CoH Replay Analyser

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 101*SUND3VIL* Mar 18 2007, 19:23 PM
Great new improvements. biggrin.gif

I love this thing. wub.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 102mwaf Mar 19 2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks Dyxtra for the new version! Nice playback mode and thanks for the unicode support.

One thing I'd like to see would be an ActionsPerMinute as well as the CPM. One that would count moving a group of three squads as one action.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 10312Gauge Mar 19 2007, 16:23 PM
Can you make it possible to copy and paste the chat log ? I have a chatlog from a replay I would love to copy and paste on a forum and while I can highlight it, I can't right-click and copy it.

Well I think your tool is fantastic thumb.gif

but it shows exactly how bad I am post-13661-1143531603.gif
Excellent tool, really!

Thanks.

This post has been edited by 12Gauge: Mar 19 2007, 16:25 PM

+
# 104burdina Mar 19 2007, 16:45 PM
Thanks Dyxtra for this amazing program.

I think there is something wrong with the command "exit building":

This post has been edited by burdina: Mar 19 2007, 16:49 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 105Dyxtra Mar 19 2007, 18:16 PM
QUOTE(mwaf @ Mar 19 2007, 09:42 AM) *

Thanks Dyxtra for the new version! Nice playback mode and thanks for the unicode support.

One thing I'd like to see would be an ActionsPerMinute as well as the CPM. One that would count moving a group of three squads as one action.

Good idea, this grouped movement tracking was something I implemented rather hastily to see if it would work, the next step is now tracking all grouped commands and then can do what you suggested.

QUOTE(12Gauge @ Mar 19 2007, 17:23 PM) *

Can you make it possible to copy and paste the chat log ? I have a chatlog from a replay I would love to copy and paste on a forum and while I can highlight it, I can't right-click and copy it.

Try CTRL+C to copy and CTRL+V to paste.

QUOTE(burdina @ Mar 19 2007, 17:45 PM) *

Thanks Dyxtra for this amazing program.

I think there is something wrong with the command "exit building":

Can you send me the replay? (e-mail is in profile) Thanks.

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 106burdina Mar 19 2007, 19:56 PM
Dyxtra, is a replay of the Golradaerīs replay pack, and it hapends with a lot of them (with mine too).

This post has been edited by burdina: Mar 19 2007, 19:57 PM

Game: Dawn of War 2

+
# 10712Gauge Mar 19 2007, 21:18 PM
Thanks for the info on CTRL-C and CTRL-V for copy and paste.

And yes I am aware that someone who programs in C++ gave me advice on something an 8 year old should know.
Seriously, the v4 Analyser is great, this is for sure helping me! Thanks again.

12GaugeFC

+
# 108Dyxtra Mar 20 2007, 18:48 PM
QUOTE(burdina @ Mar 19 2007, 20:56 PM) *

Dyxtra, is a replay of the Golradaerīs replay pack, and it hapends with a lot of them (with mine too).

Think I found what is was. When you select a unit inside a building and right-click on it, it also exits (I didn't know that), and it is a slightly different command from the unit exit when clicking on the exit button so it didn't show up in the analysis. Thanks for spotting it.

QUOTE(12Gauge @ Mar 19 2007, 22:18 PM) *

Thanks for the info on CTRL-C and CTRL-V for copy and paste.

And yes I am aware that someone who programs in C++ gave me advice on something an 8 year old should know.
Seriously, the v4 Analyser is great, this is for sure helping me! Thanks again.

12GaugeFC

Hehe, well my own instinct is also to right-click first, so maybe I should add it wink.gif

+
# 109Mamboparadise Mar 23 2007, 04:02 AM
could you make it that when you 'play' the map viewer
it highlights the orders issued on the command log in synchronization to the dots appearing on the map.
so it's easier to follow whats happening?

tx for such a great tool smile.gif

+
# 110EasyComputerOnDope Mar 24 2007, 00:38 AM
the newest version doesn't work for me, v0.3 works fine, maybe it has something to do that I'm using Vista. In v0.4 if I try to open a replay file windows says that Cohra.exe stopped working.

+
# 111Dyxtra Mar 24 2007, 14:11 PM
QUOTE(Mamboparadise @ Mar 23 2007, 05:02 AM) *

could you make it that when you 'play' the map viewer
it highlights the orders issued on the command log in synchronization to the dots appearing on the map.
so it's easier to follow whats happening?

tx for such a great tool smile.gif

That's a good idea, I wanted to make the graphics on the map view more diverse (so instead of a circle for every Special Ability, you could actually see which kind of ability was used) - linking the command log to the map view would also help with identifying the actions. I'll see what I can do.

QUOTE(EasyComputerOnDope @ Mar 24 2007, 01:38 AM) *

the newest version doesn't work for me, v0.3 works fine, maybe it has something to do that I'm using Vista. In v0.4 if I try to open a replay file windows says that Cohra.exe stopped working.

Can you try this version and see if you have the same problem?

+
# 112demonace Mar 24 2007, 23:37 PM
Not to get off topic. I was really wondering how much further you are wanting to go with the analyzer. I am in love with it since I am an RR and it lets me know where the main battles are, and what the player is doing at certain times. I was just wondering what, if anything, else is going to be implemented into your analyzer.

Thanks for this amazing tool.

demonace

+
# 113Dyxtra Mar 25 2007, 17:36 PM
QUOTE(demonace @ Mar 25 2007, 00:37 AM) *

Not to get off topic. I was really wondering how much further you are wanting to go with the analyzer. I am in love with it since I am an RR and it lets me know where the main battles are, and what the player is doing at certain times. I was just wondering what, if anything, else is going to be implemented into your analyzer.

Thanks for this amazing tool.

demonace

Unit tracking is something I'd like to add. So instead of "Player A orders an attack on a unit" you would see "Player A orders Riflemen #4 to attack Player B's Volksgrenadiers #2" or something. This would also enable command stats per unit, so you could see how often Player A's Riflemen #4 was ordered to attack or throw a grenade for example.

However because replays don't log unit info (just commands), it takes some basic emulation of COH's production and unit ID numbering to link the correct unit info to an ID. So I don't know if that will actually be possible. Fun to try though wink.gif

+
# 114Mamboparadise Mar 27 2007, 00:36 AM
QUOTE(Dyxtra @ Mar 24 2007, 09:11 AM) *

That's a good idea, I wanted to make the graphics on the map view more diverse (so instead of a circle for every Special Ability, you could actually see which kind of ability was used) - linking the command log to the map view would also help with identifying the actions. I'll see what I can do.

awesome! tx~

+
# 115Hydrogen Mar 27 2007, 01:01 AM
OMG the new map view player is TOTALLY BOSS!!!!

A couple of requests:
1) Can it be bigger? twice as big would work for my monitor. Even 50% bigger would be awesome.
2) I reeeeeeally like the way you differentiate with symbols, e.g. mines and wire are little "+" as opposed to dots. Could you take this one step further? Maybe use different shades of blue & red for mines & wire in particular? Also a different icon for bunker could be cool.

This tool is the best.

+
# 116phor Mar 27 2007, 08:25 AM
Hey,
i updated my anti virus yesterday and it said that the cohra.exe is a trojan with the name TR/Click.A.182272.B
I'm not really familiar with trojans or coding. So does this mean that a virus infected that exe? Or does it mean that in the cohra.exe is some code that makes my anti virus think that it might be harmful? Should i be worried or not?

Thanks

+
# 117The Sheriff Mar 27 2007, 14:27 PM
Just a guess but i think that you would be using Nod antivirus .
Some viral programs dont like key loggers & im presuming the analyzer is a keylogger so the answer to youre question is dont worry

+
# 118Dyxtra Mar 27 2007, 18:00 PM
QUOTE(Hydrogen @ Mar 27 2007, 03:01 AM) *

OMG the new map view player is TOTALLY BOSS!!!!

A couple of requests:
1) Can it be bigger? twice as big would work for my monitor. Even 50% bigger would be awesome.
2) I reeeeeeally like the way you differentiate with symbols, e.g. mines and wire are little "+" as opposed to dots. Could you take this one step further? Maybe use different shades of blue & red for mines & wire in particular? Also a different icon for bunker could be cool.

This tool is the best.

1) I'll probably add a resizable Map View to the next release so you can make it as big as you want.

2) Next version will have the option to show labels/text descriptions of the commands on the Map View, so you can easily see which buildings and defenses were built, and which Special Abilities were used instead of just the few shapes of the current Map View.

QUOTE(phor @ Mar 27 2007, 10:25 AM) *

Hey,
i updated my anti virus yesterday and it said that the cohra.exe is a trojan with the name TR/Click.A.182272.B
I'm not really familiar with trojans or coding. So does this mean that a virus infected that exe? Or does it mean that in the cohra.exe is some code that makes my anti virus think that it might be harmful? Should i be worried or not?

Thanks

I can only vouch for the files at http://coh.dyxtra.com since I have direct control over those, and they are absolutely virus free. If you downloaded from my site and get a warning from a virusscanner it is a false positive. There is no malicious code in my program.

This post has been edited by Dyxtra: Mar 27 2007, 18:01 PM

+
# 119mwaf Mar 27 2007, 18:53 PM
QUOTE(phor @ Mar 27 2007, 11:25 AM) *

Hey,

Thanks

Try this:
- Open the command promt (Start->Accessories->Command Prompt)
- Navigate to the directory with cohra.exe (cd c:\somewhere\on\your\computer)
- Type: md5sum cohra.exe

If the resulting line is not:
dc01d4d2c0cd417daa9b556602285710 *cohra.exe

...then your cohra.exe file has been compromised.

(The above is assuming you have 0.41)

This post has been edited by mwaf: Mar 27 2007, 18:54 PM

+
# 120phor Mar 27 2007, 22:10 PM
Allright thanks.. I redownloaded it from your page, but the problem persists. I guess its false alarm then.

mwaf: What is that md5sum command? It doesnt work in my dos-prompt. It says the command could not be found. I'm using winXP

Thanks

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)