Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Mentoring programm is still alive?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Handsome_Jack May 29 2016, 12:45 PM
Well.. so to speak.

I've been in C&C for quite a while, but didnt go further than playing with old friend and campaign mode.

Now I'm trying to get a swing on players, its been a while, BUT.

When I face a good player I just get annihilated quicker than I can even realize that it is already GG for me.

For example.

ZOCOM vs BH on Decision.

I guess you already guessed that I was a ZOCOM, cuz I'd beat him as BH.

Got a map control early, by garrisoning all buildings before cabals do so, repelling his scouts off my base.

He managed to spend for a Raider Buggy. Scouted me, probably seen ComPost and upgraded plant. I used Radar Scan on his base, and judging by x2 ref and 5 harv there is no rush possibility yet, but I build 2 preds anyway.

Started x2 airfield Ceramin HH's, he couldnt see it. Sent predators to the expansion to clear a way for MCV, killed few bikes I catched up with (probably they were going after my harvs). 2 more preds at base, and yes, he went around, my garrisons seen it, prepared with 2 more preds to deal with 6 bikes and few buggies.

When I had 10+ HH's, spotted a flame tank in the middle, shred it with bullets, but this guy had x2 AA near his harvs, so aint gonna happen.

Started to do a ground army. Tib Field rockets, + few shats and preds.

Took out his Tech Center, turns out, I've delayed the redeemer he was about to construct. Killed buncha bikes, but traded few HH's for that.

Then he made a lot of AA turrets, and started to shell my base with Specters. I couldnt even respond! He had a lot of bikes and scorps with few rocket militants.

He repelled me off my expansion, I went all in attack in the middle, forcing him to get off my expo. My forces for some weird reasons wasnt attacking what I have ordered them to attack, rendering shatts being torn up by bikes, and infantry running on 3 flame tanks. I dunno if it was a cheat, or bug, or lag, but they werent even retreating, just simply standing and dying.

This is where I have surrendered, cuz this guy demanded a spectator (his friend, obviously, no way to explain how did he know about incoming HH's without any scouting).

However, I feel that it was a lack of my expereince and my panic because of protected Specters. I really had nothing to respond with.

I have a few replays of my more... successfull gameplay expereince not against very hardened veteran (or cheating) players.

If someone is still itching to teach a noob how to play this game without getting rekt like that --- I'd be most happy.

There are few replays of today R17 and Scrin expereince. Opponent was of my level of skill, so it was atleast a fair fight.

Attached File(s)
Attached File Getting_a_bit_better.KWReplay
Size: 398.6k
Number of downloads: 85
Player Name Side Team
Jack* 0
frits 0

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2phantom9399 May 29 2016, 14:37 PM
Hey mate,

I will watch the replay some time this week and give you a full analyse of the game and tips to improve.

One tip I can think of now is when you get scouted, to switch your build as soon as you can. When he saw your command post he instantly knew you were going to go aircraft so what you could of done is built 1 airfield, send off an orca strike. Then sell the airfield and build a second war factory and spam pred/apc or Shatt/apc.

+
# 3Handsome_Jack May 29 2016, 14:48 PM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ May 29 2016, 17:37 PM) *

Hey mate,

I will watch the replay some time this week and give you a full analyse of the game and tips to improve.

One tip I can think of now is when you get scouted, to switch your build as soon as you can. When he saw your command post he instantly knew you were going to go aircraft so what you could of done is built 1 airfield, send off an orca strike. Then sell the airfield and build a second war factory and spam pred/apc or Shatt/apc.

Roger that. Btw would be rocket APC+shatts a viable strat to pull off against BH? Rocket MRT+Wolverines works well against NOD faction overall, but APC's cant repair themselves and it might cause problems of loosing them to bike hit-n-run volleys.

And thanks for the tip, again ^^

+
# 4phantom9399 May 29 2016, 15:49 PM
QUOTE(Handsome_Jack @ May 29 2016, 22:48 PM) *

Roger that. Btw would be rocket APC+shatts a viable strat to pull off against BH? Rocket MRT+Wolverines works well against NOD faction overall, but APC's cant repair themselves and it might cause problems of loosing them to bike hit-n-run volleys.

And thanks for the tip, again ^^

It would work but I don't think you will need both shatts and APC's, I would just go for one of them depending on the situation and then throw a few predators into the mix to tank some shots and crush the infantry.

If the enemy is using bikes I would go apc's over shatts because they are easier to use against bikes and ap ammo does quite a lot of damage to them.

+
# 5Handsome_Jack May 29 2016, 16:23 PM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ May 29 2016, 18:49 PM) *

It would work but I don't think you will need both shatts and APC's, I would just go for one of them depending on the situation and then throw a few predators into the mix to tank some shots and crush the infantry.

If the enemy is using bikes I would go apc's over shatts because they are easier to use against bikes and ap ammo does quite a lot of damage to them.

Well, shatts are just effective at insta killing clumped rockets squads, when even AP ammo APC's having troubles with it. Preds is a good option for a meatshield crush, seen it work just fine against NOD manspam. But dem scorps... should have been doing rocket APC's before he got his army rolling, could lure his army away from AA, where it could be torn up a bit, while saving APC's for a push. Ehh... so sad that I didnt got that before biggrin.gif Now will just practice more to become better in general. Atleast now I know what to do smile.gif

+
# 6Thanatos Jun 8 2016, 23:12 PM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ May 30 2016, 00:37 AM) *

Hey mate,

Then you'd be doing exactly what the other player wants you to do....

+
# 7Thanatos Jun 8 2016, 23:15 PM
But hey, phantom is the expert here...

+
# 8Zypherbullet Jun 9 2016, 10:21 AM
Mind games man, that's how you win biggrin.gif. It's like sending a (cloned) pocket of Nod/BH infantry with all upgrades to bait them into hammerheads and APCs and then surprise him with bike/buggy tongue.gif

Clan: FeaR

+
# 9Thanatos Jun 9 2016, 11:41 AM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Jun 9 2016, 20:21 PM) *

Mind games man, that's how you win biggrin.gif. It's like sending a (cloned) pocket of Nod/BH infantry with all upgrades to bait them into hammerheads and APCs and then surprise him with bike/buggy tongue.gif

You wanna try those "mind-games" vs me?

+
# 10Zypherbullet Jun 9 2016, 14:22 PM
QUOTE(Dimitery @ Jun 9 2016, 13:41 PM) *

You wanna try those "mind-games" vs me?

I'm already doing them smilie_naughty.gif

+
# 11Thanatos Jun 9 2016, 16:34 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Jun 10 2016, 00:22 AM) *

I'm already doing them smilie_naughty.gif

ohmy.gif

+
# 12s2nz0 Jun 9 2016, 16:45 PM
If you wish, i can help/mentor you a little in-game from time to time

I'm not the best, neither the worst.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)