Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

What does ZHCrackFix.zip supposed to do?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1typh00n Aug 9 2018, 23:37 PM
Hi,

Im only to able to play the game on Windows 10 with a nocd-crack. But it works well.
However: After the first start, GenTool tries to download a ZHCrackFix.zip which contains a modified "game.dat". Every time when GenTool replaces the original game.dat with the downloaded game.dat all my buildings blow up after 30sec of playing.

When i install the cracked game.dat again, it does work again. So, what is the ZHCrackFix.zip supposed to do instead of destroying the game?

regards

+
# 2xezon Aug 10 2018, 06:56 AM
Press C before gentool attempts to download it. It shouldn't do it again. Zhcrack fix us for legit multiplayer users. You use an unvalid game install, so your buildings explode with the original game.dat.

Clan: MENTAL

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3typh00n Aug 13 2018, 14:36 PM
no the thing is: your game.dat provided with ZHCrackFix.zip causes the buildings-explosions.

+
# 4xezon Aug 16 2018, 14:42 PM
QUOTE(typh00n @ Aug 13 2018, 16:36 PM) *

no the thing is: your game.dat provided with ZHCrackFix.zip causes the buildings-explosions.

Its the very original game.dat published by EA, so yes it will have anti piracy features enabled. It was no concern back then to deliver to pirated game copies. However i can see this peoblem can hit legitimate users so it should be dealt with.

+
# 5typh00n Aug 18 2018, 23:02 PM
okay conclusion time:

i wasn't able to play online because of the crack i used. gentool then provides a game.dat (ZHCrackFix.zip) which should be compatible, and you actually can then join games - but it causes buildings-blowup after 30 seconds after the match has started.

my solution was now to install the game from the "first decade"-pack. now i get the message that i have a cracked binary from gentool whenever i start the game (even though it is not true), but it does work very well and makes me happy! smile.gif
note that there is no game.dat at all in my games folder, but the generals.exe has a larger size.

greets

+
# 6xezon Aug 19 2018, 08:06 AM
Did you install from an actual CD Rom or a virtual disk you downloaded somewhere? If gentool says it is a cracked binary then it is a cracked binary. I am sure because gentool was fed all original executables and multiple cracks. The First Decade crack is a good crack.

+
# 7typh00n Aug 21 2018, 16:07 PM
You are right. After a vanilla-installed verison of the game it doesnt say cracked binary (first decade). i cracked it with the first-decade crack after that. tongue.gif ... but online-mode still works^^

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)