Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

bushit | SpecialGuest , Ultimategladia & Anyone Wanting Nubtips

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Phoenix Apr 11 2015, 04:25 AM
This is your personal mentoring topic. Use it as needed. Be sure to first check out the details of the program. You can ask general mentoring questions in the General Questions topic. If you encounter problems with someone on your team or for any other queries, please PM me.

If you wish to extend your mentoring session beyond May 10th, you should indicate this with a post in this topic as the end of the mentoring period approaches.

Note: You are expected to be active in this topic throughout the mentoring period (until May 10th). Please make good use of this program, it's a great opportunity for everyone to have some fun and give the RotWK competitive community a boost.

Good luck & have fun guys!

Clan: Corruption of Light

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2bushit Apr 11 2015, 15:10 PM
hey gang, WHO'S READY TO LEARN? *punches self in face* Hihi guys, I believe I have all of you added on gameranger already (I'm bushit), but be sure you also add yourselves!

Thoon - 3033772

SniperLeviathan - 6148325

Murked - 1221179

Also, you are all invited into my cw clan GoF|, right now it's me and Itacharos. GoF also exists here on gamereplays, but that isn't related to our cw division really.

Never hesitate to message me on Gameranger or Gamereplays, I'll play w/ you guys/gals anytime.

This post has been edited by IceVice: Apr 11 2015, 15:35 PM

Clan: GoF|

+
# 3MuRk3d Apr 11 2015, 16:04 PM
Aw I was hoping for a good mentor!

+
# 4bushit Apr 11 2015, 16:39 PM
QUOTE(MuRk3d @ Apr 11 2015, 16:04 PM) *

eat my shorts

+
# 5Excalibur Apr 11 2015, 16:43 PM
QUOTE(MuRk3d @ Apr 11 2015, 16:04 PM) *

laugh.gif

+
# 6Muadd Apr 11 2015, 16:56 PM
Bushits as mentor will be very very interesting. Im sure the mentees will learn all the beeast strategies : D

+
# 7Brice` Apr 11 2015, 17:07 PM
rip rotwk sad.gif

Game: contributorprofiles

+
# 8Thoon Apr 12 2015, 00:20 AM
Uh, I was told there would be free food, so... the hell?

Clan: Broken Sword Legion

+
# 9bushit Apr 12 2015, 02:53 AM
Only free drinks, the tears of learning.

QUOTE(Muadd @ Apr 11 2015, 16:56 PM) *

Bushits as mentor will be very very interesting. Im sure the mentees will learn all the beeast strategies : D

You better believe it - soon forward stable will be a recognized pro strategy.

QUOTE(Brice` @ Apr 11 2015, 17:07 PM) *

rip rotwk sad.gif

tg

+
# 10bushit Apr 14 2015, 19:45 PM
hey guys, remember you can always post replays here or on replay portal and I will watch and give tips!

+
# 11Thoon Apr 14 2015, 19:50 PM
Sorry, I just came off of a 50 hour work week. Haven't had time for more than a few games every other day. I'll start posting some replays asap!

+
# 12Thoon Apr 18 2015, 05:02 AM
Here's a 3v3 where I neglected to guard my archers with pikes and allowed my allies to get swarmed.

Attached File(s)
Attached File 3v3Angmar.BfME2Replay
Size: 363.65k
Number of downloads: 44
Player Name Side Team
BlueKnight 2
Kia 1
ICU 2
RedSee 1
Thoon* 2
#PROstrat 1

+
# 13bushit Apr 18 2015, 16:13 PM
QUOTE(Thoon @ Apr 18 2015, 05:02 AM) *

Here's a 3v3 where I neglected to guard my archers with pikes and allowed my allies to get swarmed.
Yay my first replay review for you guys!

Your early game was also quite weak! Your ally helped with fast horse rush which should have helped you dominate Kia so much that he would be an afterthought, and then harass smoke and his nab snow troll start very effectively.

IPB Image

You chose a Troll Den as your 2nd PB, which you immediately upgraded to lv 2, which drastically reduced your spam and puts you on the defensive. It gives you Wolf Riders, but they are largely useless vs Angmar who can spam Pike cheaply. Never go horse vs Angmar, imo. Well, actually, some horse can be effective but don't rely too much on horse I guess especially in ang mirror. Vs other armies you can get a few horse just to force enemy to soften his army with pikes. The only armies I would suggest Wolf Rider rush vs is Men (vs gondor soldier+archer spam), maybe Elves (vs archers), and maybe Isen (wildmen spam). Snow Trolls are fairly bad anyway, can be effective in reasonable numbers...butThrall Master spam and Dark Rangers are what wins most games.

IPB Image

In Angmar Mirrors, and in many matchups, it's important to have at least 2 Halls. I like getting a fast 2nd Hall after 3 Farms and as your first unit is being summoned. Makes for a superb early game spam.

Bad unit choices: IPB Image IPB Image

Good unit choices: IPB Image + IPB Image

Spam these orcs like mad. You can mix in some Axes as you did early on, but since one opponent was supporting with Cavalry, it's better to spam orc + pike. So, start orc spam and when you see an enemy went Snow Troll, mix in a pike or two to the orc spam.

IPB Image
You also rushed Dark Rangers, which is extremely useful vs nearly every army. Good choice.

IPB Image

One of the greatest tips of rotwk: ALWAYS BE BUILDING FARMS. It would have been easier if you were not upgrading to Snow Trolls, and then lv 2 and lv3 Hall, so soon. Have your early game focus on simple spam, harassment, and farm spam. You only had 4 farms to finance your snow troll upgrade and the ranger upgrade. Pepper the back of your base with farms especially on Dead Marshes, since flanking is a great danger there. But Kia rarely separates his army so while you were safe from such an attack, take advantage of this and separate your own to attack enemy from multiple sides. You can even build farms behind his base if you see they aren't paying attention or diverting their units.

IPB Image + IPB Image +IPB Image + IPB Image

One strategy I began was purchasing the lv 2 upgrade and instantly granting Longshot access to your Rangers. Using Fellwind, you can wipe out any army, and as Kia always clumps his entire army together, you can crush him in this manner.

General Tips

• Have early game focus on constant unit production, farm creation, and farm harassment from multiple angles. Note this will mean your army will consist of thrall spam for quite some time, but you will have many units, much command points, and very resource. wow
  • Build your 2nd Hall sooner. I would even make a 3rd once you have expanded plentifully.
  • If you see enemy clumps their armies, buy lv 2 upgrade and use wind+longshot combo = gg
  • You can upgrade quickly to Dark Rangers and get away with it since they are always useful, but not so much with Snow Trolls. I pretty much never get them that's how useful other Angmar units are compared to S. Trolls.

This post has been edited by IceVice: May 22 2015, 15:49 PM

+
# 14Thoon Apr 25 2015, 02:50 AM
When are you usually on Ice?

+
# 15bushit Apr 25 2015, 05:22 AM
Nowadays I'm on very often! If you ever hop on between 11-5pm EST chances are I'm logged in. I'm on later too depending on day just log on when you can and I'm prob on smile.gif
If it's a sunny day I may log in before dark in evening, if a weekday I may be offline by evening hours. But most days you can find me logged in around noon or 2pm

This post has been edited by IceVice: Apr 25 2015, 05:26 AM

+
# 16Thoon Apr 25 2015, 17:48 PM
I work till 6pm most of the week, so I'm on later EST. I'll keep posting replays as I can either way.

+
# 17bushit Apr 25 2015, 18:07 PM
Yes pls do! It's fun to watch reps. There's a good chance I am on after 6pm as well, sometimes I see you log in and out right away!

How much monayy you bankin? Are you a pimp?

+
# 18bushit May 13 2015, 17:50 PM
nab mentees :'(

+
# 19bushit May 22 2015, 15:59 PM
Spoiler
removed Murked from mentee list, he never plays. Added SpecialGuest, as frosty is not very active.

Thoon in our 1v1 Gob Mirror:

I'll give some tips from memory so I may have left out some stuff.

IPB Image Did you have Bats on fort quickly? Very powerful on Gap of Rohan, I got them very early game. Maybe you did, I can't remember!

Unit choices: IPB Image
You had good harassment especially early game and pressured my base with cave troll support. I love seeing Cave Trolls but they are fairly easily countered by mass archers, something Gob can get very quickly. They may be more useful in 2v2 when you can help vs an opponent with weak archer support, or have an ally with horse support. Or even in this 1v1, use them to harass my farm along edges of map and gradually build up their numbers, and then go for my base.
Remember to use cave troll abilities, they are particularly useful vs goblin. IPB Image Tree will grant splash damage (good vs spam armies like mordor, gob, even dwarf in theory) and instantly kill unit trying to exit cave, which may be useful vs an unwary player. Or you can use IPB Image to instill fear in my archer spam and help your trolls flee or kill.

Forward barracks was a cool idea and I highly recommend such strategy with other armies. Pair a forward rax with a captured inn for extra power and usefulness. But...for gob it is riskier. Caves are super weak and they are already very fast and responsive with tunnels.

Goblin mirror King -IPB Image DROGOTH! He is the powerhouse in gob mirrors, as gob archers are not elite archers. You got Azog and Giants instead. Azog wasn't too useful, unless you like his money buff which is nice, as I didn't have any trolls or heroes on field, he was just hitting weak goblins all day. IPB Image are super useful vs gob but my Drogoth dealt with them easily.
this rep also shows how getting drogoth first is a great plus, as well as showing that spider rider can be very effective, even vs gob and gob cave troll.
So I'd say get Drogoth before Giants.

Harassment: Very good early to mid game, but then it tampered off, I guess bc you were upgrading to Trolls and Giants. Always send 1 unit or two to map sides and look for farm.

Farm Expansion: Pretty good, you were spamming forward tunnels very quickly, if you had a greater spam you could have taken advantage of this more. Try to hide tunnels in obscure parts of map and force me to really search for them.

This post has been edited by IceVice: May 22 2015, 16:31 PM

+
# 20Thoon May 23 2015, 02:00 AM
Good points all around. Once again I hit a wall and stopped expanding. By the middle of the match you had an impressive network of tunnels when I was down to just a few.

I wasn't expecting the trolls to fall to archers so easily. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)