Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Sniper vs Multiple-Garrison

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ritterkreuz21 Aug 5 2012, 21:48 PM
So, I had my sniper garrisoned with a rifle squad. Next thing I know, I got counter sniped !!!

1- How come the enemy sniper killed mine first ? Isn't the rifle squad supposed to shield my sniper ?
2- Is there a priority for the enemy sniper depending on unit type ? (MG vs Rifles/volks/Gren vs sniper vs Eng/Pio...)
3- Is the order in which the units garrisoned the building relevant ?
4- Is the side of the house important ?
5- Can you spot which window the enemy sniper is covering and snipe him from that angle (1 window on narrow side...?)

Or is it just random ?
(In which case, i had a bad luck and lost my sniper first ?!?!)

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Tretton Aug 6 2012, 17:03 PM
Doesn't snipers allways automatically target other snipers as prio 1?

+
# 3ritterkreuz21 Aug 6 2012, 18:21 PM
In the open yes, but in buildings it's tricky... I have seen some places where it says 75%, other places 1/6 and I'm pretty much sure on one topic it says MGs shield the sniper if they are both in a building...
That's why I'm asking many questions to have a definitive answer whether garrison order, unit type, window side matter...

+
# 4NickEcho Feb 10 2013, 17:30 PM
All weapons have different priorities against all armor types. Sniper priority against sniper armor is 95, while against other infantry units it is 85, so if an uncloaked enemy sniper and some other infantry are in range, the counter-snipe will have the highest priority.
I had weird expierences with snipers and garrisoned targets: when I order him to attack a garrisoned building, the sniper always tries to move closer until he is at the side of an occupied window, doesn't matter if he is in range or not. However, if I tell him to stop in the range of the building (side with windows or no windows doesn't matter) he will open fire.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)