Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Post Game Stats

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1qduffy Sep 20 2012, 19:19 PM
We're working on our post game stats for COH2 and we'd like to get some feedback from the community;

What did you think of the post game stats in COH? What was clear/unclear?

What kind of stats are you interested in seeing in COH2? What kind of stat categories?

What kind of stats do you think are most relevant?

What kind of stats do you think should carry the most weight in calculating a final score?

When you finish a game, what's the first thing you look for on the post game stats screen? (apart from 'Did I win?')

What kind of information do you want to see on your opponent?

How much time would you say you spend reviewing the post game screens?

If you had only three things you could display on the post game screen, what would those be? (there will be a lot more than three things obviously, but lets pretend you have to prioritize)

What's the first thing you would want to do after the post game stats screen?

Thanks in advance!

Quinn

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2Blitzkrieg' Sep 20 2012, 19:23 PM
go play a blizzard game and learn from them.

also anyone else see the pre-release stuff about coh2 on steam? looks like a dlc storm. bigger issues than post game stats are at hand here...

Clan: Reborn

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3Blechdose Sep 20 2012, 19:28 PM
Yeah, any info about "XP boost" , "Unit Boost" and "Commander Archetype" ?

You have the chance of stopping a shit storm wink.gif

+
# 4Mortality Sep 20 2012, 19:37 PM
When you finish a game, what's the first thing you look for on the post game stats screen? (apart from 'Did I win?')
- Total score of everyone

What kind of information do you want to see on your opponent?
- same as on mine

How much time would you say you spend reviewing the post game screens?
- from 0 to 15 sec

If you had only three things you could display on the post game screen, what would those be? (there will be a lot more than three things obviously, but lets pretend you have to prioritize)
1. Total score
2. infantry looses
3. infantry kills
(in longer games other might be more important)

- would be nice if you could access profile|menu easy so you can PM/view stats/invite as friend/ignore/etc... without performing a search (which in COH integrated ladder mostly do not work so you have to type every single char to whisper the guy[not that easy with innovative nicknames])

+
# 5TychoCelchuuu Sep 20 2012, 19:42 PM
It would be really good to have a stat that measures how much it would cost me to purchase, using real money or in-game XP, the units that each player used, so if someone uses a neat strategy I can figure out how much I'll have to charge my credit card to do the same thing.

+
# 6AmiPolizeiFunk Sep 20 2012, 19:42 PM
I have to admit, this post at this time is a bit odd, Quinn. Please tell me this isn't a deflection device for the repercussions of the steam pre-order deal. We're the savvy customers, remember? Can you tell us what that stuff is? I'd like to accept your offer, but frankly I don't understand what you're offering me.

What is "XP"?

What is "Unit Boost"?

What is a "Command Pass"?

Will all multiplayer maps be available to gamers that purchase the standard $59 package, for the sake of tournaments and competitions?

+
# 7Blechdose Sep 20 2012, 19:43 PM
Some graphical bars, in addition to the numbers, would be nice. Makes it quicker to get an overview and more satisfying to look at (e.g. my performance bar is longer than my opponents).

+
# 8Mortality Sep 20 2012, 19:48 PM
QUOTE(AmiPolizeiFunk @ Sep 20 2012, 21:42 PM) *

I have to admit, this post at this time is a bit odd, Quinn. Please tell me this isn't a deflection device for the repercussions of the steam pre-order deal. We're the savvy customers, remember? Can you tell us what that stuff is? I'd like to accept your offer, but frankly I don't understand what you're offering me.

What is "XP"?

What is "Unit Boost"?

Will all multiplayer maps be available to gamers that purchase the standard $59 package, for the sake of tournaments and competitions?

+1, concerned about same thing : epic

+
# 9Blitzkrieg' Sep 20 2012, 19:51 PM
Seriously this is your first post in like 6 months asking us about something and it's right after you release this steam thing that screams "throw more money at us!"

Furthermore all youve come to ask us about is post game stats? really?

I second what ami said:
__

What is "XP"?

What is "Unit Boost"?

+
# 10White_Flash Sep 20 2012, 19:53 PM
Yea i have to echo Blitz/ami, you guys are worrying the hell out of us
"I have to admit, this post at this time is a bit odd, Quinn. Please tell me this isn't a deflection device for the repercussions of the steam pre-order deal. We're the savvy customers, remember? Can you tell us what that stuff is? I'd like to accept your offer, but frankly I don't understand what you're offering me.

What is "XP"?

What is "Unit Boost"?

Will all multiplayer maps be available to gamers that purchase the standard $59 package, for the sake of tournaments and competitions?"

+
# 11THQLynx Sep 20 2012, 19:55 PM
Guys, please stay on topic, the feedback is important.

Regarding the XP boosts and unit boosts, we're not ready to go into details on these things yet, but stop worrying - these are NOT game breaking things, these will NOT give players competitive advantages. XP regards your profile rank - same sort of deal which is in place for CoH right now.

Regarding unit boost, I can confirm that none of the ‘player boosts’ mentioned in the Steam tiered reward program will provide any competitive advantage in Player-vs-player combat.

+
# 12White_Flash Sep 20 2012, 19:57 PM
thats fair but you guys cant post that stuff on steam, expect people to preorder pay for it, and not tell us what it is? post-13661-1143531603.gif

This post has been edited by White_Flash: Sep 20 2012, 20:11 PM

+
# 13xIronCrossx Sep 20 2012, 20:01 PM
QUOTE(White_Flash @ Sep 20 2012, 15:57 PM) *

thats fair but you guys cant post that stuff on steam then not tell us what it is? post-13661-1143531603.gif

Actually they can do what they want. GR doesn't belong to Relic or THQ and thus they don't have to tell us jack shit. It may sound harsh but let's get back to reality here. I would actually rather like to thank them for being so much in touch with GR. We are the biggest community, but not many other game developers/publishers really get involved like Relic/THQ is.

Anyways, for post game stats.

Basically the current one is fine, maybe add a few graphs to make it look nice. Also give the option to save them with the replay or make an ingame screenshot(that is saved to a special folder).

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 14Regret Sep 20 2012, 20:04 PM
QUOTE(THQLynx @ Sep 20 2012, 20:55 PM) *

XP regards your profile rank - same sort of deal which is in place for CoH right now.

So instead of getting rank based on your skill level as is currently in CoH, you'll just grind XP to gain ranks like most multiplayer FPS? Sorry, but please tell me I'm misunderstanding.

CoH2 is beginning to remind me of that sinking feeling in my gut when more details of what you did to DoW2 first began to emerge...

+
# 15Inverse Sep 20 2012, 20:20 PM
Levels in CoH were representations of the leaderboards. It's a fair assumption to make that there will be leaderboards in CoH2, which don't necessarily have to use levels in the sense that CoH uses levels. Relic isn't stupid.

As for end screen content, the most important part of it for 90% of the people here is replay saving. An automated replay save feature would be nice. As for statistical content, charts outlining resources would be extremely useful. Something like charts for fuel, manpower, and munitions income, as well as charts for manpower loss, army strength, stuff like that. Those kinds of tools would actually be useful for player improvement, unlike the current post-game screen, which is essentially useless in terms of gauging gameplay.

Clan: Reign of Madness

+
# 16BasilStag Sep 20 2012, 20:20 PM
>>What did you think of the post game stats in COH? What was clear/unclear?

They were good. However, I'd like to know exactly what the numbers mean... when I get "Veterancy -- 150", I have no idea what that means. When I have kills or friendly fire... are those individual units? Is it XP that's given (a sniper is worth more than a volk member)? Basically, the real significance of the stats was unclear because the numbers only gave relative significance.

>>What kind of stats are you interested in seeing in COH2? What kind of stat categories?

A mixture of some sort between the coh replay analyzer and the current coh stats page.

>>What kind of stats do you think are most relevant?

Kills, losses, friendly fire, production, veterancy, and reinforcement

>>What kind of stats do you think should carry the most weight in calculating a final score?

see above

>>When you finish a game, what's the first thing you look for on the post game stats screen? (apart from 'Did I win?')

The "total" score, whatever that means. I like seeing a single value as a rating of how I did in that game versus the other(s).

>>What kind of information do you want to see on your opponent?

Not sure I understand the question. Just the same things I would see about myself...?

>>How much time would you say you spend reviewing the post game screens?

15 seconds to a minute.

>>If you had only three things you could display on the post game screen, what would those be? (there will be a lot more than three things obviously, but lets pretend you have to prioritize)

Kills, Losses, and Final Score.

Blame luck. JK, I would want to compare my Final Score versus the other(s).

+
# 17Blitzkrieg' Sep 20 2012, 20:28 PM
You know ironcross you're right, they dont have to listen to us. they CAN do what they want, AND SO CAN WE

we're the target market for this product and it's pertinent for them to net us in so that we BUY THEIR PRODUCT. They arent here because its nice to socialize, theyre here because we represent sales.

_________

As the 'hardcore coh community (ive been playing coh for what, 6 years?) it is pertinent for us to get a sense of what we're paying for. Its not unfair to want to know what the bloody hell a unit boost is. I cant and wont buy this game if i dont know what im paying for.

Also does it not bother anyone else that this is the FIRST thing theyve asked us for direct input regarding in coh2 development, and its POST GAME STATS? If one were to build a hierarchy of things that are important in an rts game, post game stats would not be near the top.

+
# 18Trainzz Sep 20 2012, 20:33 PM
tbh.. it would be incredibly awesome to have some kind of build order overview after the game. So that you can exactly see what your opponent built and when. That is just so helpful to get build orders right, it is helpful to make out flaws and advantages of certain strategies and so many more things. Also, please make sure you attach them to the actual replay, so that you can see them after the replay as well.

As said before, maybe a small lobby where you can - if both players want to - stay and talk a bit. Just for the sake of comparing build orders or whatever. It would be incredibly cool to be able to talk about the game while having all those information right there.

So, this after-game-lobby should look like this:

- stats (unit kills, losses, and all those things that were in coh1)
- build order (includes units and buildings + the time when it happened)
- cap order (maybe like a time line so that you can see how territories were divided at each time. Just like the tac map with a rewind and everything. Also, ressources included there as well.

I know, this is kinda like a replay that is watched only in tac map, but it would help enormously. Feel free to ask about it, add something. Imo, this would be really cool and helpful.

Also, one thing I would love is that you could watch a replay with a group of, say, 8 players. It would be easy to do shoutcasts then, since everyone is at the same time, and it would be easy to review replays together.

Also, sorry that I did not stay with the original questios tongue.gif

Oh, concerning the timing of the thread.. I don't think that it really matters as they have not yet gave away anything for multiplayer. ALL of what we are talking about here are speculations so far, so it does not really surprise me, and actually makes me glad, that they ask us for feedback - even if the timing might be a bit.. confusing.

This post has been edited by Trainzz: Sep 20 2012, 20:39 PM

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 19qduffy Sep 20 2012, 20:35 PM
QUOTE(White_Flash @ Sep 20 2012, 11:53 AM) *

Yea i have to echo Blitz/ami, you guys are worrying the hell out of us
"I have to admit, this post at this time is a bit odd, Quinn. Please tell me this isn't a deflection device for the repercussions of the steam pre-order deal. We're the savvy customers, remember? Can you tell us what that stuff is? I'd like to accept your offer, but frankly I don't understand what you're offering me.

What is "XP"?

What is "Unit Boost"?

Will all multiplayer maps be available to gamers that purchase the standard $59 package, for the sake of tournaments and competitions?"

No, there's no intentional timing with the pre-order stuff. I happen to be going to Eurogamer in a few days - I've got guys who are going to be working on parts of the game and I'd like them to collate, interpret, and incorporate feedback from the community while I'm away...meeting members of the community.

I'm primarily concerned with what's happening on the development team and making a game that we'll all enjoy playing for many years.

But to allay any concerns, Bobby is right; there is no pay to win in COH2 and the core experience of COH is sacrosanct to the dev team and to me personally.

Quinn

+
# 20AmiPolizeiFunk Sep 20 2012, 20:45 PM
Are you interested in hearing about what we'd like to see with regards to "during-the-game" stats?
  • A fully realized observer mode with various statistical tabs (production, units killed, apm, resource incomes, resources spent, etc), which would be hugely useful for livestreaming events and broadcasting competitions from replays.
  • The ability to follow a player's mouse-clicks in replays, which can effectively eliminate maphacking from competitions.
  • A feature to cooperatively watch replays so that casters and observers can stay effortlessly in-synch.
  • Player options to set their status to "busy" so that they cannot be spammed with chat while trying to play a tournament match.
  • A toggle-able scoreboard with player names, factions, colors, and VPs.

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)