# 41bushit Jun 19 2015, 21:08 PM
Ah well I can't watch those then! Gimme others

Clan: GoF|

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 43bushit Jun 20 2015, 23:54 PM
Thnx laz.

@ gobs1 replay, Special--->
  • Weren't aggressive enough, and every time you did attack it was from same direction right into Elf troops. Build tunnels near wight lair, this will give you fast access to middle of map and harass his farm from that way.
  • Spider riders were ok, keep them in groups of 3-4 battalions, they most effective then.
  • Jojo didn't really spam, upgraded super fast to mirks, that is why game lasted longer.
  • Don't make Cave Troll or Marauder imo, spam gobs like crazy then go for Giant and Fire Drake, or both. Elf sitting in front of your base but you were still getting troll and marauder --> upgrade right to Giant, they pwn Elf. Once you get Giant you can try Gorkil and Azog, keep them under giant so they level up that way. That just how I would play it, some get azog faster and mingle him with gob spam, but I find gob spam dies and heroes get left alone.
  • Use tunnel network to go around elf troops and hit farm, hit hit hit farm always with gob spam. Force elf to react and move army, don't always go right to the ground of his choosing, elves are best at camp. If spam is great enough you should be able to double isen too.

Not enough harassment/gob spam early game, target farms, don't go right into his armies, you wanna be the aggressor as gob all around map.

This post has been edited by IceVice: Jun 21 2015, 03:01 AM

+
# 44Special::Guest Jun 21 2015, 14:45 PM
Take a look at this, I surrendered coz I lost the will, anyways some advice on how to finish an opponent.

Attached File(s)
Attached File angmar.BfME2Replay
Size: 113.22k
Number of downloads: 16
Player Name Side Team
Destroyer 0
SpecialGue* 0

+
# 45TheDestroyer001 Jun 21 2015, 16:27 PM
QUOTE(Special::Guest @ Jun 21 2015, 06:45 AM) *

Take a look at this, I surrendered coz I lost the will, anyways some advice on how to finish an opponent.

1 tip I have from that game is I was able to keep building farms and lumber mills on the side areas and you pretty much never came through those ways. It would have been tough for me to go defend in multiple directions and try to save those. A single wolf rider battalion would have been a real pain for me there I think.

+
# 46bushit Jun 21 2015, 16:59 PM
QUOTE(Special::Guest @ Jun 21 2015, 14:45 PM) *

Map Control

• controlling the map means more than dominating the enemy army wise, it means spreading your units across map, taking control of neutral structures, destroying lairs for power points and cash, and attacking from multiple directions.
    You didn't send ANY units to top or bottom of map...NONE...send at least 1 pike relatively early game to kill spiderling lair, get xp, get sig fire, will help you later on. Throughout game separate 1pike/orc group from army and send them to harass farm from diff angle.

Rushing the Game

• You seemed to be rushing to win, I say this because every unit you recruited went directly down middle or vs enemy unit. Take your time with games, spread your influence across the map, meaning build farms in corners, capture structures, get lairs.
    You will find that by not sending each unit to their death but spreading them across map, your general population/CP will grow (because death rate is low) and you will have quite an impressive number of units on the field, in many places. Spamming isn't all about trying to get 1 massive army, but overwhelming your opponent with units in many places.

Unit Choice - Ang vs Isen

• Your unit choice was good, you just have to utilize them more efficiently.

This post has been edited by IceVice: Jun 21 2015, 17:04 PM

+
# 47Special::Guest Jun 22 2015, 19:58 PM
Very, very short games, since I played them vs pro.

Attached File(s)
Attached File lol.BfME2Replay
Size: 41.01k
Number of downloads: 17
Player Name Side Team
DreadReapr 0
SpecialGue* 0
Attached File lol2.BfME2Replay
Size: 70.79k
Number of downloads: 26
Player Name Side Team
SpecialGue* 0
DreadReapr 0

+
# 48bushit Jun 22 2015, 21:38 PM
I lose vs Dread too hehe, he good at spamming

i'll watch later

+
# 49bushit Jun 24 2015, 18:48 PM
Elf vs Isen:
  • horse are important
  • if isen starts clan steading, it easy for you, archer pwn them in like 2 volleys
  • Lurtz will cripple your heroes so have powers ready, other reason horses are good bc once enemy pikes are killed, you force him to retreat. Also Wildmen Summon crushed fast by horse.
  • Mirks + Horse combo rlly good, use trees on map to camo mirks + pike
  • Go for Elven Wood, many Isen go for Tainted Land -> Watcher vs Elf
I always felt it a hard mu for Isen, but depends on Elf gameplay. Many say it even. For me, I have hard time if I am Isen and hard time if I am elf.

Myself, I'm terrible with Elf and hate their gameplay, so I even lose vs nabs if I am elf.

This post has been edited by IceVice: Jun 28 2015, 03:11 AM

+
# 50Lazarus° Jun 25 2015, 17:20 PM
Here is tip for mentor: Nazguls are immune to poison.

+
# 51bushit Jun 25 2015, 19:39 PM
QUOTE(Lazarus° @ Jun 25 2015, 17:20 PM) *

Here is tip for mentor: Nazguls are immune to poison.

poop

+
# 52Special::Guest Jun 28 2015, 22:05 PM
Bump

+
# 53bushit Jul 27 2015, 23:03 PM
Special you told me other day you were usually unsure when to start upgrading as Angmar, well vs isen it can be helpful to up fast
Attached File SPECIALGUEST_Fast_Ang_upgrading_vs_Isens.BfME2Replay
Size: 312.61k
Number of downloads: 19
Player Name Side Team
BraBox 3
bushit* 1
Jason 1
TrimA 3

+
# 54Special::Guest Jul 27 2015, 23:36 PM
Thx for replay!

+
# 55Special::Guest Jul 29 2015, 12:25 PM
So yea, only positive thing is that I choose the same start as pro..
Isen v Isen

This post has been edited by Special::Guest: Jul 29 2015, 12:29 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File meh.BfME2Replay
Size: 50.62k
Number of downloads: 16
Player Name Side Team
Quickscope 0
SpecialGue* 0

+
# 56Special::Guest Jul 29 2015, 13:05 PM
More interesting game, where I didnt do so bad, but the problem is bad MU...
elves vs fat dwarf

Attached File(s)
Attached File elvesvsfat.BfME2Replay
Size: 149.7k
Number of downloads: 25
Player Name Side Team
SpecialGue* 0
Quickscope 0

+
# 57bushit Jul 29 2015, 20:13 PM
which version are these on btw? 5.0 or 5.0.1?

+
# 58Special::Guest Jul 29 2015, 20:41 PM
5.0 but I asked Blue and he said we should be able to watch V5 on 5.0.1.

+
# 59Phoenix Jul 29 2015, 20:46 PM
QUOTE(Special::Guest @ Jul 29 2015, 16:41 PM) *

5.0 but I asked Blue and he said we should be able to watch V5 on 5.0.1.

Yeah you can just switch to v5.0.0 in the patch launcher.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 60bushit Jul 29 2015, 21:27 PM
QUOTE(Special::Guest @ Jul 29 2015, 13:05 PM) *

More interesting game, where I didnt do so bad, but the problem is bad MU...
elves vs fat dwarf
  • you were doing well cuz you managed to destroy his forward mines early game, he couldn't really rush you. All he had for early rush was half a guardian batt that walked across the map and even with this he destroyed 1 farm and 3/4 of another, that is too much, be faster with your archer to defend base better
  • Dwarf also didn't get axethrower, I think they better vs elf than wagon first, they rek archers and pike. And wagon gets sniped by lego easy. And inn hobbits are kinda fail vs elf as well imo but idk. Maybe he wanted to spam men of dale wagon for fun.
  • you had a leveled lorien warrior batt, just hide them in trees where they can get good vision as they regenerate - treat them like a camo watchtower, they may catch one of dwarf builders trying to expand down the bottom. You retreated them too far away, and left them exposed
  • A great power of the Elves is camoflauge, you can have a unit set up camp in trees where you think a builder will go, just to help keep dwarf trapped. Before an engagement, always move army into trees (archers especially) if you can, a part of playing elf is fighting on grounds of your choosing since they depend on archers so much I think (and later, maybe Ent Summon, forcing enemy to react)
  • gj sniping builder with archer
  • Legolas: use hawk strike to kill clumps of units, it recharges pretty fast and it could have saved a lv2 farm. (you used it later vs clump tho)
  • if enemy is attacking structure, use all units in aggressive to defend, you had pikes in porcupine when they were not being attacked anyway so may as well increase your damage output
  • you kinda wasted Elven Wood first time, you summoned even after he summon Hobbit on your troop, they were gonna die anyway, better to save when you have mirks out in that situation. Fighting in the center as Elf, I recommend using the treeline near the river (not entering river, but sit in trees for camo).
  • I would get Glorf or Haldir before mirks, mirks die vs Brand and if unprotected by wagon/summon etc, Glorf forces enemy to make pike and can chase wagon/heroes/harass farms with splash Vs dwarf, more heroes the merrier tbh.

This post has been edited by IceVice: Jul 29 2015, 21:33 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)