Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

First of all - USA basics.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1StrayHeart Nov 21 2010, 09:41 AM
Hey guys and hi squaak!

First of all I should introduce myself. It's nothing much - seriously biggrin.gif The whole thing is I am new to the GR.org community and before I am going to own all of you online, I need to get my disc and register an account.

And aa..

I know USA is the best and the hardest army to learn. I like challanges smile.gif
I'd like to play the strongest army even if it needs years of practice - trust me wink.gif

I need the first basic tips, help me guys!

I need to know:

1) What to do and what not to do while playing USA (I mean where shall I put most of my attention - for example: protecting chinooks, not losing hammers ect.)
2) I need some basic replays of each strategy against each army. I'm sorry I'm a bit lazy so far and I don't have so much time at the moment sad.gif. I can't play online yet so I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL if you guys post up replays of basic strats
3) There are many manu points - I am not going to describe 'em all in one post.

Let's discuss..

This post has been edited by Granat: Nov 21 2010, 09:44 AM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Joeyson Nov 21 2010, 09:57 AM
You should probably get online and play a few games and learn the units, buildings, and hotkeys before you start learning any strategies. You know, get the feel of it first. Just my opinion.

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3StrayHeart Nov 21 2010, 11:31 AM
QUOTE(Joeyson @ Nov 21 2010, 10:57 AM) *

You should probably get online and play a few games and learn the units, buildings, and hotkeys before you start learning any strategies. You know, get the feel of it first. Just my opinion.

yaya! There's much truth in your opinion.

I will but first I have to get my disk before I go online. Don't worry I'll do as you recommend me, hehe.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 4lionengine Nov 21 2010, 15:23 PM
its hard to say which army is strongest. It surely depends on map ...
Usa can get very strong but lots of maps disadvantages USA (like DF, Winter W or Wasteland W)
On Tournament Desert its pretty even.
Though you can make lots of progress with usa ... USA is expensive and cant be classified as strongest army.

+
# 5´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Nov 21 2010, 19:55 PM
all in all usa is the hardest, but due to sheer imbalance lategame it probably is the strongest army, at least in theory. usa has a hard time to counter china, but when china can't progress to anything new, usa mostly can

Clan: Death and Destiny

Game: None

+
# 6Airboss Mar 17 2011, 23:38 PM
USA can become the best army in cnc generals if used the right way. USA can reach full potential if you have a lot ofsupply income. The rest is up to you. I use USA airforce for my battle. I don't use USA tanks for my battle, I only use them if necessary. All in all USA is a great force if you have a lot of supply income to cover the expensive forces.

+
# 7ScOtSmAn Mar 18 2011, 07:59 AM
kinda depends, most of the time just using air won't work tongue.gif unless vs viking on desert fury ofc

Clan: iWuB

+
# 8Airboss Mar 18 2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, like I said, USA can become the strongest faction if you have a lot of supply income, if not....well, you'll probably lose to GLA or China tank rush. Why? The USA army is too expensive.

+
# 9ScOtSmAn Mar 18 2011, 12:11 PM
in theory your correct about being too expensive but a tank rush is really easy to stop tongue.gif

+
# 10Airboss Mar 18 2011, 13:41 PM
If your ready for a tank rush, which I'm usually not ready at the start of the game, it takes time to build patriot missile nor missile defenders, except if I already have an airfield than I can elliminate the tank rush. Btw, have you found the ideal USA strategy for you Mr. Granat? That's the reason you made this thread right?

+
# 11ScOtSmAn Mar 18 2011, 13:45 PM
Well GLA tanks, scorps get owned by Paladin Tanks smile.gif
China has battlemasters and ovies which are better but USA can deal with them easily, missile defenders are most effective and you can build them much faster than they can make tanks tongue.gif

+
# 12Airboss Mar 18 2011, 14:03 PM
Oh ya, forgot about the paladin, but your right. We have to fight fire with fire, tanks with tanks, because even if I have a lot of patriot missile if there's no electric their useless. But like my name, my strategy is mainly airforce, hit the tanks before they can reach my base.

This post has been edited by Airboss: Mar 18 2011, 14:06 PM

+
# 13ScOtSmAn Mar 18 2011, 14:07 PM
yep and also patriots don't do enough damage fast enough vs tanks, they are best vs lighter tanks like gats on the flanks or even dropping it into your enemys base early on as a quick attack:)

+
# 14BigDDesireN Mar 18 2011, 17:18 PM
airboss what happens if they rush gatlants and own all your air then u have nothing

Clan: Digital Militia

+
# 15ScOtSmAn Mar 18 2011, 17:23 PM
interesting point !

+
# 16Airboss Mar 18 2011, 22:37 PM
I've never been in a situation like that, but gat tanks rush are easy to stop with tanks, so I'll just build tanks, if not, raptors will do. Like I said I build tanks if necessary, my airforce is used for destroying enemy base if it's far away. So, you're right airforce has a weakness, but all strategy has it's weakness, it depends on how you use your force.

+
# 17BigDDesireN Mar 18 2011, 23:00 PM
You said it yourself USA is expensive how do you afford a airfield and war factory?

+
# 18Airboss Mar 18 2011, 23:04 PM
Oil derrick

+
# 19BigDDesireN Mar 18 2011, 23:47 PM
1000$ for capture upgrade, and how do you stop gat from killing your redguard? You cant do everything, Air as USA vs China is a bad idea always.

+
# 20ScOtSmAn Mar 18 2011, 23:47 PM
unless your playing no rush! or 2v2!

biggrin.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)