Explore GameReplays...

The Asian Dynasties

After 3 years...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Thranduil Jan 11 2013, 01:12 AM
Good to see that the game itself isn't as dead as this forum (posts on this page going all the way to 2008, damn....).
I recently had an urge to install every age of empires and age of mythology again (spent 2 hours getting AoE2 working, probably more time than I'll actually spend playing it in a month), and decided to go online on AoE3, there are over 1000 players online across all 3 games, but I think most are on vanilla, because I've been matchmaking for the past 20 minutes without any luck. I only played 2 games and got owned in both, had no idea what to do after all these years. I made uhlans vs Sepoys just to realise, that they counter my horses, not the other way around biggrin.gif I thought they were like skirmishers, guess not. biggrin.gif

It doesn't feel the same anymore though, there is one active player left in my friends list and I have no idea who it is, the old community is gone. Did anything significant happen to the game since I left around the end of 2009? Probably not, except the AoE Online crap, man, I wish someone would make a real age of empires game again... An Age of Kings remake would be fantastic. AoE3 seems to be on life support unfortunately sad.gif There are far more people playing AoE2 on Voobly and GameRanger from what I saw.

Now to see if I get an answer from a fellow nostalgic AoE3 veteran tongue.gif I might be the first to even visit this forum in months, haha.

EDIT: And... Still matchmaking sad.gif

This post has been edited by Thranduil: Jan 11 2013, 01:22 AM

Game: The Asian Dynasties

+
# 2meast Feb 18 2013, 22:35 PM
Thought I'd give it a visit as well, haven't played for a good year or so, kinda miss it!

Game: Age of Empires 3

+
# 3meast Feb 18 2013, 22:35 PM
Thought I'd give it a visit as well, haven't played for a good year or so, kinda miss it!

+
# 4Thranduil Dec 7 2013, 22:40 PM
Oh my, noticing that you replied to my thread almost a year after I made it really shows how dead this place is. Played another nostalgic game recently, I wish I had a contact for at least one person from my clan, non active for 2+ years.

What happened to this place anyway? I don't really remember anymore. I guess the GR community was never big in the first place, but it seems to have died along with Ensemble Studios.

On the other hand I think the online community on ESO tripled since last time I checked, I guess all the steam sales and AoE2 HD must have helped. Anyone started playing again?

+
# 5.Ash Dec 9 2013, 00:46 AM
Hopefully some of the old lot will see this. It's Apocalypes smile.gif. I just bought the aoe bundle on steam and am playing again.

Add me smile.gif ESO; Seaturtle, Steam; iskateboard

Would be wicked to speak to some of you again.

Game: FPS

+
# 6Thranduil Dec 22 2013, 05:19 AM
Ha, nice to see someone familiar, although you probably don't remember me. I think I even vaguely recall you helping me with a hardware problem many years ago. smile.gif

Anyway, sadly, I realised that I can't get myself to play anything non-steam for an extended period of time... so, I just rebought Age of Empires 2 and 3 in a bundle. biggrin.gif

edit: hey apocalypes, iskateboard is some dude that doesn't own aoe and has played over 1000 hours of garry's mod, I'm guessing that's not you tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Thranduil: Dec 22 2013, 05:24 AM

+
# 7PreSsuRe Jan 31 2020, 21:15 PM
I installed it as well after almost 14 years. Training for when AoE4 comes. biggrin.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)