Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

3v3 TF GLA Guide

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21sss Oct 16 2006, 14:35 PM
I allways take tech upgrade, it makes tech more cool looking and it seems to drive faster to enemy base to tunnel there.
In rush games i make 3 supllys at start, just have tech ready to defend from rush.
Also i build tunnel next to arms dealer at same time then at oil. Tunnel at base is needed asap, to send reinforcements to oil if needed.

You should add what units build vs which army, like dont make buggys if there is 1 china oponent, if not spam them upgraded with quads, or never make scorpions vs usa...

GREAt guide btw!

Clan: Shield

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 22Oxyde Oct 23 2006, 17:20 PM
tech aint faster if u take the upgr, but im on the same opinnion, it makes the tech look much more cool!

Game: Graphics

+
# 23Trixx Oct 23 2006, 21:17 PM
QUOTE(-NuuB- @ Oct 23 2006, 07:20 PM) *

tech aint faster if u take the upgr, but im on the same opinnion, it makes the tech look much more cool!

WOW, so you need to be cool and not efficient post-13661-1143531603.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: League of Legends

+
# 24Oxyde Oct 24 2006, 11:20 AM
ok trixx, that enugh>! u were angry bout me caus i did some disconstructive posts!

and now it seems like u are hunting me on evry post i made and make some ghey commentrs on it! i REALLY gettin pissed of man! is it only caus im getting some more interrest on GR or say to u that i won CvC against u?

be gentle and let me do my own things!
i am playing ccg to have fun, and upgrading my techs makes em look much more cool! i NEVER go for any ownage strats, i only wanna have fun, maybe thats fthe diff. between us! let me do my things, and ill let u do urs!

+
# 25Trixx Oct 25 2006, 10:29 AM
LOL, I dont care about the disconstructive posts, I just told you my opinion about that. Furthermore this here is a strat section and a guide where people should learn the game and you want to tell me we dont talk about "ownage" strats? frusty.gif

I was never unfriendly, I just made critical comments on ONE point of your guide and you get pissed like a little child. Calm down and stop crying cry.gif

-E- Btw the difference between us is that you take some things too serious, not me whistling.gif

This post has been edited by Trixx: Oct 25 2006, 10:32 AM

+
# 26Oxyde Oct 25 2006, 14:50 PM
btw i AM a little child so i have the right to flipp out

+
# 27BiohazarD Oct 26 2006, 11:18 AM
in 3v3 with gla no matter wot position or wot match up in any situation with any stratergy u allways need tech upg.

why because do a test....techs ARE faster with upg. but more importantly they are ur main tactical unit...u can use them 2 help a m8 vs gat th in tech rpg vs usa or gla...and tech v tech wars tech vs hummer etc etc. The one unit that defines gla is the tech....ALLWAYS.

also i wud never use 2ad in 3v3 as it reduces speed and teamwork. I suggest u play middle strat with 2 tunnels at the entrance and one at the oil with one the 2v2 side of map. Then worker and 4 rpg goes in tech u make tunnel on solo side asap. This strat has 2 b varied wen vs usa opponents so u can save ur supplys from drop but is v strong vs china gla combos.

Clan: -|NwM|

+
# 28MissCutie Oct 27 2006, 12:24 PM
QUOTE(BiohazarD @ Oct 26 2006, 12:18 PM) *

in 3v3 with gla no matter wot position or wot match up in any situation with any stratergy u allways need tech upg.

why because do a test....techs ARE faster with upg. but more importantly they are ur main tactical unit...u can use them 2 help a m8 vs gat th in tech rpg vs usa or gla...and tech v tech wars tech vs hummer etc etc. The one unit that defines gla is the tech....ALLWAYS.

also i wud never use 2ad in 3v3 as it reduces speed and teamwork. I suggest u play middle strat with 2 tunnels at the entrance and one at the oil with one the 2v2 side of map. Then worker and 4 rpg goes in tech u make tunnel on solo side asap. This strat has 2 b varied wen vs usa opponents so u can save ur supplys from drop but is v strong vs china gla combos.

Agreed.

If only I had saved some of my recent GLA games to post different BO's. You do not necassarily need tunnels at your entrance etc...that just wastes money and 1 out of 10 times they will stop a major blow.

Always go for the adjacent middle player too, if they are USA especially as you can wreak havoc with tech/rpg/workers.

But hey everyone has their own styles!

+
# 29Killahghost Oct 30 2006, 13:10 PM
Bio , could you upload a replay where it shows usefull ? the only thing i see people doing is dropping terrorists and run over hordes of rocket men (although thats not realy usefull either if they shoot back)

Dropping men in someones base .. well i guess only usefull in rush game. Still though .. no strats (i know) where the upgrade would be usefull.

-Urn-

+
# 30Bo_OYeD-^ Oct 30 2006, 18:51 PM
Urnusan im new to gla so others can corect me if im wrong but
upgraded tecs are much more needed as
with an upgraded tec they level up again after just 2 infantry kills to level 2
they are faster
they are stronger
i dont no wat else
lol

+
# 31Killahghost Oct 30 2006, 21:24 PM
True , but i still dont think it weighs up vs the other upgrades... maybe 1 money upgrade less.. But i would never trade it vs the final ambush upgrade or toxin bomb.

(and still not sure to trade it for final money upgrade)

-Urn-

+
# 32Trixx Oct 30 2006, 21:32 PM
Its senseless in 3v3... Could just make sense if you play vs china and need to push back gatt/th. Safe it and you get other upgrades earlier sleep.gif

+
# 33BoWZeR Oct 31 2006, 13:24 PM
I think dual ad in middle is ownage

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 34Oxyde Nov 2 2006, 14:41 PM
yeh it is ownage, but hard to play for nubz

+
# 35Oxyde Nov 23 2006, 15:56 PM
well, i decided to make this guide not only for middlespot, ill poost some strats for solo and 2v2 side 2! it will just take me some days caus im pretty busy atm

+
# 36Mr.Lover Dec 2 2006, 11:16 AM
lol nuub nice guide but wheres the rest of it u promised?

+
# 37Lord Cylon Dec 15 2006, 04:12 AM
Just saw this post here … have some corrections:

1. I still play Generals, so it's not "used to do" it's: "This is what Lord Silon does!" ...

2. The replay and BO you posted of "Lord Silon's opening strategy" is all wrong. The basics are there, but the little touches and all gone.

3. I'll post a recent replay of me and my buddies. Not much competition there especially when they get their good armies...

Thank you for mentioning me. :-)
Hope you learn something new from it.

P.S.
You should post a real replay showing you using some of those strategies and winning, it would be a lot more educational.

This post has been edited by Lord Cylon: Dec 15 2006, 04:13 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File 2860_3v3_OT.rep
Size: 179.53k
Number of downloads: 105
Player Name Side Team
[OT]Oguz 1
(&*ALBORKAN*&){0} 2
[OT]Lord-Silon 1
~^CreW^~{0} 2
[MilkShield] 2
Milk 1

+
# 38Oxyde Dec 23 2006, 17:01 PM
well thx for replying on my topic silon banana.gif
i never played u be4 so i just had 3-4 reps of u using this tact!

and i didnt knew u still playing! and about the reps: its jsut so the ppl can c where to move the workers for example!

+
# 39Nubbe Jan 9 2007, 12:44 PM
Promoted units do not move faster than regular ones wacko.gif. I dunno what makes people think that.

The only thing the veteran promotion does is to give the unit a slightly stronger armor, but this is enough to allways use tech upgrade imo. I have hardly played a single game as gla for at least 2 years without using it. Techs are just so importaint early game as your only real anti inf unit, to take map control and for harrassment. They might be less importaint on TF becourse of the smal chokepoints (dunno as I don't really play TF), but I would still get the upgrade.

This post has been edited by Nubbe: Jan 9 2007, 12:45 PM

+
# 40Skynny Jan 9 2007, 19:31 PM
Plus they only need to kill 2 TH to reach Heroic status. =D

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)