Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

Newcomer Topic!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Snakeb1te Apr 28 2009, 10:47 AM
My name is Marco, (however newcomers needn't give their real names if they dont want to) I live in London but speak Spanish and Italian as well as English.

My gaming timetable is pretty irregular, as sometimes I can play everyday for a week and sometimes going a long time without putting in my Soulstorm CD. Also sometimes I can play one game when on other days I can notch up 5 - 6 hours of DOW (usually on weekends).

I am very regularly on msn however, so if you want to arrange a game contact me there.

I have Hamachi client and Teamspeak

This post has been edited by Kibatsu: Sep 17 2009, 10:59 AM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 2Kibatsu Apr 28 2009, 10:55 AM
Commander Kibbles here.

I speak English as well as Kraut language, since I'm from Germany. laugh.gif
If you want my IM details, just PM for msn, ICQ, aim, Skype or xfire contact details. thumb.gif
I mostly play from Monday till Thursday in the evenings (GMT +1).

Greetings, Kibatsu happy.gif

Clan: Deathwatch

Game: Dawn of War 3

+
# 3DARKMASTER Apr 28 2009, 17:09 PM
Welcome too GR biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Clan: iWuB

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 4Kibatsu Apr 28 2009, 17:54 PM
Most of us are not really "new" to GR.org, but thanks for the greetings! thumb.gif

+
# 5Nanox_WTF May 15 2009, 15:51 PM
Hello, my name is Chris.
And I play dow O.o! I live in germany so i speak german Oo xD, english (OK) and franz. (a little).
I will play most time on the week-end. I hope we will have nice games. hf gl chris

This post has been edited by Nalis_ZzZ: Jun 3 2009, 13:21 PM

Game: Soulstorm

+
# 6-Azzy- May 15 2009, 20:15 PM
Hi! My name is Richard!

I live in the UK, usually playing DoW SS Weekdays smile.gif I only speak english, as i know very little spanish and german... very little.

Looking forward to playing games in the Deathwatch! thumb.gif

Edit: Moved the msn contact details to the private clan forum due to privacy issues. thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Kibatsu: May 16 2009, 10:00 AM

Game: None

+
# 7Kibatsu May 16 2009, 11:53 AM
Hello and officially welcome to the Deathwatch! banana.gif
Be sure to add the other Deathwatch members to your msn / ICQ messenger! thumb.gif

Greetings, Kibatsu happy.gif

+
# 8Renn0x Jun 2 2009, 21:59 PM
Hello,
my name is Haydar im 18 years old and i play DoW since 2007.

Thx 4 inviting me in the super space marine clan.

i hope we will have many fun with each other and lets rockn roll^^ banana.gif
drol.gif VeryFunny.gif

+
# 9Kibatsu Jun 2 2009, 22:12 PM
Welcome to the Deathwatch Renn0x, may the Emperor protect and guide you. laugh.gif

+
# 10Snakeb1te Jun 7 2009, 19:38 PM
Btw no-one needs to post contact info here anymore as we have the private forum for that.

+
# 11INFERNO33 Jun 9 2009, 22:36 PM
Hey guys! I just joined the Deathwatch! I am so glad to be in an all SM clan! All my buddies are complaining that SM is IMBA, but probably just because I am very good, lol. My name is Dave, Im from Ottawa, Canada, and Im 17. I enjoy almost all video games, and own a PS3 and PC. I regularly play rockband (expert drummer, lol) COD4, and DOW.

Can't wait to see you guys online!

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 12Kibatsu Jun 10 2009, 06:21 AM
Hi Dave,

and welcome to the Deathwatch! thumb.gif

Feel free to post your ICQ / msn / xfire name / number / address in the private clan forum, so we can see each other, when we are online ... smile.gif

Can't wait to play with you, although this might only happen on the weekends, due to the huge time difference, since the rest of us here are from Europe (GMT +0 and GMT+1 time zones).

Alternatively, you could also recruit members from your timezone, like close friends, who are also playing DoW. laugh.gif

+
# 13Snakeb1te Jun 10 2009, 07:05 AM
All my buddies are complaining that SM is IMBA

Really?
I thought the most imba races I've heard are Eldar (infinity webgates and immense aspect warriors once upgraded) Tau (fire warrior spamathon) Ork (dont know why but heard it is) and Chaos (dont know why but heard it is) eyebrow.gif

+
# 14Kibatsu Jun 10 2009, 07:34 AM
Eldar are the most IMBA race, due to their strong early tier, esp. Rangers and Dark Reaper mass (a pain in the arse for SM post-13661-1143531603.gif ). Tau 2nd place for Fire Warrior spammage, yep.

Orks are quite balanced, the only thing about them I can't stand are Flash Gitz with attached Mad Doks; makes them almost unkillable at all. 0wn3d.gif

Chaos? IMBA? Nah ... You rarely saw Chaos in the big DoW:SS tournament among the expert players; the only nasty thing they have are Talons I guess, which do insane damage versus buildings, if you are not prepared for them. Othwise Chaos is very well balanced. smile.gif

+
# 15-Azzy- Jun 10 2009, 17:13 PM
QUOTE(Kibatsu @ Jun 10 2009, 08:34 AM) *

Eldar are the most IMBA race, due to their strong early tier, esp. Rangers and Dark Reaper mass (a pain in the arse for SM post-13661-1143531603.gif ). Tau 2nd place for Fire Warrior spammage, yep.

Orks are quite balanced, the only thing about them I can't stand are Flash Gitz with attached Mad Doks; makes them almost unkillable at all. 0wn3d.gif

Chaos? IMBA? Nah ... You rarely saw Chaos in the big DoW:SS tournament among the expert players; the only nasty thing they have are Talons I guess, which do insane damage versus buildings, if you are not prepared for them. Othwise Chaos is very well balanced. smile.gif

A few players i've heard that say chaos are imba because of a few things that crop up in 1v1 games

1. Early raptors, a pain for pretty much every race except orks, mostly for their fast speed, decent health, and make excellent early decappers and harrasses due to the fact that they are available as soon as you finish the barracks.

2. Talons, Same as kibbles described, monster damage against power generators and builders, listening posts etc. and very good health

3. Possessed, a very rare thing for 1v1 players to tech but it sometimes happens, otherwise their speed, close combat damage is very hard to counter effectively since players would usually have obliterators or mass khorne berzerkers with before-mentioned Hell Talons

4. Daemons, another rare thing in 1v1's, but having a Bloodthirster or daemon prince pop out of a rhino and start bashing your base with summoned daemons and obliterators in support is annoying to say the least.

5. Khorne berzerker mass own T2

6. Mass infiltrated CSM with heavy bolters or plasma depending what race you are

other than that they are fairly well balanced...

Space Marines? IMBA? nah, but i'll post up what pisses people off and shout "IMBA!!!!" in 1v1 and other games.

1. Assault Marine harass, decapping etc. you'd probably know about this.

2. Scout snipers, infiltrated plasma build, difficult to counter, except for the guard players and good chaos players

3. Mass deepstrikes...... into base, ignoring base defenses such as turrets etc. thats why i love land speeder tempests smilie_naughty.gif

4. Thunder Hammer Terminators, seeing one 6 man squad of assault terminators smashing your precious lonely avatar/bloodthister/Knarloc/baneblade...(the list goes on) without your relic unit attacking back due to the massive (imba tongue.gif) stun effect... is annoying.

and before the post gets a bit too big i'll add this

Orks are usually called IMBA because of these

1. waaagh! banners, cheap and required to tech but stop infiltrators effectively

2. Commander Units, all detect infiltrators! no other race has this ability, and makes the ork commanders v. unique, and when they are attached to flash gitz, (warboss) it provides them with damage bonus and when attached with the big mek, it protects them from ranged damage means you'll have to find another way to counter them (usually i'd go scout snipers or just using eldar fire prisms to knock them about untill your warp spiders get their works v. well).

3. Fighta-Bomma's!, probably one of the most effective aircraft, massive knockdown effect + plus decent damage means that flash gitz, slugga's and tank busters and clean up whats left.

4. Nob spam/power klaw rape

Now if I did miss anything i'll add it on later.

Also nice to see that another deathwatch member has a PS3 tongue.gif

+
# 16lolcake Jun 24 2009, 04:44 AM
Hi everybody!
lolcake reporting, 18, uk, speak english (can understand simple french/german/chinese/russian, but not to a useful degree)
I never really use my real name on t'internet, I like being known as lolcake XD
may we rack up many wins in the weeks to come smile.gif
(Im currently having problems with my computer crashing on an alarmingly regular basis while playin DoW, so wont be joining teamgames straight away, but asap!)

+
# 17lolcake Jun 24 2009, 04:49 AM
Also in reply to hotpotato (or richard)... none of those things are IMBA, they are just the strengths of the races post-13661-1143531603.gif chaos without posses'd is like...
well
they would suxxx

+
# 18-Azzy- Jun 24 2009, 20:49 PM
QUOTE(lolcake @ Jun 24 2009, 05:49 AM) *

Also in reply to hotpotato (or richard)... none of those things are IMBA, they are just the strengths of the races post-13661-1143531603.gif chaos without posses'd is like...
well
they would suxxx

yeah true, just like un-infiltrated CSM would suck because they pale in comparison to the emperors finest!!!! buff0mc.gif buff0mc.gif buff0mc.gif

I wasn't saying remove them, just slow them down a little or require a research to make them super-fast like they are now.

+
# 19inferno7071 Jul 1 2009, 06:59 AM
Hi to all!

Glad to be a part of the clan i don't use my name on the internet so you can just go with inferno7071 i'm 19 I am from USA PA is the state that I am from, so I speak English of course, however I do know just a little French not enough to use though. I'm usually online everyday of the week anywhere from 11am on differs from day to day

Looking forward to meeting and playing with you all online!

+
# 20Kibatsu Jul 1 2009, 11:43 AM
Now we have two players from the North American continent ... gogo Deathwatch worldwide expansion / crusade. laugh.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)