Explore GameReplays...

Bad Company 2

-*New Game Idea*-

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Jaguar JS Feb 3 2018, 16:17 PM
Hello all NG's

Id like you to all take the time to hear me out on an idea i've been thinking about and would like to hear your feed back and opinions, Similar to Squad Ops type events but making it our own with changes and imput from all NG's. Aim of the game is simple but i want to make it as realistic and tactical as you and your team would like.

Listed below is the Game Rules and Description.

A&D FOB Hunting

*ALL PLAYERS GET 1 LIFES ONLY* (Although 2 lifes each while learning can b possible)

*Once Dead Everyone Will Be In Spectate Mode To Watch The Rest*

Team 1 (Defending)

- Team 1 will be defending there own built FOB within the locations of 2 normal game points (E.G Village, Refinery) only.
From leaving their main base They will be allowed 15mins building time before game goes live.
Team 1 start with 2 loaded logistics trucks to start their build and 1 light tecki for support/escourt of the loggis ONLY.
Team 1 may place their FOB wherever they feel fit aslong as its within 80M Radius of one of two location provided. Infantry must stay within 100m radius of there FOB.
(They are only allowed to respawn on the HAB for their remaining lifes.)

Once BuildTime is up Team 2 (Attacking) Can begin the Hunt, So Bunker down and hold your ground and defend your FOB kill all enemy to successfully WIN the round.

[/b]
Team 2 (Attacking)

- Team 2 will have 15min to brief, (place strategies and tactics) so all players are on the same page even if you lose your SL or Command.(use this time wisely)

Team 2 start with 2 Mraps and a Transport truck,
[They are ONLY allowed to use their other respawns/lifes on RALLY's]
(Place Rally's in good locations)
Using Teamwork and Tactics locate and assault the enemy FOB.
Destroy the enemy radio or/and kill all the enemy to successfully WIN the round.

Basic Rules;
-No Marksmen class Allowed or Optics at all.
-Defending Team NO Morters Permitted.
-No Cheating of any kind!
-In Game Coms ONLY

Probably will be more rules ETC. but for now that's the bare bones idea.. What yall think?

-Jaguar JS

This post has been edited by Jaguar JS: Feb 4 2018, 23:23 PM

+
# 2Maru Feb 3 2018, 16:36 PM
I absolutely love this idea and have wanting to participate in Squad ops type events for a long while now. I just haven't gotten around to doing Squad ops required training.

This is a nice idea instead!! Obviously we can all discuss and tweak the rules to make it run as smoothly as possible but the basics are there already to make this a really enjoyable experience.

Simple FOB attack/defend could be one game mode, and we could come up with more advanced scenarios as time goes on. I'm very interested.

Obviously if our server gets a lisence we will need to find an empty one (or maybe borrow SR's if they are nice enough to let us) OR maybe they could even join in along with 508th. I have no doubt we'd get some really decent games going.

I like the idea of limiting lives to 1 (maybe 2 or 3) very fun indeed.

Clan: New Generation

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3Zild Feb 4 2018, 18:25 PM
Sounds good. Any idea how balanced this would be? Assuming 1 life per player and equal teams, does either the attacking or the defending side have a clear advantage in Squad?

In reality the defending side would have a significant advantage and so perhaps the attacker would need multiple lives or more players. However I hear people say defending is actually harder in Squad so...?

+
# 4Jaguar JS Feb 4 2018, 22:41 PM
Good question..

I'm thinking to make it fair all round to be honest.. and im happy with One life each.
i was thinking;

No Marksmen class allowed and no optics at all.
Defending team cant use morters.
Attacking team will have 2 Mraps to use to their advantage, defending team only have loggis
Or we can scrap all vehicles (apart from one logi for defenders and one trans for attackers)

Or We could also just have the defending team starting with 6000 Build points only.

I think it depends on the team 2 strategies for attacking and team 1 build for defending that will make or break them, but thats why its so interesting not every defense design will work - not every attack plan will work so..

Theres lots of things we can do and try i think the only way to know is to test it.

This post has been edited by Jaguar JS: Feb 4 2018, 23:34 PM

+
# 5Maru Feb 7 2018, 14:04 PM
FYI this hasn't been forgotten about at all tongue.gif It's just going to take time to implement it. We should be able to borrow SR's custom server for this event.

+
# 6Jaguar JS Feb 7 2018, 21:11 PM
Thats ok mate i know things take time. But i am keen to get everyone together for a practice, thats why i think its important to hear everyone 10 pence so we know everyone happy or have any really good suggestions.

Because in a one life event everylittlething is going to be a challenge with no room for errors so even if we scraped vehicles and mortars to start with its one less thing for everbody to be worrying about. Optics are no good - 2 people with scopes killing a full squad 200m deep.

Slow is Fast on this one.

YOU GOT ONE LIFE, SO BE CAREFUL WID YO LIFE

+
# 7Maru Feb 7 2018, 22:14 PM
Yeah exactly mate, nothing wrong with gageing the opinion, I hoped more people would respond. I just said it would take a while so you didn't get disheartened. We'll get this up and running for sure.

Personally, I enjoy the 1 life slow paced events. The slower with more tactics the better.

+
# 8Zild Feb 8 2018, 10:33 AM
I think much of what I need to learn would be most easily learned in such an environment...

Personly I would keep scopes and vehicles (albeit both highly limited) as they add another important, realistic challenge to be dealt with.

Jaguar, please keep mentioning th is to people and try to encourage a few more people to share their opinions here. The forums can feel a little lonely sometimes. wink.gif

+
# 9Zild Feb 8 2018, 10:33 AM
I think much of what I need to learn would be most easily learned in such an environment...

Personly I would keep scopes and vehicles (albeit both highly limited) as they add another important, realistic challenge to be dealt with.

Jaguar, please keep mentioning th is to people and try to encourage a few more people to share their opinions here. The forums can feel a little lonely sometimes. wink.gif

+
# 10Jaguar JS Feb 8 2018, 13:25 PM
Thanks for your opinion Zild, im happy to keep vehicles just let us all know which ones you would all like and why, Im not big on the scopes tho as it wont be fair for a one life event.
Exactly its about being as realistic as we can with it and taking things slow and communicating with ur team also having fun,
I do feel like if we just had an empty server and got 12-16 people on it everyone (inculding enemy team) meet up at one of the base's under cease fire so i can speak to everybody(if that works).
Make sure everyones happy and then set up a practice to start after the brief. maybe we should invite SR in on it as its their server etc.
Im not sure how you make the game enable one life only and then once dead into spectate mode though.......

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)