Explore GameReplays...

World in Conflict

Petition to keep the WiC franchise

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1socomseal45 Jul 30 2008, 18:41 PM
The people of Massgate.net would like you to sign a petition to keep the WiC franchise (e.g. Soviet Assault) and Massive Entertainment going. As some you may have heard, the recent merger between Activision and Vivedi has left the future of World in Conflict and Massive Entertainment cloudy. By signing the petition, you give hope to the future of WiC and Massive Entertainment.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2HaTTsaN Jul 30 2008, 18:45 PM
hey guys. we really need this...

I belive this is our only chance so far. sad.gif

sign the pettition.

WiC is innovative game, like never before (maybe GC) and Activision wants to kill it...

Don't let them do it... sad.gif

Game: World in Conflict

+
# 3Hobbes2 Aug 6 2008, 09:21 AM
QUOTE(HaTTsaN @ Jul 30 2008, 18:45 PM) *

hey guys. we really need this...

I belive this is our only chance so far. sad.gif

sign the pettition.

WiC is innovative game, like never before (maybe GC) and Activision wants to kill it...

Don't let them do it... sad.gif

Listnen to him. he's 100% right.

+
# 4Lynx AH-7 Aug 9 2008, 23:04 PM
It's a shame at WiC has died a death, it really was an awesome game in every way, if it had a better replay system it *might* have been a bit more popular around here sad.gif

Hopefully Massive will find another publisher so they can still possibly release Soviet Assault although I fear the worst. Seems like almost every other game I play dies a death (I'm looking at you Act of War and Empire at War!).

I think I'll stick with going back to CoH for now, even with all the hype (again) over RA3, I don't think I could stand playing another EA CnC let down.

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 5Jack The Ripper Sep 1 2008, 09:33 AM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Fuck WIC was the last RTS that interested me really

R.I.P

World in Conflict was a great game and i think it might've lasted longer if people didnt make comments without playing the game

+
# 6darkstar Sep 4 2008, 18:41 PM
I was surprised to see this.. I thought this game would have a much longer lifetime ! It has tons of potential sad.gif

+
# 7Henners91 Sep 5 2008, 15:23 PM
What's happened to Massive? I heard they were sold off?

+
# 8Lynx AH-7 Sep 6 2008, 23:46 PM
QUOTE(Henners91 @ Sep 5 2008, 16:23 PM) *

What's happened to Massive? I heard they were sold off?

Yes, they've been put up for sale by Activision-Blizzard and Soviet Assault is up in the air, here's hoping it still gets published!

This post has been edited by Lynx AH-7: Sep 6 2008, 23:54 PM

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 9sjceran Sep 7 2008, 14:58 PM
wow that's a shame. I haven't playd online but the campaign was fun sad.gif

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 10Bacara9 Sep 11 2008, 01:15 AM
What the hell!? This game is amazing! Please! This game was just so well made.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 11General_Trymutos Sep 17 2008, 03:07 AM
As far as I can see the game is still alive. there are alot of servers around and some are constantly full.

By the way the game is amazing I don't understand what happened, it seems that before it was released everyonw was excited about it then afterwards no one played it. Such a shame. dry.gif

+
# 12ironmike Oct 13 2008, 01:58 AM

i'm sorry, man....

but i just hated world in conflict. the visual controls inside that massive arena gave me a headache.

it must die.

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 13Yazor Oct 13 2008, 18:09 PM
i think its an awesome game yea i played it network fun

+
# 14jdun Oct 14 2008, 20:57 PM
QUOTE(Lynx AH-7 @ Aug 9 2008, 23:04 PM) *

It's a shame at WiC has died a death, it really was an awesome game in every way, if it had a better replay system it *might* have been a bit more popular around here sad.gif

Hopefully Massive will find another publisher so they can still possibly release Soviet Assault although I fear the worst. Seems like almost every other game I play dies a death (I'm looking at you Act of War and Empire at War!).

I think I'll stick with going back to CoH for now, even with all the hype (again) over RA3, I don't think I could stand playing another EA CnC let down.

The problem with WiC and many RTS games in general is that the developers cave to people that don't know how to play the game. The nerfs and lack of new maps really hurt the game in the first few months. If they had fix the bugs and provided new maps every month they would have been in better shape.

Great game but it was unfortunate they had to nerf it. I think all developers should use the same policy as infinity ward. No nerf and no change in game play whatsoever. Provide new maps and bug fix. This kind of policy has a stabilizing effect on the community.

+
# 15BloodDrops2094 Oct 24 2008, 22:51 PM
SA still hasnt been canceled has it i havent seen a single person say SA has been killed off for good have you?

Just keep your eyes on WiC it might be looking dead but i doubt its gona die any time soon wink.gif

Besideds theres still alot of clan matches happening most nights and the puplic servers are going strong and theres maps been released quite often now (big thanks to the people who make them)

Clan: Teh Staff

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)