Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

How To Best Employ FallshimJagers

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1BlutDesReich Oct 23 2013, 23:15 PM
I do not know much about using this unit. I know they can do an ambush, appear anywhere, and have panzer faust, which really doesn't seem to go too far. Also, is their building grenade just like an incendiary or what is its purpose? How does one best use this unit, or is it not that great? Thanks a lot.

+
# 2kokolo Oct 25 2013, 17:01 PM
They could be a useful unit if used in large numbers. Basically if you dont plan on researching pgren tech and you went luft, you should be using these with the lmg upgrade. The incendiary grenade they throw is weaker per second of burning than the pgren grenade, but it sticks around for quite a while and it also damages buildings. I saw a good use for them on vire once with a cloaked ket. They would come out near the field gun and throw an incendiary grenade at it. That field was would not be usable for a LOOOONG time.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3YankeePanzer Oct 27 2013, 02:10 AM
Fallschirmjägers being my favorite infantry call-in unit, is one of the deadliest anti-infantry units in the game. Always be sure to get their FG42 upgrade and ALWAYS position them in cover using them defensively; their passive ambush bonuses do bonus damage. With all off vet they should be able to solo any infantry unit in the game at any range, and even faster in cover.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 4jBrereton Oct 27 2013, 10:54 AM
QUOTE(kokolo @ Oct 25 2013, 17:01 PM) *

They could be a useful unit if used in large numbers.

I'd say this is the opposite of the truth.

A couple of squads are a good idea. Falls are devastating anti-infantry fighters. But if you start doing that thing a lot of PE players do (replacing all of your squads with them because floating manpower is easy in the midgame), you can very quickly lose 420mp to a pineapple grenade if you're distracted somewhere or it gets thrown just so.

Get the FG42 if you want them to roam around, or stick with the K98 and leave them in cover, where they'll stay cloaked before I believe 2 points of Offensive veterancy, which gives their shots a lot more power and accuracy.

One thing worth noting is that if their Panzerfaust is fired when they're cloaked, it'll get their damage bonus (the accuracy is irrelevant). The incendiary grenade is mostly worthless. Just attack-move a decrewed gun if you're not going to use it.

+
# 5Vogrim Dec 9 2013, 22:43 PM
Aside from their more obvious uses, they have three important functions: quick reinforcements during a firefight, quickly grabbing a downed AT gun, and anti-sniper tactics.

Frankly, I feel that Luftwaffe is the only valid tech tree against Americans 1v1 due to their ability to ambush snipers with Fallschirmjagers and spot snipers with cloaked kettenkrads.

+
# 6Boursin9 Apr 1 2014, 14:47 PM
I think most people forget about the anti-building grenade that the Fallshimjagers are able to use. Probably because the grenade icon looks exactly like the normal PG grenade icon.

I was using a mortar half-track and a Marder III to attack a Brit who had build multiple defenses to protect a victory point. Luckily there was an empty building behind his emplacements and I was able to use the grenade (and panzerschreks) to take out the 17 pdr, which allowed my Marder to come in and mop up!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)