Explore GameReplays...

OpenRA

Anyone got some really good build orders?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AggressivePanda Sep 22 2015, 21:43 PM
Anyone got some really good build orders? Or Strats.

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Spy1 Sep 23 2015, 14:16 PM
As Soviet, open up 2nd refinery after War Factory, then PP to Radar Dome, with 4 flak trucks, 3 v2s, and 5 rocket troopers biggrin.gif works really well vs Allies

Here's the full build:

0:00 - Power Plant, Barracks, Refinery
-Power Plant
-War Factory //Build 1 flak truck then an ore truck
-2nd Refinery //1 more ore truck then 3 flak trucks
-Power Plant
-Radar Dome //Begin 3 v2 rockets & 5 rocket troopers
-Advanced Power Plant
-Airfield
-Service Depot //Begin 2nd MCV, good for base-rushing on certain maps
-Advanced Power Plant
-Tech Center

Make sure to build 1-2 tesla coils in your base before you attack! If you've got good micro, you shouldn't really lose any flak trucks or v2s.

This post has been edited by Spy1: Sep 23 2015, 14:24 PM

+
# 3Phoenix_OpenRA Sep 24 2015, 14:34 PM
I like spy's build order however i have my own variation that i use for Ukraine:

1. PowerPlant
2. Kennel --> 2 dogs; use 1 to get near enemy base; check for early movements and then to check for whether they have opened with a double refinery or ref then war factory
3. Barracks --> 4 or 5 riflemen; group 4 inf with a dog for 1 tile extra range - use these to control ground early on. Use the other rifleman to defend a choke point or something like that
4. Ore Refinery
5. War factory --> 1 ore harvester, 1 flak truck, 2 ore harvesters in that order
6. Power Plant
7. Ore refinery

At this point the build order can branch off:

8. Service Depot --> on a map with 1+ worthwhile point of expansion
9. Power Plant
10. Radar Dome
11. Airfield
12. Advanced Power Plant
13. Tech Center --> Get Iron Curtain ASAP

or on smaller maps:

8. Radar Dome
9. Airfield
10. Advanced Power Plant
11. Tech Center --> Get Iron Curtain ASAP (Also nuke if you have the resources to)
12...... Get service depot and go nuts; pretty much.

This build order requires a bit of harvester micro if you don't have gems near you spawn to use, also, dogs can be difficult to use effectively but it does have the upside of destroying flamer/grenadier rushes early on with dogs (try it).

I like playing quite aggressively so if you aren't planning on doing so this may not be the build order for you. The first attack tends to be when you iron curtain is ready or when you have enough V2s at your disposal to do some damage to the enemy lines, make plenty of flak trucks to control arty, infantry and air. parabombs can be used in conjunction with an iron curtain to deal some serious damage to the front lines which can be followed up with infantry, v2s and even an MCV.

You wont have the resources to build any static defences before your second ore refinery so make sure you micro your units early on well.

Build lots of airfields later on if playing vs soviets, if you are playing against allies try to control any large bodies of water with subs and engage on land. Demo trucks + Transports are a deadly mix.

If you have any questions i'd be happy to answer them.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_OpenRA: Sep 24 2015, 14:39 PM

Game: OpenRA

+
# 4AggressivePanda Sep 24 2015, 19:05 PM
Thankyou Gents! biggrin.gif I will try these online.

+
# 5s2nz0 Sep 25 2015, 14:23 PM
Dunno where to post so i gonna post here

Awesome game, i'm rediscovering it after so many years i played these original games, i kinda noob now xD

+
# 6AggressivePanda Sep 28 2015, 21:52 PM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Sep 25 2015, 14:23 PM) *

Dunno where to post so i gonna post here

Awesome game, i'm rediscovering it after so many years i played these original games, i kinda noob now xD

biggrin.gif Wanta 1v1 some time? smile.gif

+
# 7s2nz0 Sep 29 2015, 19:50 PM
yh for sure

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)