Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Very Basic Beginners Guide to the Worldbuilder

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 21Feld Marschall Rommel Dec 27 2007, 22:23 PM
Hi! nice guide!

I tried using the world builder, but when i go to file>new then leave the sizes at default (Terrain 256 i think and play area 128 i think) it loads for awhile but then says *failed to create render window*, so i click ok, then it says *could not initialize remaining engine features*. What should i do? i really wanna make a map.

+
# 22burtondrummerNY Apr 7 2008, 01:34 AM
Hi there,
I am new to the forums, and I have come to you guys for help.

For a while now, I have been working on a map that I was hoping to be able to play. I was excited when I felt it was ready to at least try out. I saved it into C:Program Files: THQ: Company of Heroes: WW2: Data: Scenarios: MP, and loaded the game. I made sure before hand that -dev was on the target line, as specified in many other places.

To my dissapointment...it wasnt on the list of maps. sad.gif

I tried everything, and nothing has worked. Can someone help me out?
Thanks thumb.gif

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 23OnkelSam Apr 7 2008, 08:09 AM
QUOTE(burtondrummerNY @ Apr 7 2008, 03:34 AM) *

Hi there,
I am new to the forums, and I have come to you guys for help.
For a while now, I have been working on a map that I was hoping to be able to play. I was excited when I felt it was ready to at least try out. I saved it into C:Program Files: THQ: Company of Heroes: WW2: Data: Scenarios: MP, and loaded the game. I made sure before hand that -dev was on the target line, as specified in many other places.

To my dissapointment...it wasnt on the list of maps. sad.gif

I tried everything, and nothing has worked. Can someone help me out?
Thanks thumb.gif

-dev does not work anymore with the release ov 2.300...

You should try the .sga version of your map. For this simply open the map and hit "file/Export package". This will create the .sga archieve at "...\mydocuments\my games\Company of Heroes\WW2\Scenarios" ... Then just open the game with your normal shortcut. If you want to play online use the CoH-launcher, you can find in the sticky of the custom maps forum.

+
# 24HerrFlickk Apr 4 2010, 11:00 AM
Hi there all! im new here tongue.gif.

I've been searching all over the internet to get some decent and more important RECENT tutorials about the coh world builder, all I could find were these guides of 2006 wacko.gif, very frustrating since I've read multiple times that these guides are outdated (and thus useless and confusing).

So I've got this problem with a map I made, I did just like said here:
-dev does not work anymore with the release ov 2.300...

You should try the .sga version of your map. For this simply open the map and hit "file/Export package". This will create the .sga archieve at "...\mydocuments\my games\Company of Heroes\WW2\Scenarios"

I opened worldbuilder, I opened my self-made map, I hit "file", I hit "Export package". So worldbuilder tells me that is has indeed succesfully saved the map to C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\ww2\scenarios\NewScenario.sga

Then just open the game with your normal shortcut.

Well I did start the game and went to 'Skirmish' but my game was not there?

Can someone please help me as I really want to get into the map-making, but it's just to damn difficult to try and play my map folowing the 2006 guides . . . . .

please!

HerrFlickk

+
# 25pwnzerelite Apr 4 2010, 21:11 PM
I went into multiplayer then hosted a game and my map was in the list. All I did was export packadge and it was ready.

Most of the guides are still relevant, I haven't run into any problems building my map.

+
# 26HerrFlickk Apr 5 2010, 11:49 AM
lol, you were right, when you chose 'skirmish' the map doesnt show, but when you pick 'multiplayer' it does tongue.gif. Small thing, but important to know nonetheless tongue.gif thanks!

+
# 27theave8tor Nov 7 2010, 23:04 PM
Hi guys/gals,

Just wondering, can we still make maps for CoHo Online? If so, how do we submit them to relic???

Thanks!

Grant

+
# 28Tomster1001 Nov 25 2010, 19:26 PM
This might not sound so smart, but i cant find it!!!
Where should i look for the world builder, because i really want to make my own map but you cant wothout a worldbuilder!! XD

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)