Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

CnC3 Worldbuilder FAQ

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Marauder709 Jun 22 2007, 21:29 PM
CnC3 Worldbuilder FAQ

1. What id CnC3 Worldbuilder?
CnC3 Worldbuilder is a tool used by the EALA developers to make maps for CnC3.

2. Where can I get CnC3 Worldbuilder?
CnC3 Worldbuilder is available for download here

3. CnC3 Worldbuilder is not loading, it loads completely but it doesn't open. What should I do?
Wait, It takes a while on some computers for Worldbuilder to open. Just because the bar says it is finished,doesn't mean it is finished

4. I created a map and saved it but it isn't showing up in the in-game menu. What should I do?
You must include player start locations for the map to be available in the game. A guide on how to do this is coming shortly.

5. I want to upload/download maps. How do I go about doing this?
There is a guide on how to do that here

6. I want to make a campaign map. How do I do this?

You can make the map but the only way to include it is to wait for the Mod SDK.

7. I'm having technical difficulties with Worldbuilder. What should I do?
Worldbuilder is not supported by EA tech support as it is developer software. Your best bet is to re-install the program. If that doesn't work, re-nstall the game and then Worldbuilder. If that doesn't work, there is something wrong with your computer (or you have a mac tongue.gif )

If you have any question, ask them and I or others will try to answer them

This post has been edited by Marauder709: Jun 22 2007, 22:34 PM

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 2dawmail333 Dec 16 2007, 08:45 AM
What program allows you to edit the .raw heightmap files the WorldBuilder exports? I want to build a regularly designed map (height wise), and I think this would be the easiest way. Does anyone know?

EDIT: This isn't necessary to me any more.

This post has been edited by dawmail333: Dec 27 2007, 07:43 AM

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 3The Awakened May 9 2008, 13:59 PM
How do I disable Ion Cannon, Nuke and Rift special powers? I'm making a map and I want to make sure a certain structure when destroyed makes superweapons possible once again. (For KW it's under Player -> SpecialPowers or something) frusty.gif
And also how do I create weather effects (rain etc.)?

+
# 4vunyos May 13 2008, 20:46 PM
I put buildings down in worldbuilder and they don't show up when I actually play the map no matter what I do...what am I missing?

+
# 5Marauder709 Jun 1 2008, 05:18 AM
How do I disable Ion Cannon, Nuke and Rift special powers? I'm making a map and I want to make sure a certain structure when destroyed makes superweapons possible once again. (For KW it's under Player -> SpecialPowers or something) frusty.gif
And also how do I create weather effects (rain etc.)?

This is all done via scripting and is quite complicated. If you dont know anything about scripting check out the scripting Guide: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=261606

I put buildings down in worldbuilder and they don't show up when I actually play the map no matter what I do...what am I missing?

I'm not sure, you need to make the buildings beloge to someone first of all. I'd have to see screenz in order to know for sure.

+
# 6The Awakened Jun 25 2008, 10:32 AM
QUOTE(Marauder709 @ Jun 1 2008, 13:18 PM) *

This is all done via scripting and is quite complicated. If you dont know anything about scripting check out the scripting Guide: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=261606

I know how to script... I've been to the site... BUT... I don't know which special power to "grey out". There are things like, "SpecialPower_GDINuclarMissile", "SpecialPowerNuclearMissile","SpecialPowerIonCannonControl__1" etc. and I don't know which is which.

AND... I wanted weather effects most of all...

+
# 7m@tt Jun 25 2008, 18:16 PM
A good way to check would be to open up commandsets.xml and look at the spellbook list.

NB. this is a guess using my bfme-logic tongue.gif

Game: Worldbuilder

+
# 8Marauder709 Jun 30 2008, 04:41 AM
I know how to script... I've been to the site... BUT... I don't know which special power to "grey out". There are things like, "SpecialPower_GDINuclarMissile", "SpecialPowerNuclearMissile","SpecialPowerIonCannonControl__1" etc. and I don't know which is which.

The exact script will read
CODE
IF: True, THEN: Player power (choose power) is set to (Disable, Enable, Invisable)

You can achieve the effect through ether players or teams...I would recommend teams.

It is located in the script event library under Player>Special Power>Set special power availability

Weather cannot be achieved through scripts and instead must be coded in the Map ini. You will need an INI editor and the help of a modder which I am not

This post has been edited by Marauder709: Jun 30 2008, 04:43 AM

+
# 9Rex1493 Oct 30 2009, 06:46 AM
Hello, I know this is a really old post ->.<- but it's a sticky, so i figured i would be aloud to post a question...

I'm trying to create a beginning cinematic, but when ever i use the scripts to force the camera to move around, it follows the path i specify, but the camera angle is pointed directly down onto the "floor" I've tried adding other scripts to force the camera to look at way points while in movement and changing the pitch, roll, and such, but to no success... please help if you can smile.gif

And i signed up to this website finally after a few months of looking around and stuff just to ask this annoying question smile.gif So please don't flame me or stuff unless its for a good reason... sad.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 10R Schneider Jan 9 2010, 17:57 PM
QUOTE(Rex1493 @ Oct 30 2009, 06:46 AM) *
Hello, I know this is a really old post ->.<- but it's a sticky, so i figured i would be aloud to post a question...

I'm trying to create a beginning cinematic, but when ever i use the scripts to force the camera to move around, it follows the path i specify, but the camera angle is pointed directly down onto the "floor" I've tried adding other scripts to force the camera to look at way points while in movement and changing the pitch, roll, and such, but to no success... please help if you can :)

And i signed up to this website finally after a few months of looking around and stuff just to ask this annoying question :) So please don't flame me or stuff unless its for a good reason... :(

The custom map Shaka Zulu is full of cinematics, you could download that, open it in WorldBuilder and see how the sequences are scripted.

+
# 11Jackofspades0 Apr 23 2010, 18:50 PM
Hey everyone, this is actually a CnC4 map problem but I hope you guys can help me. When I try to play online the countdown begins as normal, but when it reaches 0 a message like this pops up:
"You have been kicked from the room because the host has left the game." Why?

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 12BobbyFrankyJim Apr 24 2010, 02:27 AM
Did the host leave the game? That would be simple to fix...

Game: Tiberium Alliances

+
# 13Jackofspades0 Apr 24 2010, 07:39 AM
QUOTE(BobbyFrankyJim @ Apr 24 2010, 04:27 AM) *

Did the host leave the game? That would be simple to fix...

No, I am the host...

+
# 14BobbyFrankyJim Apr 24 2010, 09:18 AM
lol ok... Unfortunatly I do not have much experiance with Cnc 4 wb but in KW there are several reason for this, have you tried the map in individual skirmish mode? If so did it crash?

+
# 15Jackofspades0 Apr 24 2010, 10:51 AM
QUOTE(BobbyFrankyJim @ Apr 24 2010, 11:18 AM) *

lol ok... Unfortunatly I do not have much experiance with Cnc 4 wb but in KW there are several reason for this, have you tried the map in individual skirmish mode? If so did it crash?

Everything's fine in skirmish. Thought I should tell you that I once made a map in KW and when I tried to play online it told me something like: The map is not registered on GameSpy or something like that. Can't really remember.

+
# 16BobbyFrankyJim Apr 25 2010, 02:09 AM
how many times have you tried to host it online?

+
# 17Jackofspades0 Apr 25 2010, 11:11 AM
About 3-4 times... Other custom maps I didn't make myself works fine.

+
# 18Jackofspades0 May 2 2010, 17:02 PM
No help? sad.gif

+
# 19BobbyFrankyJim May 3 2010, 05:30 AM
I think there is something wrong with your map, mabye make sure you have done everything players, start posistions, spawn zones etc

+
# 20Jackofspades0 May 3 2010, 08:48 AM
QUOTE(BobbyFrankyJim @ May 3 2010, 07:30 AM) *

I think there is something wrong with your map, mabye make sure you have done everything players, start posistions, spawn zones etc

OK I'll have a look.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)