Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander

Forged alliance

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1D-man1983 May 7 2010, 12:47 PM

Hello everybody,

I found this forum reading strategy guides for Supreme commander and I found them pretty useful. I have been playing the game for a while now and have come across some of the tactics as mentioned, and many more. I always found ways to counter or stop them, until now!

The friend Iím playing against favors the Aeon, and their Saucers. I usually take the cybrans. His latest tactic has me stumped. He takes 3 to 5 of these SZAR and surrounds them with 50 to a 100 air superiority fighters. The fighters sole purpose is cannon fodder, so that I cannot bring down the saucers before they reach my base. No problem there you may think, because if you have a good defense with proper AA and shielding the SZARís weapons canít do mayor damage before the saucers go down, and your right, they go down within seconds. The problem lies in the going down, he spreads the SZARís evenly above my base(s), and when they go down, the things pass through the shielding as if it isnít there. And when they touchdown the explosion obliterates all, even sub-commanders and experimentals. At this point my economy and unit production is way down, if the units I moved out of the blast radius donít kill him with the counterstrike I simply lose. I already tried flying my t4 gunships out to meet them, with support, but they suck against the saucers. The SZAR pushes my gunships down negating there AA.

What to do?

Kind regards,
D-man

+
# 2Yleron Jun 4 2010, 14:40 PM
I know that this is an old topic, but the best way to deal with this is to not let him get the resources for such things. Ensure you have air superiority the whole game if you can, draw his fighters out by attacking things with gunships or bombers... Attack him earlier on the ground as it sounds like you're letting him build up forces without opposition. If you can watch a few replays of 1v1s here (Some of Sir_Loui's are good I find), you might want to try and speed up your early game. Generally it sounds like if you're letting him get that sort of force up, you're probably doing something wrong earlier. Either that or you should be able to have another equal force ready to stomp his base at the same time, making you equal.

Economy is important of course, so if you find you can't finance such a force, make sure you're upgrading everything correctly etc.

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 3D-man1983 Jun 7 2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the reply, I know what you mean. But thats our weak point, these days we let each other build up a bit for greater battles. I was hoping for a way to avoid the falling damage, beat him to the punch is the only way I guess. Thanks

Mzzls D-man

+
# 4chosan Jun 19 2010, 18:23 PM
QUOTE(D-man1983 @ Jun 7 2010, 13:25 PM) *

Thanks for the reply, I know what you mean. But thats our weak point, these days we let each other build up a bit for greater battles. I was hoping for a way to avoid the falling damage, beat him to the punch is the only way I guess. Thanks

Mzzls D-man

Maybe if you try building AA around your base , so that if they crash they crash so far out it doesn't hurt anything, try having more airplanes, I think ASF's are best against szars. and try binding ur AA into grups and then focus the fire on the szars

This post has been edited by chosan: Jun 19 2010, 18:24 PM

Game: Kings and Castles

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)