Explore GameReplays...

Dawn of War 3

PaPerBaG. & xsiLLyx

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1-Netput May 23 2017, 07:04 AM
You can use this as a place to discuss and/or upload replays so Manawtf can take a look at it later.

Have fun and goodluck!

Steam
Factions: Eldar
Modes: 1v1
Language: English
Timezone: EST
Skill: Average for dow3. Was previously winning most but as players are becoming more educated I'm going back and forth. Previously in other RTS'(Particularly COH1) I was on the high end of players. GR staff for quite a long time as an SS in COH1 and briefly for COH2 as well. Looking for a mentor who can accelerate growth as I delve into this game.

Voice: Yes
Availability: MWF usually I'm on for a bit. Daytime on the weekends as well.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2PaPerBaG. May 23 2017, 17:46 PM
Add me on steam and we can get started, I have a discord server as well for voice com

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 3xsiLLyx May 23 2017, 22:09 PM
Requested on steam and downloading discord as we speak

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 4xsiLLyx May 25 2017, 22:51 PM
Apologies for the lack of activity. My boot drive went kaput so I'll have to get a new one setup tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back at it over the long weekend and will have some replays for you.

In the meantime, what is some general advice toward macro. I find it more difficult vs coh2 since heroes took the function as opposed to productions buildings. Are you still hot keying buildings or designating your numbers to control groups?

+
# 5PaPerBaG. May 26 2017, 15:46 PM
I use 1,2,3 for the heros then 4 and 5 for my production structures. This is me changing the hero hotkey option in the options so that your main HQ is F1 by default. It's a bit odd but similar to DOW2 for me which is the game I came from

+
# 6xsiLLyx May 28 2017, 14:31 PM
I hear ya. I played dow2 for a bit myself. That's also similar to coh. Are you still using control groups then? And to what keys?

Also, I noticed I have very few mirror matches. Just not alot of eldar out there. I'll post the replay shortly after I review myself. Transitioning into midgame though, how do you typically answer falcons? The short version is I enjoy heavier t1, saw the falcon doc so I figured harass power. Did so early, but didn't return to shut it down later. Wiped his forward base only to get wrecked by a falcon. My other failure was forgetting to tech, because in hindsight, i think wraithguard would have been the answer. I maybe could have stalled with a macha stasis on them and tried to push out the portal. How do you typically deal with falcons?

Lastly, when getting ready to push turrets, what units do you find ideal for that scenario? I'll post a replay as well of the game I just had where i locked him in his base and lost when he snuck his heroes away from his army and sniped my core while I pushed his.

+
# 7PaPerBaG. May 29 2017, 10:22 AM
If you have a sky portal yourself make vypers to counter falcon bc cost for cost they will win since they do true dmg and falcon just does normal, if u have infinity portal then obviously wraithguard.

When attacking turret wraith units are your best options, get 2-3 wraithguard 1 blade and a bonesinger to teleport ahead and "distract" the turret since turret attacks first target and can't manually target your wraith units.

+
# 8xsiLLyx May 29 2017, 15:16 PM
I haven't used vypers much. I'll have to experiment with them then. I think I only used them once against landspeeders and they got rofled pwned. Also, that's a great tip with the BS to draw the turret fire. Ill have to use that next time.

Attached 2 replays. Sorry it took so long! I had a lot more than expected and wanted to rewatch myself and take some notes (the RR/SS in me is still there) Disclaimer, I know you're not a fan of wraithlord/his command. I've both used it well and had it back fire by having a webway too forward and forgetting to tp it back. Also, As a hero, I very rarely use him effectively and it makes challenging bigger elites late game difficult. Fortunately, not many games reach that point for me. I see the downside of using him though.

Asm replay

Never dealt with pure asm spam like this so I'm honestly not sure how to best counter it, especially since he went straight for power swords. Mixture of shees + DA nades? A list of other things I see as mistakes are
  • BS idle top when it could have made my warrior portal. Late portal because of it
  • Bad positioning and getting wrecked by assault leap
  • Soul shrine way too early
  • Should have called the scorps to defend the shield gen rather than go bash his
  • Once I saw the top left node undefended with no gens, should cap with BS instead of scorps. Better use them elsewhere
  • Maybe a different hero choice than kyre. Still undecided about him
Failure to close

This game is what prompted my falcon question. I had a game last night where I did make sure to tech to wraithguards and pushed my advantage and I won pretty handily. And yea, after I saw your game against suzerian and saw how much they did to the turret i used them to finish that game as well. My other thoughts on this game are
  • late warrior portal
  • heavy floating
  • could use the float to get more gens up
  • committing to hard to shees. Especially late when I saw a falcon, why build another shee squad
  • failure to chase macha when she dips into stealth cover top
  • stasis! had no idea macha could stasis off her spear till this game. Played horribly into the stasis because of it
  • losing webway carelessly. TPing too forward of a position and not bringing it back
  • The biggest failure imo, never pushing bottom. Didn't realize after our engagements how few units he was walking away with
Hopefully that will get us off to a good start!

+
# 9PaPerBaG. May 29 2017, 18:23 PM
Hard to really comment when all I seen was broken meta that is going to change in a couple days from both you and your opponent, sad thing is in the ASM spam game kyre is so broken atm you could have wiped his entire army using the broken w-q-w combo and should have just stalled him for another 30 seconds to get him. But if you are looking for a more direct counter to ASM spam atm id suggest using macha or jain zar or both, they absolutely dominate ASM with their abilities.

Overall without knowing much about what things are going to change it's hard to give sound advice but u should come on discord and i can go over some other things i saw much easier.

+
# 10xsiLLyx Jun 3 2017, 18:20 PM
First post patch game, and it was against alman! I floated pretty bad and didn't use superior econ. Not a huge fan of that map though with the big divide down mid. Would love to voice chat post patch thoughts when you have a chance
Alman

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)