Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Problem against Scrin based factions

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Handsome_Jack May 31 2016, 21:02 PM
Hello everyone! Since I dunno where else I can post this, and since it can be assumed as mentoring, I'll do my best to describe it here.

Here we go. Dev/Corr combo. Impossible to beat cost-effective, since it will just reverse move and continue firing doing sick amounts of damage, toasting your units. How to beat this kind of thing as GDI and Nod based factions? Going orcas almost always risky, since opponent surely have several gun-shard walkers around. Titans behind War Factory very frequently getting in Stasis, while devs wreaking havoc before they awake to get toasted, aswell. Really annoying combo, because even if you manage to damage it heavily --- corrupters healing it right back up. If anyone can give a solid method of dispatching it cost-effectively --- it'd be very good ^^

Also, how to counter effectively T59 OP disint rush as Nod and GDI based factions --- Scrin factions have buzzer hives that are good at killing those pesky things, rendering them not that effective at sniping down your first harvester, and, probably, even taking you out if in good numbers. Some people might invest in 9-10 disint squads @_@ I just have a WF up and running, and anti-infantry things, like Raiders and APC's seems to be not that effective against them --- they just rush in and murder it. Raider can drive away atleast, APC or Wolverine has no chance at all while being significantly more expensive. Is there any tip how to repel these things without overspend? Or, for example, if you scouted it already --- what exactly should you build to prevent finding yourself in situation when you have 0 money?

If someone answers I'd be very happy ^^

Thanks for paying attention.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2phantom9399 Jun 1 2016, 09:59 AM
Dev-corr can be a pain to be in general. The important thing is to protect your harvesters. If you are being rushed and you have not placed your 2nd refinery then cancel it as you will need the money to counter the rush.

Scouting: If you see extra scouts coming out from your opponent it means you are most likely going to be rushed. Send a pitball/buggy straight to his base to try and work out what sort of rush you are coming up against. If you have not placed your 2nd ref then cancel it and start producing counter units.

Steel-Talons: Titans behind powerplants/silos. You have to hold your ground and try to repel the attack with the titans. Try sneak 1-2 around so you can try and crush the corruptors. Build 3-5 rocket squads and make sure the corruptors dont kill them. If they come forward focus fire them. When you notice the waves of dev/cor slowing down send your mcv to your expansion, rebuild any harvesters you have lost and send your army on a counter attack. Do not let your army be destroying completely though.

GDI, Zocom: Pretty much the same as talons but you use Predators and you can't building block your tanks. Build more rocket squads and focus the corruptors when they come close.

Nod, BH: Nod and BH have the most problems dealing with dev core. You need to spam scorpions and a handful of rocket squads. Keep your forces split and try and pick of the corruptors first like always.

Mok: Spam scorpions, draft awakened and just spam the emp away. If you don't loose any harvs go up to t2 and get dozer blades for a counter attack.

Counter Stasis Shield: The best way to counter the stasis shield is to keep your forces split up. You must also try and scout the stasis chamber before the enemy army reaches your base otherwise you will find yourself without an army and loosing your refs to the devs.

Orcas: Orcas are one of the best counters to dev/core if you have the eco. Just focus the dev tanks down as your predators deal with the corruptors. If they send shard walkers then just send in your tanks (which you should have a large amount by now) and send your orca's to destroy harvesters or even the t2.

Desint counter Nod/bh/mok: The 3 nod factions have the best counters to desint rushes. As Nod and BH you can just sell an operation center to get a cheap black hand squad (you could do it with Mok to if you have to). Their shredder turrets kill desints easily enough by them selves as well. If you catch them early just send 2-3 buggies around the map to kill them off.

GDI, Talons, Zocom: GDI and Zocom have the apc which can set down minefields to blow up most of the desints. The watch towers are not that useful so it is better to go for an apc if you have the eco. If worse comes to worse just crush a few of them with your zocom/talons harvesters as they have increased armor. GDI harvesters you just move them away and their machine gun kills the desints. Wolverines are good vs desints but they cant walk and shoot so it puts them at a disadvantage.

+
# 3Zypherbullet Jun 1 2016, 11:39 AM
Is it better to quickly sell towers instead of having them fire? It is my understanding that the targeter on the tower has a delay, while riflemen squads have 5 (6?) individual guns, which effectively make their weapons react 5 (6?) times faster.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 4phantom9399 Jun 1 2016, 12:19 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Jun 1 2016, 19:39 PM) *

Is it better to quickly sell towers instead of having them fire? It is my understanding that the targeter on the tower has a delay, while riflemen squads have 5 (6?) individual guns, which effectively make their weapons react 5 (6?) times faster.

True. I forgot about the tower delay while righting that.

+
# 5Handsome_Jack Jun 1 2016, 13:25 PM
Thanks a bunch for that knowledge --- it will be put to a good use smile.gif

+
# 6Thanatos Jun 8 2016, 23:51 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT cancel your 2nd ref unless you ABSOLUTELY have to, you'll only put yourself very far behind. Stopping dev core really depends on how far in advance you scout it, if you scout it really early as nod facs you have a few options;
- Manspam as BH (can work with MoK if you micro your emp + careful for buzzer swarm power)
- Make bikes: if you managed to antiscout the edges of the map, you can make 3 bikes and counter harras his harvs and hope he turns around his dev-corr
- Tankspam as Nod or GDI if you scout it early enough you can just spam tanks on 2 ref 3 harv eco and overwhelm the dev-corr (easier than you think as usually people do 2 devs)
- Another thing is to draw fire, drop a tier 1 defense on the frontline so the dev tank wastes its charge (dev tanks are sh*t without charge + takes time to charge them and leaves them vulnerable)
- As scrin it can be a bit harder to stop, but you can go for photon cannons or dev tanks yourself or even cultists as t59.

+
# 7Thanatos Jun 9 2016, 00:00 AM
A few more things, vs desints if you make tier 1 defences it is best to let the tower do damage and then sell it when it is on low health... So you get the damage from the tower then an infantry squad tongue.gif
In general vs desint rush it depends how early you scout it, if you scout it early enough you can get down a couple towers or make a gunwalker/apc/buggy (my recommendation is that you put them on aggressive stance so they shoot properly while moving + attack move with gunwalker)
If you dont scout it early enough and you get jumped, then you can sell a powerplant or two etc.
(Also vs decent players I dont think youll ever see 8-9 desint rush maybe only 5-6 or 7)

+
# 8Thanatos Jun 9 2016, 00:06 AM
Also forgot to add, dont overspend or atleast try not to. The whole idea of these inexpensive rushes is to force you to overspend, thus putting you behind etc.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)