Universe at War

My epic quest has begun

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Perfi Apr 1 2010, 07:25 AM
Fail troll is fail, sorry. post-13661-1143531603.gif

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 22The_Troll Apr 3 2010, 19:43 PM
Can I ask you why you bother? I mean clearly you are the best person who plays this game. The only people who have a chance against you are cheaters. If what I hear is correct most of the people are n00bs playing on Xboxs why not just let them fell they are the best at something and play a game where you can play against other experts?

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 23Masked Apr 3 2010, 23:10 PM
wow, so raciest...

Game: None

+
# 24vOddy Apr 4 2010, 03:56 AM
I hate to see cheaters win.

Game: Universe at War

+
# 25AlexRuiz Apr 14 2010, 02:58 AM
Hey Vod, I admire your quest, but unless he stops playing, you won't catch him. He is now playing as many games as you are, so the gap is not closing.

You have beaten him twice at the cups, so as far as who is better of the 2 should be settled. In fact, your third faction can go toe to toe with his best. I must admit, however, that the clear edge you got on him now is also in part of the "xbox handicap"

Anyways, the best of lucks! go for the gold. I would play you if it helped, but being my rank lower it won't help too much, and you risk a loss.

Alex
PS. The one who accused you of cheater, as it is "not possible to build that fast" has told something similar to other good players, such as Pur and Volc.

+
# 26vOddy Apr 14 2010, 13:40 PM
I know, I have to get more active again... Gotta start spamming games. I've taken a break. I'm sorry. sad.gif

+
# 27JAGX Apr 14 2010, 14:55 PM
QUOTE(AlexRuiz @ Apr 14 2010, 02:58 AM) *

Hey Vod, I admire your quest, but unless he stops playing, you won't catch him. He is now playing as many games as you are, so the gap is not closing.

You have beaten him twice at the cups, so as far as who is better of the 2 should be settled. In fact, your third faction can go toe to toe with his best. I must admit, however, that the clear edge you got on him now is also in part of the "xbox handicap"

Anyways, the best of lucks! go for the gold. I would play you if it helped, but being my rank lower it won't help too much, and you risk a loss.
Alex
PS. The one who accused you of cheater, as it is "not possible to build that fast" has told something similar to other good players, such as Pur and Volc.

I don't see the difference between cups and regular matches, as it all comes down to 1v1.

Furthermore, I'm still rusty (as I lost to somewhat novel strategies that I haven't seen in a while, but are totally counter-able now if expected). If I really started playing alot (and managed to find good opponents to practice with) it would be a different story, Xbox handicap or otherwise.

But imo this whole thing is a little silly to me, I mean it's just a game, if you wanted to waste your time just to see a little number next to your name that's fine. But it's not fun, b/c I've been getting back into it lately and noob bashing is boring and doesn't prove anything. People who have lives wouldn't bother tbh but go for it lol!

+
# 28AlexRuiz Apr 15 2010, 02:32 AM
QUOTE(JAGX @ Apr 14 2010, 10:55 AM) *

But imo this whole thing is a little silly to me, I mean it's just a game, if you wanted to waste your time just to see a little number next to your name that's fine. But it's not fun, b/c I've been getting back into it lately and noob bashing is boring and doesn't prove anything. People who have lives wouldn't bother tbh but go for it lol!

Tell that to Vod, not to me tongue.gif

You are still rusty, but in some cases I could see how the xbox controller is not helping you. I would be thinking "he is going to do this"... and yes, you will do it, just 2 sec later than what I expected. The match you had against Vod in sahara for CC #3, H mirror is a good example. I truly enjoyed the replay, very close battle, but I could see some gaps in your reaction time to some stuff, so the controller is not exactly making your playstyle go faster wink.gif No way around it.

But take it as a compliment. If you are fighting the best PC players and going toe to toe with them with an xbox controller, that is a testament to your skill. You are not a bad player for sure tongue.gif

A shame xbox cannot join PC in custom. I know you would enjoy joining custom matches with other 3,4, 5 good players in the game. That is truly fun!

Alex

This post has been edited by AlexRuiz: Apr 17 2010, 00:40 AM

+
# 29JAGX Apr 16 2010, 13:15 PM
QUOTE(AlexRuiz @ Apr 15 2010, 02:32 AM) *

A shame xbox cannot join PC in custom. I know you would enjoy joining custom matches with other 3,4, 5 good players in the game. That is truly fun!

I know, I really would like to be able to get into custom game with PC players, as most Xboxers don't provide good practice haha... I'm trying to convince my gf to let me game on her netbook LOL!

+
# 30AlexRuiz Apr 17 2010, 00:42 AM
QUOTE(JAGX @ Apr 16 2010, 09:15 AM) *

I know, I really would like to be able to get into custom game with PC players, as most Xboxers don't provide good practice haha... I'm trying to convince my gf to let me game on her netbook LOL!

Netbook gaming, that would be epic tongue.gif
If you ever jump to UAW PC, feel free to join us.

This post has been edited by AlexRuiz: Apr 17 2010, 01:00 AM

+
# 31JAGX Apr 18 2010, 11:20 AM
And I won't give up my spot, thanks for the support Alex smile.gif

edit: oops, I see you have edited your post, change of heart lol?

Looks like Voddy has been getting smacked around by some lower ranked players, as he's dropped to rank 4... oh wells.

This post has been edited by JAGX: Apr 18 2010, 11:44 AM

+
# 32volcaniclostone Apr 18 2010, 11:33 AM
QUOTE(JAGX @ Apr 18 2010, 11:20 AM) *

edit: oops, I guess no more support, change of heart lol?

Looks like Voddy has been getting smacked around by some lower ranked players, as he's dropped to rank 4... oh wells.

Im pretty sure he tried something new and it backfired therefore he lost. I know that for a fact cuase it happend to me few times.

Well atleast he has the balls to admit defeat and give the win to his opposition, Its something you havent done for a while.

Ohh And get a PC so u can join in our group and have awsome 2v2,3v3 and 4v4, Group games are just unreal. I know you will like them.

+
# 33JAGX Apr 18 2010, 11:45 AM
QUOTE(volcaniclostone @ Apr 18 2010, 11:33 AM) *

Im pretty sure he tried something new and it backfired therefore he lost. I know that for a fact cuase it happend to me few times.

Yea that's what I did in the CC, and it backfired. That took balls!

But I wouldn't jump to conclusions, some of those guys out there are surprisingly good, they'll rock you if you're not playing to win, which is what I assume people play ranked for... otherwise they could do player match.

This post has been edited by JAGX: Apr 18 2010, 11:49 AM

+
# 34volcaniclostone Apr 18 2010, 12:23 PM
QUOTE(JAGX @ Apr 18 2010, 11:45 AM) *

Yea that's what I did in the CC, and it backfired. That took balls!

But I wouldn't jump to conclusions, some of those guys out there are surprisingly good, they'll rock you if you're not playing to win, which is what I assume people play ranked for... otherwise they could do player match.

Sometimes its a lot faster to get a friendly game in rank than seting up a custom game

+
# 35JAGX Apr 18 2010, 13:49 PM
QUOTE(volcaniclostone @ Apr 18 2010, 12:23 PM) *

Sometimes its a lot faster to get a friendly game in rank than seting up a custom game

I agree, but that's not what this Epic Fail--er I mean Epic Quest is about.

+
# 36volcaniclostone Apr 18 2010, 16:27 PM
Becarefull he might get the first spot, there are other ways on getting pass you, but that would require cheating.

+
# 37vOddy Apr 18 2010, 16:50 PM
QUOTE(volcaniclostone @ Apr 18 2010, 13:33 PM) *

Well atleast he has the balls to admit defeat and give the win to his opposition, Its something you havent done for a while.

Yep, I've been trying retarded strategies because bashing noobs over and over is boring.

+
# 38JAGX Apr 18 2010, 16:55 PM
QUOTE(volcaniclostone @ Apr 18 2010, 16:27 PM) *

Becarefull he might get the first spot, there are other ways on getting pass you, but that would require cheating.

Yea, that's my point. The two guys ahead of him cheated, but they don't even play anymore, and he's behind them. Now you see how time-consuming and futile the effort is to try and advance without doing it yourself, and even then the games are boring noob-bashes nowadays.

QUOTE(vOddy @ Apr 18 2010, 16:50 PM) *

Yep, I've been trying retarded strategies because bashing noobs over and over is boring.

What did you try? Any chance of replay?

This post has been edited by JAGX: Apr 18 2010, 17:00 PM

+
# 39volcaniclostone Apr 18 2010, 17:01 PM
Wonders wherether Vod will turn to the DARKSIDE of custom games instead of ranked games.

Will the temptation of better quality and tougher games draw him to darkside or will he stay true to the lightside and follow his epic quest of being #1.

P.s Masari mastered both sides of the force

This post has been edited by volcaniclostone: Apr 18 2010, 17:12 PM

+
# 40AlexRuiz Apr 19 2010, 03:52 AM
QUOTE(JAGX @ Apr 18 2010, 07:20 AM) *

edit: oops, I see you have edited your post, change of heart lol?

To be honest I am undecided.

While you are controversial, selfish, arrogant and a cheater (no need to thank me for the compliments wink.gif), you have always been very open to share and discuss tactics. You even took the effort some time ago to compile guides against perceived imbalances. You also pushed to have the cheating mechanism fixed, what shows you are not afraid to play clean. And you are not a bad player at all, so you deserve the credit.

Also, as much as I admire Vod's amazing skill and what he has been doing for the community, his minions have already crossed the line of what a heated rivalry is. The "post your misinformation in the petro forums, not here" shows how enraged some of them are, feeling that they are truly the best players around and that they own these forums. Volc and myself have taken a lot of credit of keeping the game alive with Pur and some others for several months, always willing to play with the rookies and coach them in game, even if we got stomped because we spent more time typing than building. Some of these "enlighted" players will not even play someone they don't know. They feel they are too good for the game, so "competitive" play is for them.... ok, let them chase a ghost.

Furthermore, when I saw Vod go from loss #3 to loss #8 made me realize he is not serious about grabbing the #1 spot. If he was serious about it, he would be going for the strategies he knows that will win the match every time he plays ranked. Close the gap one win at a time. If he wanted to try something new, he could do it with his minions in custom. If they don't give him a good match, there are always the older crew, who have beaten him consistently in custom games and even chatted with advice "superior numbers are nice, but you also want to add superior tech..." "that opening is swarming, but is risky if the opponent built xxxx y.." and so on. Yes, even if his minions are the only ones "who know build orders", why aren't they giving him good battles in custom? His record in custom team matches vs Vic and me is negative so far, so maybe we are doing something right.

So, in summary, the leaderboards should be nuked. A cause of so much hatred. You were a worthy #1. Vod should be the #1 now in the ladder. However, being #1 there doesn't mean being the best. You summarized perfectly what the best player should be "One that is good with all the factions, and not just rinse and repeat" The only player that can play with any faction and give a beating to almost everyone else is... you know who he is, we have said it many times. tongue.gif
Agree or not, doesn't matter. As you have said it before "I have played, and beaten, pretty much everyone, so it is more than just perception" tongue.gif

If done properly, the leaderboards should reset, have a top player per faction, and a big #1 for the true best that would combine the scores with all the 3 factions.

Take care guys.

PS. for the next tourneys, make BO3 matches players play 2 factions if going to 3 games. The final BO5 should have both players use 2 factions at least, and the 3 if going to 5 games.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)