Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Patch 1.06

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 541Yumi Jan 28 2015, 18:22 PM
They won that tournament where of the three best players, two picked Stealth and one picked SW. You were stuck with whatever you picked and SW vs Stealth over a BO7 is massively difficult.

Is it worth pointing out that of the four semi-finalists, three were the best three 1.04 players in the tournament and the other was a high-level CCG player who trained a lot on the patch prior to the tournament?

Clan: H2

Game: None

+
# 542ReLaX Jan 30 2015, 07:34 AM
I finished my table, please have a look.

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...=0#entry9730023

I found 4 unbalanced matchups...
These are Tank >> Stealth, SW & Air and also Stealth >> SW.
See more inside the topic.

ReLaX

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 543MaxterPowers Oct 24 2015, 12:32 PM
Hello!
Thanks for the Patch. I would love to play it.
Unfortunately I am an Apple User, bought the game some weeks ago at the App Store.
Is there a way to use the Patch with that version? I didn't really find an answer anywhere.
Does anyone have a clue?
Thanks a lot and best from Berlin,
Newbie Maxter

+
# 544Yumi Oct 25 2015, 21:41 PM
Hiya,

I've got no experience with ZH on Mac but by looking for install instructions for other mods there seems to be a way to fudge it together using the .big file. By looks of things you'd have to grab the .big file from the zip or rar file in the first post (not the installer), put it in the Zero Hour directory somewhere, and that should do it. I couldn't find anywhere that gives the exact specifics.

You'd probably be best off looking for install instructions for another mod and trying that for the 1.06 .big file.

+
# 545Hiryu- Jan 13 2017, 17:10 PM
If anyone wants to play some 1.06 games, feel free to pm me.

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 546Hiryu- Feb 2 2017, 23:36 PM
I've noticed that burning trees are deadly, it's not just a visual effect. I've seen a technical with 30% health run into a burning tree and explode ohmy.gif Same thing with a RPG with full life, he was caught in a forest burning and was engulfed by the flames cry.gif
Yeah I notice that after 9 years, but it should be noted in the changelog unsure.gif

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 547Sparky Feb 4 2017, 13:27 PM
Interesting! You say it as if it makes no sense to die in a forest fire biggrin.gif

Damn now I want to play this game again.

+
# 548ReLaX Feb 4 2017, 21:48 PM
Why not give it a try Sparky?

Too busy with real life man?

Clan: Casters & Co.

+
# 549Sparky Feb 5 2017, 12:17 PM
I'd hate to be too busy. No, that's not it, it's just that most people I played with have moved on. It wouldn't be the same.

+
# 550Threadsinger Feb 10 2017, 02:21 AM
Hi guys,

Huge fan of C&CGZH (although never went online, just with friends), just recently discovered this mod and it definitely injected some new life into a old, great game! Well, that and the ton of new maps, although the AI has a tricky time with a few of 'em.

I'm still trolling the forum posts in case a wild answer already appeared, but I thought I'd put this out there in the vain hope that someone might still be active and benevolent.

I'm looking to alter a few of the mod elements, and I'm not sure quite where to look for certain parameters. I've installed FinalBIG and I'm trolling all the ini files, but if someone was feeling generous, would you mind please at least pointing me in the right direction to save some time? (I'd like to tweak back a few things for testing purposes, otherwise, this mod is fantastic and appreciated! Wish I found it years ago!)

1. I'd like to tweak the car bomb speed up a bit... which INI file is that in? Off the top of the head, is there a parameter name i can quicksearch for for "speed"? Or "damage"? Might reduce it a bunch, but keep it fast...
2. The combat cycle demo general mod - we're not all supreme commanders like you guys seem to be, and don't tend to spam these a bunch, so I'd like to reinstate the demolitions upgrade... can you gimme a hint on what to change? (edit: found the relevant modules, I think... what the heck is (fire) vs (no fire)?)

Also, I'd kill for an "HD" release version of ZH, with better pathing, supcom-style zoom out, and optimization so my 12 core, 32 GB PC doesn't choke on occasional lag. Oh well.

Thanks all!!!

This post has been edited by Threadsinger: Feb 10 2017, 02:43 AM

+
# 551AngryHan Feb 20 2017, 14:55 PM
QUOTE(Threadsinger @ Feb 10 2017, 03:21 AM) *

Hi guys,

Huge fan of C&CGZH (although never went online, just with friends), just recently discovered this mod and it definitely injected some new life into a old, great game! Well, that and the ton of new maps, although the AI has a tricky time with a few of 'em.

I'm still trolling the forum posts in case a wild answer already appeared, but I thought I'd put this out there in the vain hope that someone might still be active and benevolent.

I'm looking to alter a few of the mod elements, and I'm not sure quite where to look for certain parameters. I've installed FinalBIG and I'm trolling all the ini files, but if someone was feeling generous, would you mind please at least pointing me in the right direction to save some time? (I'd like to tweak back a few things for testing purposes, otherwise, this mod is fantastic and appreciated! Wish I found it years ago!)

1. I'd like to tweak the car bomb speed up a bit... which INI file is that in? Off the top of the head, is there a parameter name i can quicksearch for for "speed"? Or "damage"? Might reduce it a bunch, but keep it fast...
2. The combat cycle demo general mod - we're not all supreme commanders like you guys seem to be, and don't tend to spam these a bunch, so I'd like to reinstate the demolitions upgrade... can you gimme a hint on what to change? (edit: found the relevant modules, I think... what the heck is (fire) vs (no fire)?)

Also, I'd kill for an "HD" release version of ZH, with better pathing, supcom-style zoom out, and optimization so my 12 core, 32 GB PC doesn't choke on occasional lag. Oh well.

Thanks all!!!

it's been so long that i cant remember much, and i cba to reinstall zh to go through the files. i think there is a general GLA units .ini file which should contain the car bomb unit details, and there will be some sort of speed number there, as well as acceleration.

Game: Dota 2

+
# 552klappsparten Nov 23 2017, 00:01 AM
Might it be that no one plays 1.06 online? I can't find any matches to no time?!

+
# 553´'`Divine´'`Ravenheart´'` Nov 23 2017, 02:12 AM
nobody plays 1.06.

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 554klappsparten Nov 23 2017, 02:26 AM
why this? Isn't it supposed to be more balanced. To me a lots of changes makes sense.

+
# 555Sparky Nov 23 2017, 12:33 PM
1.06 is without a doubt much better overall, I think most players would agree on that. However, it is not implemented into the game as an official patch, which means it can be quite a hassle. Players can only connect with those also on 1.06 and have to switch back to 1.04 when wanting to play with anyone else. An even bigger reason is likely the fact that Zero Hour is a very old game with most of its userbase being veteran players. 1.04 is ingrained into their playstyle so much that most can't bother to learn a whole new style of play.

That being said, there are supposedly lots of small communities playing on 1.06, but I have no idea if that's true or where they are.

+
# 556Jundiyy Oct 22 2018, 22:49 PM
I will hopefully get some people to play this as I have a tourney coming soon.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)