Explore GameReplays...

Supreme Commander 2

Magnetron

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Sovietpride Apr 17 2010, 19:47 PM
XD

That was so funny =P

Just did it vs my mentee. He's not happy ^^.

But he is happy that he's miles better than when we began =P

This post has been edited by Sovietpride: Apr 17 2010, 20:19 PM

Game: Supreme Commander 2

+
# 22Weertangel Apr 17 2010, 21:27 PM
had that also 2 times, since that time i never expand with a commander if i suspect its in a magnetron's range...
and to counter it, best way is to get jumpjet/teleport and get out of range!
or behind something that blocks line of sight, like buildings. since most units get stuck behind them and don't get sucked in(if your lucky)

+
# 23vessal Aug 24 2010, 01:48 AM
QUOTE(the_big_boss_fish @ Apr 6 2010, 08:10 AM) *

on one 4v4 i played, one player fired 3 NUCs worth of tanks into a cybran base, and the whole lot just slid along the ground and got munched... the magnetron is epic.

http://www.gamereplays.org/supremecommande...s&id=142218

gotta love effective use of assests

+
# 24VerTiGo_Etrex Aug 24 2010, 12:52 PM
This thread is 4 months old... Please don't necropost... Everyone hates necroposters... Even the non-haters... (right cyg?)

We don't care about what happened here... It happened in a memory a long time ago... Infact, most of the people in this thread have moved on to other games...

The worst part about your post is that it's not even related to this thread, and it's simply a self advertisement... I'm not going to download your replay for this very reason...

Game: Dota 2

+
# 25The Hayemaker Aug 29 2010, 19:17 PM
I once reclaimed a shielded Magnetron with ~20 cybran jumpjet engineers, it was fucking hilarious! biggrin.gif

+
# 26Kafetist Oct 19 2010, 16:45 PM
hunkerŽ

+
# 27LYNK Mar 28 2011, 22:01 PM
QUOTE(Sovietpride @ Apr 10 2010, 10:39 AM) *

Magnetron doesn't work on naval.
It only works on the cybran navy if it's deployed legs..

I.e, it has to be on the ground of the controllers own free will before your magnetron takes over.

But to be fair to the opponnent, he doesn't know a magnetrons been activated as his units aren't doing any silly or wierd =P

The magnetron works on naval units even though they are in water. Especially on places like seton's, if u use the pull effect, the navy gets attracted, hits the coast, and smashes and eventually blows on it

+
# 28TheWord Mar 28 2011, 23:17 PM
Especially when combined with pullinsmashes. The death of any navy biggrin.gif

Game: Planetary Annihilation

+
# 29LYNK Mar 29 2011, 01:04 AM
QUOTE(TheWord @ Mar 28 2011, 18:17 PM) *

Especially when combined with pullinsmashes. The death of any navy biggrin.gif

I have noticed (i play illuminate) The pullinsmash is a highly disregarded unit and it can be used very effectively, even though the attract a single unit, they are MOBILE a huge advantage which can be quite annoying to another player. Their range is also quite respectable. I have won games while only building these units against UEF tank massers, I think the world needs to see the power strategy has with the illuminate

+
# 30ooohyeah5 Apr 8 2012, 18:47 PM
My favorite strategy is to be illuminate, with a cybran partner, construct a space temple, set up a temporary beacon in someone else's base, and have your cybran partner make a magnetron right in front of your space temple. You will get LOADS of mass and PWN!!!!!!:)

+
# 31ooohyeah5 Apr 8 2012, 18:49 PM
QUOTE(LYNK @ Mar 29 2011, 01:04 AM) *

I have noticed (i play illuminate) The pullinsmash is a highly disregarded unit and it can be used very effectively, even though the attract a single unit, they are MOBILE a huge advantage which can be quite annoying to another player. Their range is also quite respectable. I have won games while only building these units against UEF tank massers, I think the world needs to see the power strategy has with the illuminate

What cake?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)