Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

Playing online with friends on triple monitors?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1D8V3_T Feb 14 2017, 16:28 PM
Hi all,

Have recently rekindled my love for Generals: Zero Hour and I am hooked again after playing it many many years ago, 3 of my friends are also hooked and we play free for all's most nights. Now, back when this game first came out an 800x600 resolution was fine for me because I didn't know any different but now I game with triple screens in a resolution of 5760x1080. I can set this resolution by editing the ini however when playing everything is very very zoomed in to the point that the game is unplayable! I have managed to get a mod to work that adjusts the camera height/field of view however when installing Gentools it appears to overwirte the mod and zoom me back in again.

Has anyone been able to adjust the camera height yet still use Gentools? If I can just get it to work with an edited file it wouldnt be a problem distributing that file to my friends (presuming they can still zoom back in).

Any thoughts?

David

+
# 2-Phoenix1991 Feb 14 2017, 21:14 PM
Hello and welcome to GameReplays.

Did you actually change the angle of the camera? This might help.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3xezon Feb 15 2017, 14:22 PM
Hi. GenTool was not designed with that uncommon resolution in mind. What camera height value are you using?

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 4D8V3_T Feb 16 2017, 12:16 PM
Hiya, thank you for the reply! Below are the camera setting located in INIZH.BIG file which can be found in D:\Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour.

CameraPitch = 37.5
CameraYaw = 0.0
CameraHeight = 232.0
MaxCameraHeight = 310.0
MinCameraHeight = 120.0
CameraAdjustSpeed = 0.3

Every time I change the camera height in this file the game crashes on start up (I have the Origin version of the game).

I know that Gentools was not designed for my unusual resolution but seeming as I have the 3 screens I thought I would look into whether or not I could use them!

There is a 3 screen mod I found on a website and it works perfectly when Gentools is uninstalled however when I install Gentools it cancels out the mod for some reason.

If it cant be done it cant be done but if you dont ask you dont get I suppose!

+
# 5xezon Feb 16 2017, 13:55 PM
What camera height are you using?

Clan: MENTAL

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)