Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Is Vire River Valley 2 vs 2 hard AI possible?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1desmond5 Mar 26 2016, 08:38 AM
Hi,

I've tried Vire River Valley with a friend against 2 hard A.I.s and always lost during the first 10-15 minutes.

We played as Americans, started below, and using high resources (to be able to buy demolition early to blow up bridges).

Our build order is like this:

1) Move first infantry immediately to the bridge.
2) Buy demolitions, and queue engineers.
3) By the time demolitions has researched, the engineer is up the bridge and can blow it. Then move that engineer to cap the point closest to the center.
4) Build WSC and Barracks to create infantry to cap points and reinforce middle area.
5) Put some MG nests in the middle, if we're not already overrun by that time.

While we are able to blow up the bridges, every single time we're late to counter the blob of infantry that arrives through the middle area, or the Germans repair one bridge and just sneak-attack from there.

Is there a replay or general strategy how to survive at least the initial 30 minutes of Vire River Valley as Allies against 2 hard enemies?

Thanks!

+
# 2desmond5 Mar 27 2016, 13:43 PM
Anyone?

+
# 3djw2104 Mar 28 2016, 14:17 PM
I doubt that you will get a (sensible) answer because this site is dedicated to competitive gameplay against human opponents and games against the AI/CPU are never taken into consideration.

Should they be posted, in whatever game section it is, they will usually be taken down.

I hope that you do find the answer you are looking for should any other member input to your topic.

Game: None

+
# 4Seablaze Sep 1 2016, 05:04 AM
Hey Des,

Looks like we've had a bit of a Necrobump to the forums - I haven't even checked in for over a year.

As to your question, I always found that the secret to win Vire River more easily was to establish an early beachhead on the other team's side of the map - map control is extremely important in CoH, due to the resource and popcap limitations.

Wire and Traps should be sufficient for closing off the bridges - I would rarely recommend teching Demolitions early, It's just not worth it to destroy a bridge that you can block effectively.

Your 'defensive' player is the one who has the longest run to get to the river - their job is to get to the bridge closest to the enemy base and barricade it with layers of wire and tanktraps. Once that is done, push towards the middle, and control that/support your ally.

Your 'offensive' player has the job of establishing a landing on the enemies' side of their bridge - your frontline should be your side of the river, plus a major resource sector of your opponents'. Just rush all of your resources there, and connect up your territory so you can build defenses if you think you'll need them.

Once you have a territory advantage, focus on keeping your units in cover, I would probably recommend at least one WSC between your players (You can try airdropped MG's, but they probably come too late). Snipers are also great units for cheesing the AI. Use mines to disable enemy vehicles and protect your crews/snipers. Beware Countersnipers.

Understand that Hard and Impossible AI cheat - they will have a numerical advantage pretty much regardless of what you do. Use units that allow you to kill more units than you lose, and take territory to popcap them - the AI still can't build units if they don't have the room.

Good luck

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 5Gammeln Apr 15 2017, 00:11 AM
QUOTE(desmond5 @ Mar 26 2016, 08:38 AM) *

Hi,

I've tried Vire River Valley with a friend against 2 hard A.I.s and always lost during the first 10-15 minutes.

We played as Americans, started below, and using high resources (to be able to buy demolition early to blow up bridges).

Our build order is like this:

1) Move first infantry immediately to the bridge.
2) Buy demolitions, and queue engineers.
3) By the time demolitions has researched, the engineer is up the bridge and can blow it. Then move that engineer to cap the point closest to the center.
4) Build WSC and Barracks to create infantry to cap points and reinforce middle area.
5) Put some MG nests in the middle, if we're not already overrun by that time.

While we are able to blow up the bridges, every single time we're late to counter the blob of infantry that arrives through the middle area, or the Germans repair one bridge and just sneak-attack from there.

Is there a replay or general strategy how to survive at least the initial 30 minutes of Vire River Valley as Allies against 2 hard enemies?

Thanks!

its POSSIBLE
i played solo vs 2 extreme bots, there was no pushing trough, but i managed to hold my half of the map,,,
i mostly play the germans, but there not much of a diffrence.
you need to focus on blocking the briges and the central point,

1spam engeniers
2block briges with tank obstacles and sandbags or barbed wire and mgs
at the same time rush some engeniers to the mid point and put some obstacles up.
3secure your half
4blow up the briges(or only wire them(the bot will try to push trough, and you could use that chance to snack some xp))
5have fund fending of the bot in the mid
(if you ask me its not a bad idea to put up mg outposts in front of the briges)
6try to secure the first central bulding and the amunition point-> push further

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)