Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes 2

Gren Balance

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Katitof Oct 13 2013, 22:35 PM
QUOTE(Dullahan @ Oct 13 2013, 21:32 PM) *

Even if we assume the German sniper kills three conscript models in the time it takes the Soviet sniper to kill two (it doesn't come close until vet 2), that's still 50% damage/health and 60 mp of damage on the Grenadiers versus 45% damage/health and 60mp damage on the conscripts. The Soviet sniper will still kill the 4 man squad before the German sniper kills the 6 man squad.

The Soviet sniper has a more impactful early game presence, the downside is it forces you into a tech path and he doesn't scale nearly as well as the German sniper does into the mid game.

Not to be picky math nazi, but last time I've checked 3 conscripts were 50% health and damage of conscript squad, not 45%.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 22Dullahan Oct 13 2013, 22:48 PM
QUOTE(Katitof @ Oct 13 2013, 15:35 PM) *

Not to be picky math nazi, but last time I've checked 3 conscripts were 50% health and damage of conscript squad, not 45%.

Sorry, I went full retard there and multiplied the 15% by 3 instead of thinking about it logically.

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 23Funky Ducky Oct 13 2013, 23:27 PM
QUOTE(Dullahan @ Oct 13 2013, 16:48 PM) *

Sorry, I went full retard there and multiplied the 15% by 3 instead of thinking about it logically.

You're in a forum. You're not supposed to.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 24muller93 Dec 23 2013, 02:34 AM
QUOTE(vaz @ Oct 10 2013, 13:00 PM) *

molotov does not do enough damage to instant kill, you can get lucky with a critical, but it is very possible to completely dodge them without taking damage. Many good players dodge mine.

Well sometimes the game fails to respond in time.....and by sometimes i mean a lot

This post has been edited by muller93: Dec 23 2013, 02:39 AM

Game: Company of Heroes Online

+
# 25Nuclear Arbitor Dec 23 2013, 03:42 AM
flame weapons have a 10% chance to crit now and i assume the same is true of molotovs. so yes, it can instantly wipe a squad although it's not very likely. pathing is a huge issue. the other thing to keep in mind is that you have less maneuvering room with a molotov because it's a short ranged weapon on a squad that wants to be in your face. a molotov is about as easy to dodge, maybe a little harder, than a rifle grenade and has the potential to do a lot more damage. they're certainly not impossible to dodge though.

+
# 26Funky Ducky Dec 23 2013, 05:46 AM
QUOTE(Nuclear Arbitor @ Dec 22 2013, 21:42 PM) *

flame weapons have a 10% chance to crit now and i assume the same is true of molotovs. so yes, it can instantly wipe a squad although it's not very likely. pathing is a huge issue. the other thing to keep in mind is that you have less maneuvering room with a molotov because it's a short ranged weapon on a squad that wants to be in your face. a molotov is about as easy to dodge, maybe a little harder, than a rifle grenade and has the potential to do a lot more damage. they're certainly not impossible to dodge though.

Molotovs are just as finicky as rifle nades and as inconsistent.

+
# 27SSHeini Dec 23 2013, 07:09 AM

Whoa boys,

Don't be so vocal on this subject. The grenadiers - conscripts unbalance is not so obvious in this game, other things are creating problems. The unbalance feeling between these 2 unit tipes is given by the numbers (number of squad members). While with a proper micro you can preserve over time your cons and grow experience on them, it is a little difficult to do that with grens. It's easier to manage a 6 men squad and not to loose them, than a 4 member squad. Otherwise, the 2 unit types are pretty balanced as far as I can see.
It is clear now, after all these patches, that gren spam is not such a good tactics. Your friend should try to combine them with mgs. Personally, my openings are relying on 2 pios, 2 mgs and 1 gren squad. Mg used agressivelly makes all the money. But you need perfect micro for that, and it's harder. Once you learned it, you can have a pretty balanced opening.

+
# 28Kamfrenchie Dec 23 2013, 23:31 PM
the difference between rifle nades and molotov is that sometimes it's hard to see the rifle grenade on snow maps, other times i'm pretty sure the firing sound doesn't play, that and and the nade does all of its damage instantly, while sometims you land a molotov and barely scratch the grens before they move out.

What's also infuriating is how the lmg 42 almost instantly reposition when your circle strafe around th grens to try and avoid it.

+ i've seen lmg42 grens run into a maxim arc and win wit a rifle nade (sometimes those idiots gather so much asingle nade can wipe them)
After they killed everal servats, the lmg just shot up the remaining ones before they could do much

As for healing, is 150 mp +50 ammo much more than 250 mp ?

+
# 29Nuclear Arbitor Dec 24 2013, 06:02 AM
if you mean bunkers they're 60 mun like so many german upgrades but the biggest issue with them is that they compete with everything else the germans have to spend mun on. they're quiet effective with a command bunker though. overall i'd consider them cheaper and better than the russian medics since you can still stick one in your base.

+

Enable email notification of replies |  Enable Smilies |  Enable Signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)