Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Rono's HW

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ronovic Nov 18 2013, 02:02 AM
OK guys so i got this survey about people+technology so i chose the branch of gaming (ra3 specific).
Ill get straight to the point and if u could it would be cool if u could answer these questions...only 15.

1. How long a day would you spend playing Ra3?

2. Do you play any other games? If so, how many approximate?

3. How many people approx. have you met during gaming or in game lobbies?

4. What type of music do you listen to while playing? (rap, dance, pop, one direction etc...)

5. Do you play for fun, competitiveness or both?

6. Have you ever made an income off a game, whether by prize money or being paid as a game tester?

7. Have you ever, or do you plan to, make a living off gaming (specifically Ra3?)

8. How many friends, approx. have you introduced to Ra3.

9. Do you play on a desktop or laptop?

10. If you play on a desktop, is it high spec? which you purchased for gaming specifically?

11. In what range of price is your PC/Laptop. -under 500, -above 500, -above 1000, -above 2000. (NZ dollars if possible.)

12. Rate Ra3 out of 10. 10 being the highest.

13. In your opinion is Ra3 balanced.

14. Would you purchase the squel to Ra3.

15. Have you vocally connected to anyone through the game? (not skype)

TY <3

Clan: m8s

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Inspector RaGe Nov 18 2013, 07:35 AM
I command (politely ^^) that Panther and FISSEN answer these questions tongue.gif

+
# 3FISSENDK Nov 18 2013, 10:51 AM
QUOTE(Inspector RaGe @ Nov 18 2013, 07:35 AM) *

I command (politely ^^) that Panther and FISSEN answer these questions tongue.gif

OK SINCE RAGE DEMANDS IT! x)

5-12 hours

Battlefield BC2/BF4 like 5 hours a week

Like 100?

4. What type of music do you listen to while playing? (rap, dance, pop, one direction etc...)
Hard dance /elektro

Both smile.gif

6. Have you ever made an income off a game, whether by prize money or being paid as a game tester?

Yes, i sold my knight online character for 3000$ (dont go crazy it took me allmost 11 years to make it and it costs about 20$/ month to play it)

7. Have you ever, or do you plan to, make a living off gaming (specifically Ra3?)
Well if poker counts it was my main income for 6-7 yrs smile.gif Else no

Desktop (a super OP one)

10. If you play on a desktop, is it high spec? which you purchased for gaming specifically?
Intel Core i7 4.2 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM / Master: Seagate Cheetah 15K 600 GB, Slave: Seagate Expansion Desktop Drive 4 TB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 4 GB (YES SUPER OP)

11. In what range of price is your PC/Laptop. -under 500, -above 500, -above 1000, -above 2000. (NZ dollars if possible.)
Above 4k NZ dollars including accessories smile.gif

8 if they would fix the bugs it would be a 9 smile.gif

Factionwise yes, mapwise no

Ohh yea wink.gif

If skype dont count then its a no smile.gif

This post has been edited by FISSENDK: Nov 18 2013, 10:56 AM

+
# 4c9q9md Nov 18 2013, 12:50 PM
QUOTE(Ronovic @ Nov 18 2013, 02:02 AM) *

OK guys so i got this survey about people+technology so i chose the branch of gaming (ra3 specific).
Ill get straight to the point and if u could it would be cool if u could answer these questions...only 15.

Allthough i am not a m8s member (yet) i would still like to answer some of the questions.

Varies. Usually between 2-3 hours a day.

Counter strike, pokémon.

Hard to tell. I have met alot of awesome people. I have problably made about 20+ good friens through this game.

Everything.
Preferably punk/metal, but that North Korean propaganda is catchy as hell.

Both. I like to have fun and play the game how i like while still making it as competive as possible.

Yes, 60$ in total by winning tournaments.

It is impossible to make a living playing this game.

About 2.

Desktop

I play on high specs. And yes i wanted a gaming pc so i got myself one. Not specificly for ra3 though.

-
7/10
Many bugs and bad map designs(balance wise) keep me from giving it any higher.

Depends on what map. Inf isle is problably the most balanced map, while cabana is the most imbalanced one.

Yes.

Yes, i turned VoIP on once and spammed the microphone and commentated games with a horrible Bane imitation.
(that guy from batman)

Game: None

+
# 5GBHmichael Nov 18 2013, 14:12 PM

On the rare occasion when I can actually connect, probably an average of 2-4 hours.

Used to play a plethora of games but then everything broke sad.gif (classic michael). Play pokemon showdown though tongue.gif

Too many to count really tongue.gif. Most of the RA3 community is pretty good tbh.

A bit of everything. Whatever is on at the time really tongue.gif.

Both. Obviously the main reason I play is because RA3 is a great game, but competition always makes things better.

No. However I was approached a while back by some professional gaming trainers thing asking me to coach people for RA3 for a fairly decent amount of money lololol. Although I turned them down.

There isn't any money to be made in the current state of RA3. But if I could get a better computer/connection I would stream all the time and hope to make some money off that.

3 or 4 I think.

Laptop

My laptop is probably one of the worst machines ever created.

It was Ł350 4 years ago.

RA3 is probably the best game there is right now in my opinion. Yes, it does have many problems with bugs and pathfinding issues where units get beached and stuck at corners lol, but they just mean you have to micro more tongue.gif.

9/10

No, it's in dire need of patches. To name a few: cryos, ADs, spies, tengus, chronospheres etc. Yes, I hate allies tongue.gif.

Definately!

Yes, I've spoken to a quite a few.

+
# 6ThePanther Nov 18 2013, 18:26 PM
QUOTE(Inspector RaGe @ Nov 18 2013, 02:35 AM) *

LOLOLOLOLOLOL , k i go .

1. How long a day would you spend playing Ra3? hours aprox
1 - 2 hours per day aprox

In this moment only RA3 . is my maingame ever <3

dunno

Metal/Hard Rock & sometimes Electro

Both

Never

LOLOLOLOLOL , no i want finish my carrer and buy a lot of beer and bitches ^^

Desktop

AMD Phenom II X2 3.11 GHZ / Disc Samsumg 250 gb / Video Nvidia Geforce GT 220 1GB / 4GB RAM DDR3

above 500 $$$$$$$$ gringo Dollars (ONLY CPU)

9 , and just 9 because it have a lot of bugs , fuck E.A .

Yea smile.gif

of course ni.gga biggrin.gif

yes , some friends.

+
# 7Mendel Nov 19 2013, 18:34 PM

Between 0 and 5 hours depending on game

I play retro games mostly. I have a sitdown jamma arcade cabinet, amiga, super nintendo, commodore 64, sega megadrive and dreamcast, Neo Geo CMVS... I enjoy the older 2d games. Recently I started playing Skywards Sword on Wii. (I am a year or two late on this too) smile.gif Some of the retro games I´ve made videos on on my youtube channel. I also play Trackmania 2 Stadium and I like to do custom tracks to it. My friend runs server called Hiillos with many of my tracks featured.

About 20 or so that I´ve talked with regularly

I don´t. I even turn the in game music off. I want to hear all the audio warnings and such.

for fun.

No. During my emperor battle for dune days I was due several prices for my top harkonnen rankings but they would not ship them outside USA at that time.

No, I dont think that is possible. Im not sure if that is possible for the very best, certainly not for me.

Nobody was interested.

Desktop

Yea, its fairly high spec. a generation or two behind the very highest end but certainly way too powerful for RA3 alone.
i7 2600k, 16gb ram, gtx680 dc2, pci express ssd 240gb. Apple Cinema Display 30" and windows 7 ultimate. It is something that I finished over a year ago. Something to run Battlefield 3 on but I got bored at that game fast.

Above 2000 for sure.

10. The best, last true westwood style rts with good 1vs1 gameplay. It has controls like moving backwards while firing forwards that makes kiting possible in a way that sc2 can not do.

No. But its mostly okay. Cryo protocol is a superweapon in a disguise of a protocol. Soviet terror drone breaks back and forth moving battle front in EvS. Empire lacks support units. Only the angels can be called such but their alt fire is rarely used... they´re too expensive and fragile really.

In a heartbeat

No but I have done play by plays to some games that are available in youtube for watching.

This post has been edited by Mendel: Nov 19 2013, 18:37 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)