Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Ask the Experts

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Sepha Aug 8 2008, 21:51 PM
This topis is purely for asking questions directly towards the expert players in CoH. In this topic you can feel free to ask any question regarding CoH or competitive online play to any of the experts and get an answer for your question.

You can either direct your question towards a certain person or just leave a question open so that any expert can give an answer to it.

Topic rules:
  • You are allowed to ask a question and receive any amount of answers from CoH Experts.
  • Questions are not to be answered by other community members, you only post in this topic to ask a question and nothing else. If you want questions/answers from anyone, just make a regular topic. This is designed so that Experts can easilly view a players question and answer it.
  • No stupid questions, forum rules still apply in this topic.
The current list of CoH Experts is:

Active

Posted at least one replay in the past month

DevM
Seb
Contador
Aimstrong
ISSIGuderian
Freestyler.
SiberianPlatoon
Armadillo

Inactive

DrHorse
MagpiesFlightX
hicksi
Rizky
gosustarcraft
Cann0nball
KingOwl
Ra11
ntd
Kibbles
Sepha
charliesshortt
Suprise
gogy/hybrid
Golradaer
nystrom
skaffa
Bentguru
Anik3tos
germansupreme
.nide
13laded
NuVioN
MooSnuff
0mar
khemist
daeyeth
sweix
MrUrkin
Kashll
GunnersMate
link0
Tamiya
iaguz
GauGhaN
B1OS
tinphan
SayNoToStim
HQstorm

This post has been edited by Seb: Mar 12 2011, 03:58 AM

Clan: Insane

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2gugi Aug 9 2008, 00:00 AM
First of all thanks for creating this topic. I'm sure It'll help a lot of COH players.

OK, so first question (no prize money though):

As a British player I would like to know how to win on Baeux Lowlands with the Brits. It is the most challenging map for the British and most players just don't select it when playing ranked games. Sometimes i just want to try it out and play on it but it's like almost impossible to get a win on it against lvl 10-11 PE and Werh players.

So what is a good way of defeating the Axis on this map when playing with the British?

I've already looked at Sepha's guide so I know the British Tactical Map Base Placement for this map but thats as far as it goes.

Should i just not play on it?

+
# 3BostonConsultingGroup Aug 9 2008, 02:51 AM
Second Question.

How many of you experts build the Quad?

+
# 4SayNoToStim Aug 9 2008, 04:20 AM
Gugi, as for the Brits on BL, that would be the first map I'd uncheck while playing that faction. If you do end up playing it, I'd set up on a fuel and try getting a quick stewie and then jump to croms. If you try to play sim city, you're going to get hammered by stukas, and if you try to play around in T1 too long, you're going to get your LT picked off and be forced to either make another one or trudge around in slow motion for a while. Its a huge map, and to be honest its probably the worst maps for the Brits, especially if you start in the north.

BCG: I cant remember the last time I made a quad. It just dies too quickly and an M8 is superior in almost every way. Reinforcing is nice, but something that lives longer than 12 seconds is nicer.

Clan: EPIC

+
# 5ZeroCrack Aug 9 2008, 04:25 AM
QUOTE(BostonConsultingGroup @ Aug 8 2008, 19:51 PM) *

Second Question.

How many of you experts build the Quad?

i hardly ever build quad after release of OF. i find M8 much better cause of it survivebility and because M8's mins is just amazingly good

Clan: ArX

+
# 6iaguz Aug 9 2008, 04:28 AM
Quads? Basically never.

and BL is BL for brits. Untick it

+
# 712azor Aug 9 2008, 04:37 AM
Purged.

This post has been edited by 12azor: Apr 16 2010, 14:24 PM

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 8rev0luci0n Aug 9 2008, 04:38 AM
When playing as PE what maps do you experts untick?

Thanks biggrin.gif

+
# 9SayNoToStim Aug 9 2008, 04:43 AM
I uncheck BL and st mere when playing as the PE, not for balance reasons but just because I cant stand either one of those maps.

+
# 10Tanachi Aug 9 2008, 04:46 AM
if you had a choice of a mg42 or .30 cal which one would you pick

+
# 11AUSOwnage Aug 9 2008, 04:48 AM
I have a serious question for you pros:

In what instances would you recommend the use of a flamenwurfer?

+
# 12KingLouis Aug 9 2008, 04:57 AM
For US late game against WM, assuming you decided not to go for a quick Tank Depot, and have gone Rax + full upgrades, WSC, yard upgrade - is it worthwhile getting the Tank Depot later on anyway to combat WM's late game?

I find that the Panther negates anything the Tank Depot has, and you may as well just use 57mm's.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 13ZeroCrack Aug 9 2008, 05:10 AM
in late game vs wher. i find it better to get AT guns to deal with t4. TD is not a great idea for late game wher. The only time i get TD is when i have advantage early game and i will try to get TD up mid game to finish the wher player up but if i failed to do so, i have to back tech to MP and get AT

Clan: ArX

+
# 14Cypher Aug 9 2008, 08:44 AM
Since about half of this topic had to be deleted: Do not post in here if you are not an expert or want to get a question answered by them. Failing to comply with that (simple) request will get you warned.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 15iaguz Aug 9 2008, 13:37 PM
Against late game Wehr, I hardly use the TD. It fails against anything of Panther size or larger, and that's inevitable really. AT guns in a creeping wall formation backed up by a solid support of rifles, rangers, armour and what have you and you should push any Kraut armour back. Make good use of mines and stickies, and prioritise the killing of the supporting infantry. They're easier to kill and without 'em the tanks are nothing.

MG 42 >>>>>>>>>> 30 cal a LOT. Who gives a shit about AP burst, I don't get 30cals to blow up light vehicles. I get machine guns to kill and suppress bastards.

As PE I untick Sturz and St Mere Du-bullshit. Actually, that's for like, all my games. Beaux is ok for PE, they can do some really nasty hard teching strats, brits can be easily corralled into a corner and yankees are yankees. Chokepoints are great for tellers too.

Flamenwurfer. Do you mean the Halftrack upgrade? If you mean pios, then the answer is 'all the time'.

For the HT it's a very niche thing, which isn't to say it's worthless. I suppose there's 4 main impediments to using the thing:

1) Requires a Halftrack. Not many people get these as Wehr as much any more. I guess you just need other stuff more.

2) Requires you not to get a Stuka later, which is the main reason people get HT's these days.

3) Requires 100 munitions, which wehr players hardly ever have lying around. These munitions are also not contributing to your AT efforts, which you are going to need.

4) Requires T3 tech, which if you are going heavy T2 is counter productive.

Add to all that it's a fairly brittle thing too.

It's still a nice weapon though, although I haven't used in ages.

+
# 1612azor Aug 9 2008, 14:18 PM
Purged.

This post has been edited by 12azor: Apr 16 2010, 14:25 PM

+
# 17KingLouis Aug 9 2008, 14:39 PM
Ah sweet, thanks Zerocrack, Iaguz and 12azor.

A follow-on question - suppose that I am unable to beat my WM opponent early as US (and again I didn't go quick TD), what is the best strategy to combat his increasingly powerful troops (troops getting vet, tanks rolling out, tanks getting more vet)? Do you still play the aggressive playstyle that is good for US? Or something more defensive like a 57mm wall creep?

I find that on open maps like Angoville and Langres, that would work - but on more closed maps like Semois and the soon-to-be retail Ruins of Rouen, that the 57mm covers a lot less ground - making them less useful. Meanwhile their Panzer 4s can roam all over the place and cause all sorts of havoc.

I know the best answer is to not let your WM opponent get that far, but sometimes you get matched against a better player, and you simply can't finish them early-mid game =\

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 18Rantrave Aug 9 2008, 16:53 PM
as PE vs Ranger spam better are fallshimjagers with fg42 or Panzer Grenadiers with STG44?

+
# 1912azor Aug 9 2008, 17:32 PM
Purged.

+
# 2012azor Aug 9 2008, 17:34 PM
Purged.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)