Explore GameReplays...

Overwatch

Support Hero Abilities and Play style

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Avoraz Jan 18 2016, 23:06 PM
Today, we would like to start off by covering the support heroes and abilities available on Overwatch and how crucial such position can be in matches.

What do you think about the support classes?

This post has been edited by Onyx: Jan 18 2016, 23:11 PM

Game: Overwatch

+
# 2RRcabal Jan 18 2016, 23:24 PM
QUOTE(Avoraz @ Jan 18 2016, 15:06 PM) *

Today, we would like to start off by covering the support heroes and abilities available on Overwatch and how crucial such position can be in matches.

What do you think about the support classes?

So because these Heroes are support classes they have the least amount of health right?, because I looked at the stats, and 100 - 200 HP that's quite a bit, but I guess the tanker Heroes have more HP than support classes.

Still was a good guide to read. thumb.gif

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 3WombaTube Apr 25 2016, 20:12 PM
Good article smile.gif just some thoughts i got:
Some patch-changes:
Doesnt Mercy have 200 HP and symmetras shield got decreased to 25?

And the right click on Lucio i'd very important on maps with edges. Hainan Tower, illios and such. Knocking down a tank or support can be a total game-changer if it's an important Push or u lost a fight and thereby get back. smile.gif

And on the playstyle on symmetra is a big Factor missing imho. You shouldn't just stay back, fire some blasts and wait for your teleporter. You got the important Job to block entries, like left entrypath on Temple of Anubis. (View vom attackerspawn).

smile.gif

Overall this Guide is well worth reading smile.gif

+
# 4Trueheals May 4 2016, 19:59 PM
Interesting read, don't fully agree on all tactics. Also may do good to mention that Mercy's pistol auto reloads. It isn't much but a few shots every now and then can help speed up ultimate.
Also I agree WombaTube about knowing maps as Lucio. That knock back can be such a huge game changer.
I disagree with the passive in back approach Symmetra. Her damage is actually really high once her beam gets charged. It can actually melt players pretty easily in combo with some well placed sentry s. Making her fully able to block off an entire entry point on a map. Womba's example above is a very good mention.
Also would be neat to mention synergy between the supports. A lot of new players think just one hero from the support branch is enough. But some times they shine in pairs. A Lucio with Mercy allows Mercy to partner up with a offense char and really be a threat. While also a Symmetra shield makes a Zenyatta a bit stronger.

But, over all. Very good read. Thank you for putting the work into the guide.

+
# 5RRcabal May 5 2016, 02:30 AM
I feel like this guide needs more info, example Lucio's wall ride is not a passive ability, passive abilities only happen at random, like Junkrats death, the wall ride you click space.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)