Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Intel Graphics driver solutions?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1EnchantedMango Mar 24 2019, 14:33 PM
Hello all,

I have been having problems running BFME 2 on my laptop, (i.e. crashing upon startup), which I am sure beyond reasonable doubt is due to the integrated graphics drivers. To the best of my knowledge, this cannot be downgraded/replaced, and is the only driver on the machine.

I am sure it is causing the problem, as disabling the driver altogether removes the launcher issue, but the game runs at an unforgivably laggy pace even on the most modest of graphics settings. The next best solution I've found is that removing the shaders.big file from the BFME 2 folder, which again, ensures the startup works. However, the game will crash upon actually loading a battle.

I'm essentially wondering if an alternative workaround has been discovered, that doesn't involve a PC upgrade, as that is out of my budget currently, and not really reasonable for the sake of a single game for me. As an example of what I mean, I have found this posted on moddb.com (https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-bfme-2-crash-fix/downloads/cf-setup-1), which was designed to solve the problem I'm having, but the serial key for the program seems to have expired, and the creator isn't responding to my messages.

If anyone has made the above solution (or a similar one) work, I would much appreciate hearing about it. For the record, BFME 1 runs like a charm, but is quite an inferior game in my opinion.

+
# 2Johann Tilly Aug 13 2019, 10:02 AM
The bfme games do not support some graphic chips from laptops or their drivers.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)