Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

How do I uninstall this shit

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1sonicpanda Sep 26 2018, 20:38 PM
I can't uninstall this from my computer and it's pissing me off because I can't change the camera height so I can see things. It's really shitty to have a program that can't be uninstalled, guys. Just an FYI.

Before I get a bunch of sarcastic replies, yes I tried uninstalling it through Windows uninstall. Yes I tried running the installer again and it only gave me the option to re-install.

+
# 2Leikeze Sep 27 2018, 00:02 AM
Why do you want to uninstall GenTool?

GenTool doesn't give you the option to change your camera height whilst playing(that would be cheating). It only allows you to change the camera height for watching replays.

Clan: Master of Death

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3sonicpanda Sep 27 2018, 01:23 AM
QUOTE(Leikeze @ Sep 27 2018, 00:02 AM) *

Why do you want to uninstall GenTool?

GenTool doesn't give you the option to change your camera height whilst playing(that would be cheating). It only allows you to change the camera height for watching replays.

Somebody else recommended GenTool because they said it would allow me the option but they must have been mistaken. Since it can't do that, I don't want it. Why do I want to uninstall it? Maybe I think fairies will fly out my butt if I uninstall it? Who cares! I should have the option to uninstall something on my OWN COMPUTER.

+
# 4Ka$$aD Sep 27 2018, 16:10 PM
Control panel --> programs --> uninstall

+
# 5`JoKeR Sep 27 2018, 16:18 PM
QUOTE(sonicpanda @ Sep 26 2018, 20:38 PM) *

Before I get a bunch of sarcastic replies, yes I tried uninstalling it through Windows uninstall.

Game: None

+
# 6Leikeze Sep 27 2018, 16:27 PM
If all else fails, Google search a means to the end you desire.

+
# 7Ka$$aD Sep 28 2018, 14:01 PM
Windows uninstaller should work.

You could try an uninstall program like "Revo Uninstaller" or something like that.

+
# 8sonicpanda Oct 2 2018, 02:23 AM
QUOTE(Ka$$aD @ Sep 27 2018, 16:10 PM) *

Control panel --> programs --> uninstall

QUOTE(Ka$$aD @ Sep 28 2018, 14:01 PM) *

Windows uninstaller should work.

You could try an uninstall program like "Revo Uninstaller" or something like that.

NO. SHIT.

It "should" work, but it didn't - like I said in my post. How do you comment twice and not have read my post once? Your sarcastic replies don't help, and only make you look like an asshole.

QUOTE(Leikeze @ Sep 27 2018, 16:27 PM) *

If all else fails, Google search a means to the end you desire.

Once again with the sarcastic replies. I tried this, and nothing helped. Thanks for the help everybody! I install your program, it is essentially unremovable malware, and instead of actually trying to help, you all act like a bunch of jackasses. Really putting out a good reputation for your software.

+
# 9Jundiyy Oct 2 2018, 07:29 AM
I think you just neee to calm down, they arenít being sarcastic. Read below for help.
This isnít some random program, itís used by thousands and thousands, camera angle can be adjusted in game but not a lot, you can move the camera to bird eye view. In replays you can do a lot more, I use it in my bjd way.
The developer may change the camera angle for off line gaming but that needs a new update which will be about 1/2 months at least.

HELP
There are 2 more things you can do to help you without uninstalling it. (Because you canít find the a way to uninstall).
Firstly, open world builder then open your game, Gentool will not work in your game this way.
Secondly, go to your ZH directory and find the dll file (canít remnebwr the name now, maybe d3d or something .dll. Simply move this away from the folder and Gentool will not interfere.

This post has been edited by Jundiyy: Oct 2 2018, 10:42 AM

+
# 10ToxicShock Oct 2 2018, 11:18 AM
I think it is called d3d8.dll. If you simply delete that, it will, in effect, remove the program.

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 11-Phoenix1991 Oct 2 2018, 11:31 AM
I have removed this topic from view.

People tried to help you but they aren't idiots, jackasses nor anything else. They are volunteers and spend their time to help people.

+
# 12xezon Oct 7 2018, 20:04 PM
QUOTE(sonicpanda @ Sep 26 2018, 22:38 PM) *

I can't uninstall this from my computer and it's pissing me off because I can't change the camera height so I can see things. It's really shitty to have a program that can't be uninstalled, guys. Just an FYI.

Before I get a bunch of sarcastic replies, yes I tried uninstalling it through Windows uninstall. Yes I tried running the installer again and it only gave me the option to re-install.

Hello Sonicpanda. This is a valid complaint. If the Windows Uninstaller does not work for some reason, you can manually delete the program file in your game install directory. The file is called d3d8.dll and it sits in your Generals or Zero Hour install folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour).

Do you use it for Multiplayer or Singleplayer? The next software update will enable big camera zoom for Singleplayer. For the time being you can edit the camera height in the GameData.ini file.

Clan: MENTAL

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)