should be afraid of, but the latter has negligible range, so it isn't much of a threat.

+
# 30CanYouFelix Apr 11 2010, 18:35 PM
QUOTE(Perfi @ Apr 11 2010, 19:28 PM) *

It's pretty easy to make units and retreat with Orlok at the same time. 2 simultaneous actions, you don't really need Korean multitasking for that. tongue.gif

Orlok is usually kept slightly behind other forces, near some resource pile, providing artillery support. The plasma cannon is rather weak offensively, and won't deal with huge amounts of attackers in time. It's the artillery (or crusher beam in Endure mode) that you should be afraid of, but the latter has negligible range, so it isn't much of a threat.

I meant more of the whole macro thing than just literally queing up units. Because I know that when he's gone he's gone, you can find yourself spending a bit too much time looking after him. Meaning that all of those carefully timed phase / bomb runs with your Lost Ones starting getting forgot about. (I'm not yet good enough at the game to micro EVERYTHING all at once - I'll get there tongue.gif)

The artillery can be dangerous though, and can become a HUGE problem if he's got the whole map view. I still think though that with sufficient pressure he'll be too busy getting forced into endure mode to actually do any real damage. (Unless of course he does have 'map hack' and he's stood in his own base next to a resource pile bombing the shit out of you.)

+
# 31Perfi Apr 11 2010, 18:44 PM
Just a case of timing, really. Double press F1, click on the resource pile to reload, you've got like 5 seconds to do whatever you want. Press F1, tell him to bombard. Once five shells fall on your target area, repeat the whole process. It can be slightly difficult, but you'll get there wink.gif

Also if he stands in his own base his shots will be as accurate as mine in Halo with an assault rifle (in other words, I suck at FPS), unless it's a REALLY small map. tongue.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)