Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Report Problems with Relic Online

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 41Otherside Jan 31 2009, 11:14 AM
i wouldnt say that ive played a few games yesterday that all counted but at about 5pm GMT when everyone started coming online they stopped counting, i came online now to find all games arnt counting.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 42OnkelSam Jan 31 2009, 11:14 AM
Quote of the January Q&A.

Gamereplays: The servers are incapable of handling the large amount of people that is online sometimes. Are there plans to improve the server's capacity?

Thunder: Yep, we’ve been working on server capacity/performance at high populations. We made some recent improvements to the system and promptly set a new record for the number of players online, almost 9000 players without a meltdown like we have seen in the past. We’ll continue to monitor performance.

It can be challenging to fix something like this on a live system as you could improve performance and then suddenly find a new ceiling for your hardware or code as more and more players log on. We're very excited to see so many players logging on to play so many years after the original game shipped.

+
# 43Gemb Feb 1 2009, 02:03 AM
Onkelsam - u have been posting thunder answer, but have they addressed our feedback about wins not counting?? ask your conscience and pls stop slapping penalties on me when i am just asking a valid question. stop abusing your power...

We are posting to seek a commitment that this will be fixed by a reasonable timeframe not the same comment that "we will monitor performance".

the sad thing is thunder cannot even acknowledged that the sever does not register win/lost correctly. he merely referred to handling of many player logging in..

pls, can we have some positive and definite answer pls...

+
# 44OnkelSam Feb 1 2009, 09:33 AM
QUOTE(Gemb @ Feb 1 2009, 03:03 AM) *

Onkelsam - u have been posting thunder answer, but have they addressed our feedback about wins not counting?? ask your conscience and pls stop slapping penalties on me when i am just asking a valid question. stop abusing your power...

We are posting to seek a commitment that this will be fixed by a reasonable timeframe not the same comment that "we will monitor performance".

the sad thing is thunder cannot even acknowledged that the sever does not register win/lost correctly. he merely referred to handling of many player logging in..

pls, can we have some positive and definite answer pls...

I have been posting Thunders answer, because it is on topic and in fact an informative addition to the topic. Wheather you believe it or not, is up to you. ...

The reason why we do not allow flame and trolling as a method to push them further is, that it has no discussion value, while we are a discussion forum. And in addition, like i said in the initial post, and like i told you several times, they have already declared this as their highest priority problem in terms of CoH! So there is no sense in "pushing" them further. And you can see that this is true, when you look at the number of server resets, to apply updates (but you can't judge on that, because like you admited month ago, you stopped playing CoH and just come here to complain). At the same time you have to realise, that CoH is not the highest priority at all atm, because there are other products near completion (DoW2, CoH Online, ToV), so even if it is the highest CoH priority it still takes time, manpower is limited.

In addition to this, the reason, why your posts get moderated so often is, that you just don't understand the rules of discussion. Learn them and you will have a nice stay.

And btw. I don't abuse my power on you. I don't even have the power to give you warnings or suspensions. I can only report and Senior Moderators or Admins will judge wheather you deserve further actions or not. Every member of GR.org can use the report button. So if you are unhappy with the way i treat you, then report me and mention what rule i broke.
And now, for the last time, CARRY THIS TO PMs, and stop highjacking each thread with your dissatisfaction with Moderators.

+
# 45deadhero Feb 1 2009, 12:32 PM
All games arent counting now, again.

+
# 46ParkerD Feb 1 2009, 20:18 PM
QUOTE(deadhero @ Feb 1 2009, 12:32 PM) *

All games arent counting now, again.

not.

+
# 47Rattledparrot Feb 2 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm having the same problems as the everyone else had 2 results for the last 10 matches. As a result of this I've started playing lobby instead of Automatch. Is this the place to find out the problem has been fixed, (when it has been) or do I have to just keep playing the ranked games to find out?

+
# 48TrouserDemon Feb 2 2009, 11:59 AM
Do what I do and just make a smurf until it's fixed.

It's actually really cool, when nothing, not even losses are counting, people really do just play for fun.

Is the server down? It logged me out and now I can't login for some reason.

This post has been edited by TrouserDemon: Feb 2 2009, 12:18 PM

+
# 49OnkelSam Feb 2 2009, 12:46 PM
QUOTE(Rattledparrot @ Feb 2 2009, 12:56 PM) *

Is this the place to find out the problem has been fixed, (when it has been) or do I have to just keep playing the ranked games to find out?

If anyone notices a diffrence, then they are welcome to post it here. So i would say yes...

+
# 50deadhero Feb 2 2009, 15:11 PM
Now is working.

This is is the difference I noticed:
- Week end: around 7500-8500 players every time I goes on-line = it doesnt work.
- Just now: around 4900 (I dont remember the number exactly) = it work.

The matter is the big amount of people playing at the week ends and maybe at some special hours during the week.

Dont feel like we are firing you, Onkel. I find it can be useful post when it work and when not, so people can expect if they will count or not their victorys / losses. Maybe some people would like more watch replays or do other things if they see such an amount of people and they are playing for ranking.

I dont know if Relic will repair fast or not but, I have to say that around 8500 players on line in a old game (some years is a lot for a PC game)... the guys who made it can be proud of it.

This post has been edited by deadhero: Feb 2 2009, 15:12 PM

+
# 51TrouserDemon Feb 2 2009, 15:15 PM
It's still broken, and the chat is still full of people complaining about broken stats, players online doesn't seem to be affecting the problem. Most likely it is a bug introduced in one of the server hotfixes.

+
# 52deadhero Feb 2 2009, 22:16 PM
QUOTE(TrouserDemon @ Feb 2 2009, 16:15 PM) *

It's still broken, and the chat is still full of people complaining about broken stats, players online doesn't seem to be affecting the problem. Most likely it is a bug introduced in one of the server hotfixes.

Players on line was the problem explained by this Thunder. I dont know...

In every case, I can use your signature.

+
# 53Daaaave Feb 2 2009, 23:02 PM
Played around a dozen games in the last two days, 3 have counted so far. Is there anything one can do to fix it , or is it time to shut up and put up?

Id be level 9 wehr by now sad.gif

+
# 54plissken Feb 3 2009, 06:29 AM
I've deleted my old lvl8 profile and started with a new one. but these damn problems starts. it doesnt counts wins or losses. and i have to play with level 1-2 noobs and game isnt funny like this way.. and, i can't promote my level either. hopefully relic fix this problem soon.

This post has been edited by plissken: Feb 3 2009, 06:30 AM

+
# 55Lipton16 Feb 3 2009, 09:06 AM
I think the ammount of people online is not the main reason for the no count show.
At some point i didnt get any wins or losses for about 7 games, at that time only 3500 people where online.

After the most recent hotfix stats have been working worse instead of better.

+
# 56Daaaave Feb 3 2009, 14:52 PM
Played 4 games this morning/afternoon, my only loss is the only game to count. Sort it out relic. mad.gif

+
# 57OnkelSam Feb 3 2009, 17:46 PM
QUOTE(Daaaave @ Feb 3 2009, 15:52 PM) *

Played 4 games this morning/afternoon, my only loss is the only game to count. Sort it out relic. mad.gif

I think we got enough people saying that the stats are not recorded properly. Let us know when you notice its fixed, again.

+
# 58Siou Feb 3 2009, 17:54 PM
Well, since this is our official gr server problems report thread someone from Relic should have commented here much before.

Stats are not working properly or not at all and no official reply by Relic yet.

Not even that they are working on it ...

+
# 59OnkelSam Feb 3 2009, 18:00 PM
QUOTE(Siou @ Feb 3 2009, 18:54 PM) *

Well, since this is our official gr server problems report thread someone from Relic should have commented here much before.

Stats are not working properly or not at all and no official reply by Relic yet.

Not even that they are working on it ...

did you read the opening post? Those are quotes of official replies!

+
# 60Siou Feb 3 2009, 20:10 PM
I had read it but I was talking about the situation atm.

I think that in the 1st post these were old, otherewise it's my fault and I'm sorry.

This post has been edited by Siou: Feb 3 2009, 20:11 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)