Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

No connection to games! Help!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Aoenian Oct 15 2010, 14:14 PM
Hello!

My cousin and I were pros in Generals and Zero Hour once, also in Tiberium Wars.

Now on his new pc he can't connect to any games. - online to players - in c&c games only.

It does work to log in, and to join a game.

And after he can't play because he never get connection to anyone. And his conection overall is not bad. And it works in all battlefield games.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Ever happent to anyone else? Would be nice if someone told me. Because he are really good and he loves c&c and have always did that.

It's same with automatch, it won't work. Or some games does... maybe 1 of 30 games it works. Not more. Which is really sad. We wont to play 2 vs 2 really much as well.

He would for sure be top 20 in the ladders if he just play a bit. He are still a top player in Generals and Zero Zour. But it don't work.

Maybe this is the wrong place to write this, but I do it anyways because I think many here can probably help us.

Generals, Zero Hour, Tiberium Wars, Kanes Wrath, it's same in all games, he can log in, but don't connect to anyone.

But in Battlefield he can play with 64 players...

Starcraft 2 also works for him.

He have Windows 7 32 bit. The pc is a year old.

It has what's required for all c&c games. Also new games so...

I really hope someone can help us! It will give us one more c&c player online, and I'm pretty sure he are going to join gamereplays.org and future tournaments in all games as well so.

Thanks so very much! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Aoenian: Oct 15 2010, 14:16 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2EyeontheSky Oct 29 2010, 15:19 PM
Actually I have the same problem. Can only play with every 5th person, because i dont get connection. My internet is pretty fast; checked firewall also, everything is allowed, game is on the exeption list. Even stranger thing is that there are periods (for a week) when i get con to everyone i join. Maybe a router problem... i dont know. I tried restarting it, but it wont fix the problem.

Game: None

+
# 3neoragexxx Nov 2 2010, 15:53 PM
QUOTE(skynet-4vw @ Oct 29 2010, 17:19 PM) *

Actually I have the same problem. Can only play with every 5th person, because i dont get connection. My internet is pretty fast; checked firewall also, everything is allowed, game is on the exeption list. Even stranger thing is that there are periods (for a week) when i get con to everyone i join. Maybe a router problem... i dont know. I tried restarting it, but it wont fix the problem.

i got same issue with you man.. i tried portforwarding while having a static ip and it actually almost resolved the problem. now 50 % of the time when i login i can connect to everyone, i don't know why the other times i can't connect to some people ..

aoenian & skynet , portforwarding should be the solution to this. It's the same with torrents and p2p programs when you are not connectable but you can still download. portforwarding solves this.

This post has been edited by neoragexxx: Nov 2 2010, 16:45 PM

+
# 4EyeontheSky Nov 5 2010, 00:09 AM
QUOTE(neoragexxx @ Nov 2 2010, 16:53 PM) *

i got same issue with you man.. i tried portforwarding while having a static ip and it actually almost resolved the problem. now 50 % of the time when i login i can connect to everyone, i don't know why the other times i can't connect to some people ..

aoenian & skynet , portforwarding should be the solution to this. It's the same with torrents and p2p programs when you are not connectable but you can still download. portforwarding solves this.

Problem SOLVED!!! Thank you! Of course it wasnt that simple.. i needed to spend some time in the router config and set up the necessary ports. But it works now smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 5neoragexxx Nov 5 2010, 16:44 PM
glad to be of assistance mate !

i solved my issues as well ! it appears my router wasn't port forwarding correctly as it was supposed to so i used a Upnp mapping program :

http://www.12oclocker.com/soft/upnp.htm

After mapping ports 6667, 28910, 29900,29920 both tcp and udp everything works like a charm, i can finally connect to everyone smile.gif

You should make this sticky as well as a lot of people have this problem and it affects the people who have solved it as well. If i join a game that is hosted by A and C joins this game as well but C can't connect to A , even if i am B and I can connect to both the game won't be able to start.

cheers

edit: just be sure Upnp is enabled at your router and operating system as well, if you don't know how to enable it use google !

This post has been edited by neoragexxx: Nov 5 2010, 16:45 PM

+
# 6Vivo Nov 5 2010, 17:35 PM
Since this seems to be a common problem, I pinned the topic and cleaned it a bit. smile.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 7~HeaDeKBaT~{J} Dec 9 2010, 00:09 AM
My friend has the same problem. He has port forwarding set up, but still can't connect to anyone. He even tried it without a router. Firewall is off, he uninstalled hamachi and all other crap, still doesn't work.

+
# 8neoragexxx Dec 9 2010, 10:29 AM
QUOTE(~HeaDeKBaT~{J} @ Dec 9 2010, 02:09 AM) *

My friend has the same problem. He has port forwarding set up, but still can't connect to anyone. He even tried it without a router. Firewall is off, he uninstalled hamachi and all other crap, still doesn't work.

did he check if his ports are open with
http://www.portforward.com/store/PFPortChecker.exe

it's not enough to set up port forwarding you need to check it as well. If it says the aforementioned ports are opened then you need to refresh 2-3 times your nat when you are in KW lobby.then problem fixed;)

+
# 9Phenomena Jan 7 2011, 16:24 PM
i downloaded that program
says starting upnp device search, been saying that for 20 minutes...
not working

+
# 10Phenomena Jan 7 2011, 16:45 PM
i added the port exceptions in my firewal

downloaded the port checker, says this:

ping result- we were not able to ping your router
result - your port is not open or not reachable

any help?

+
# 11neoragexxx Jan 8 2011, 02:26 AM
then your ports are not properly forwarded most probably because of some router bug so u need to configure it by upnp like i said. By the way is your router connected wirelessely to the computer or with wire ? because you need to connect it with lan/wire to use the program i mentioned . there is another one which is better , called portmapper , u can search it on www.sourceforge.com

This post has been edited by neoragexxx: Jan 8 2011, 02:26 AM

+
# 12Phenomena Jan 13 2011, 18:07 PM
Its connected through a wire
I downloaded that unpn program, put in the ports, and it just said checking. For a day i left it on, no progress.

+
# 13neoragexxx Jan 13 2011, 19:50 PM
QUOTE(Phenomena @ Jan 13 2011, 20:07 PM) *

Its connected through a wire
I downloaded that unpn program, put in the ports, and it just said checking. For a day i left it on, no progress.

did u try the one on www.sourceforge.com ? and it didn't find ur router wacko.gif

+
# 14FuxyMaxy Jan 28 2012, 18:55 PM
Hey guys!
I have this problem too. However, I have done right the portforwarding (portchecker says for every mentioned ports above that they are open), still, cant connect only to the 10 th player. Made static IP too. I can upload with 1 MB so that shouldn't be a problem.

Can give me someone a another advice where should I search for the solution?
Thx!

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 15qaos Aug 20 2012, 02:59 AM
Using gameranger.com for now

+
# 16HeWhoEatsPudding Jan 3 2013, 19:01 PM
Hello everybody! I have the same problem and have applied everything mentioned above yet i still cannot connect to others. I forwarded ports on my router and tried DMZ. But the site http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ says that the ports are closed. Can anyone help me? Have a nice day smile.gif
EDIT: I turned off the firewallon both router and pc but i cant connect to others either. Should i contact my internet provider?

This post has been edited by HeWhoEatsPudding: Jan 4 2013, 13:41 PM

+
# 17Worker^^ Jan 5 2013, 10:02 AM
Please list what ports need to be opened

+
# 18HeWhoEatsPudding Jan 6 2013, 19:10 PM
Extremely sorry for the lack of information! I flipped through the usermanual of Kane's Wrath and it said i need to open ports 8088-65535 UDP and so I did on both my router and Windows 7. But still no luck - i couldnt connect to any players in the online lobby. I also risked turning off windows and router firewall to try connecting again but in vain. However, i can connect to everybody in hamachi and gameranger virtual lan programs. I have atempted playing in the official servers of kane's wrath before and since then i have changed my internet providers a few time and still no success. I have friends in my town who are in the same conditions but have no problems in connecting to other players.

+
# 19master412160 May 7 2014, 21:19 PM
I just played a 2vs2 game and that went fine but got other rooms I can't connect to some players.

I've tried everything but I don't know how to open a port.

Its says "your port is not open or REACHABLE."

I know zero about ports and stuff. So understand I'm nooby at this and never had in the past issues to play this game online.

Its been acting up the past weeks.

I tried adding from this list: http://portforward.com/cports.htm

8088-65535 to allow connection in firewall.

But no change I think?

+
# 20HyPn0Tiiz3 May 9 2017, 19:44 PM
I have the same problem. Bought the steam version, installed it and tried playing. Doesnt work, I reinstall and again it does not work.

I have been able to play 1 game after almost an hour of searching for someone I can connect to. The port thingy says its not open.

If anyone has any ideas please tell me. It would suck to only play singleplayer against AI, as I can beat them all (brutal is extremely hard though).

My computer is a beast (i7 processor, 18 GB of ram, 300GB C disc memory + 1 TB D disc memory) (but running windows 7), also my connection is 40-50 mbps.

The game this is related to is C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, C&C 3 Kane's Wrath and C&C Generals: Zero Hour. (Zero Hour is cracked though as its not worth buying if I cant play multiplayer like in C&C 3 which are both bought).

Thank you for your response in advance.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)