Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Brabox | PwN|yAm^^, Ultimategladia, Hayko, Fingon

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 101O_Fingon_O Jan 29 2018, 15:11 PM
QUOTE(MauH˙R @ Jan 29 2018, 12:21 PM) *

Lancers starts are always a decent build when youre onhost (or the execution is just clean enough) vs. Men, Elf, Isen and Mordor imo.
Worst case scenario is he went Wargpacks + Crebain, where you simply have to run and stay on 2 farms until you have Lindons or Lorien Archers.

Hmmm.. And what if the Isen player just masses pikes and destroyes stables and mallorns? I have no protection in such case..

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 102brabox Jan 29 2018, 15:26 PM
QUOTE(O_Fingon_O @ Jan 28 2018, 12:09 PM) *

Brabox, what do you think about lancer start vs Isengard? I mean with Stables before Barracks?

Cav is especially good vs a less experienced Isen player because the "Clan Steading + Uruk Pit with 3 furnaces" is not super easy to pull off IMO. Also, if you flank uruk warriors, they die really quickly to your cav which immediately is 400 wasted for the opponent (a eco bigger hit than other factions would suffer).

Also, if the opponent goes 4 furnaces, you can pick off 2 with your lancers almost surely. The only thing that can be dangerous is not punishing isen hard enough cause if they get Lurtz/Sharku out, Elves usually have no answer immediately.

The more you invest in cav, the harder you'll make that moment when Isen gets a big force with pikes and Lurtz/Sharku.

QUOTE(NightmareShade @ Jan 29 2018, 05:39 AM) *

Hi I'm new here and I readed this mentoring program so that's what I want, and yeah I know that I'm late at the party :v

OK welcome! This is not the general topic for mentoring though. Maybe Mauh˙r can help you out.

QUOTE(Mr.SmOKing @ Jan 29 2018, 10:19 AM) *

He hate all cav start.

No

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 103MauH˙R Jan 29 2018, 15:29 PM
QUOTE(O_Fingon_O @ Jan 29 2018, 15:11 PM) *

Hmmm.. And what if the Isen player just masses pikes and destroyes stables and mallorns? I have no protection in such case..

How would that look tho. Unless he completely blind counters you cav start by making 2 pikes as first units (which is a huge gamble) then he wont get enough pikes to threaten your stuff if you make your barracks off 2 farms.

+
# 104Ultimategladia Apr 5 2018, 09:22 AM
I have a hard time when fighting brutal AI when playing as gobs. I try everything, every start, but I always get overshadowed. Maybe there are some tips to help me? I really need them, because with the other factions, I defend myself and can win, but goblins are... a headache.

+
# 105DJ_Premier Apr 5 2018, 11:02 AM
QUOTE(Ultimategladia @ Apr 5 2018, 09:22 AM) *

I have a hard time when fighting brutal AI when playing as gobs. I try everything, every start, but I always get overshadowed. Maybe there are some tips to help me? I really need them, because with the other factions, I defend myself and can win, but goblins are... a headache.

I've managed to win vs elf and men as gob but i'd be lying if i said it wasn't tough. I had pretty good success with a 9ish cave spam with scav asap and you'll quickly rack up tons of PP and resources. Heroes and giants later on and when you max the power point tree i think it gets a bit easier, try and prioritise getting as many PPs as possible and you should do ok. Never tried ling start but it would probably be pretty strong as the AI can't defend well at all, if you get 3/4 lings you could probably farm so many PP's. I think vs any brutal in v7, harrassing is more about gaining the pps then actually damaging the eco.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)