Explore GameReplays...

Heroes of Newerth

Cameraman Recruitment Topic

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1kustodian Apr 12 2010, 18:29 PM
Since I've been getting a lot of PMs about our members wanting to become cameraman and help us out with our VoDs and live streaming, I created this topic so that everyone who would like to try out to become a cameraman can make a post in here.

Our cameraman/commentators will watch on this topic to help you out and possibly give you a try out as cameraman while they commentate a game.

Requirements to become a cameraman:
  • A good PC that can run the game fine at maximum details at resolution 1280x720
  • Upload speed of at least 0.7Mbps, but anything higher than 1Mpbs is recommended
  • You need to be available during weekends to cast tourney games
  • Editing software knowledge is recommended, but not mandatory

Guides on how to record:

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2Laffeman Apr 12 2010, 19:26 PM
Hey!

I am interested in cameraman work.

Got well knowledge about the game, expecting where action will be and so on.

Lively and chatty chap on ventrilo, so communication wont be a problem.

My computer can easily handle the requirements needed to be a cameraman and my internet line is a 50mbit fiber upload line.

Fairly well known with video editing (Vegas, Adobe Premiere) as I used to play around with it in the past. So know how to edit and put in some pew pew lazers on chu's wave of death, and also render videos in high quality.

Wish I could attach a video of me doing cameraman work on a replay or something. But doing it without a caster.... Would be kinda boring just to see a video of a replay and no commentating.

Got most weekdays and weekends off, as im a working nerd with not alot of stuff to do.

So hopefully I get a chance to show ya my epic skillzzz yoo.

- Laffeman

EDIT: My timezone is GMT+1 (CET). But I tend to follow american timezones more, as I just returned from there and my gf is american. So dont hesitate to contact me when its night here, you will most likely get a reponse.

This post has been edited by Laffeman: Apr 13 2010, 17:37 PM

+
# 3Bartl33t Apr 13 2010, 00:03 AM
Hey if you would be so kind as to send me a pm with your timezone I would love to set something up with you. biggrin.gif

+
# 4Con88 Apr 13 2010, 17:18 PM
I'm in a EU timezone, so you can contact me alternatively if anybody wants.

Game: Dota 2

+
# 5Laffeman Apr 13 2010, 17:38 PM
Edited my post with timezones.
Poke me on here, IRC or MSN if you want to set something up.

- Laffeman

This post has been edited by Laffeman: Apr 13 2010, 17:38 PM

+
# 6bmanzzs Apr 16 2010, 21:11 PM
I'm new to the forums but I've watched many many Heroes VODs and replays on gamereplays. I'd love to be able to be the cameraman simply because I love watching competitive HoN games. My PC is mid-top of the line and my internet connection is pretty good as well. I've done lots of editing in Vegas 7 and 8 Pro, so I know my way around that suite pretty well.

I'm in PST timezone (I live in Oregon).

If any of the casters are interested in doing a match with me, please PM me. Thanks.

I actually casted a game earlier with my brother. The camera work isn't all that great because I was more focused on commentating. I haven't gotten around to upload the rest of the parts, and I didn't realize the size limit was raised to 2GB so the quality could have also been better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awDP1YEEna4

This post has been edited by bmanzzs: Apr 16 2010, 21:14 PM

+
# 7Snoopy Apr 17 2010, 18:38 PM
QUOTE(bmanzzs @ Apr 16 2010, 16:11 PM) *

I'm new to the forums but I've watched many many Heroes VODs and replays on gamereplays. I'd love to be able to be the cameraman simply because I love watching competitive HoN games. My PC is mid-top of the line and my internet connection is pretty good as well. I've done lots of editing in Vegas 7 and 8 Pro, so I know my way around that suite pretty well.

If any of the casters are interested in doing a match with me, please PM me. Thanks.
I actually casted a game earlier with my brother. The camera work isn't all that great because I was more focused on commentating. I haven't gotten around to upload the rest of the parts, and I didn't realize the size limit was raised to 2GB so the quality could have also been better.

I liked it biggrin.gif Are both you and your brother interested?? You guys should put some more stuff up, people who can cast and record are always nice. But we can also set you up with someone to record, or commentate for you if you'd like. ( good job with the sound changing, was blowing my ears out)

+
# 8HolyFtw Apr 18 2010, 21:36 PM
i like them snoopy i think with a little bit of your guidance they shall master your wisdom.

Game: Dota 2

+
# 9Zerak-Tul Apr 19 2010, 20:10 PM
Still recruiting potential cameramen? smile.gif

+
# 10Snoopy Apr 20 2010, 00:48 AM
QUOTE(Zerak-Tul @ Apr 19 2010, 15:10 PM) *

Still recruiting potential cameramen? smile.gif

Of course biggrin.gif
we always are

+
# 12Smurftang Apr 20 2010, 21:29 PM
Hello biggrin.gif

I would love to be given the chance to do some camerawork for you guys, I enjoy the game alot and have some knowledge on where/when things 'may' occur.

My comp is mid ranged with a decent UK connection so I should be able to deal with everything that is required.

I've been playing another game on the internet for awhile now so i'm familiar with programmes like Ventrilo, often you can't shut me up tongue.gif.

Weekends are generally when i'll see my girlfriend but shes knows the sort of nerd shes dating so i'll have no problem being able to hon related things.

I'm GMT but tend to play games with americans rather than europeans so timezones shouldnt be a problem for me.

Give me a PM or something if you'd like to show me the ropes and thanks for your time.

Smurftang x

+
# 13Snoopy Apr 20 2010, 23:57 PM
QUOTE(Zerak-Tul @ Apr 20 2010, 05:37 AM) *

I liked it biggrin.gif Good job, I'll make a post in the staff room and see if I can get a caster to PM you. What timezone are you in???

QUOTE(Smurftang @ Apr 20 2010, 16:29 PM) *

Hello biggrin.gif

I would love to be given the chance to do some camerawork for you guys, I enjoy the game alot and have some knowledge on where/when things 'may' occur.

My comp is mid ranged with a decent UK connection so I should be able to deal with everything that is required.

I've been playing another game on the internet for awhile now so i'm familiar with programmes like Ventrilo, often you can't shut me up tongue.gif.

Weekends are generally when i'll see my girlfriend but shes knows the sort of nerd shes dating so i'll have no problem being able to hon related things.

I'm GMT but tend to play games with americans rather than europeans so timezones shouldnt be a problem for me.

Give me a PM or something if you'd like to show me the ropes and thanks for your time.

Smurftang x

Do you have a quick sample of anything you've done??? If you want to see how we do our videos check out Calneon's guide on making quality videos

QUOTE(bmanzzs @ Apr 16 2010, 16:11 PM) *

I'll also include you in my forum post, You live in a timezone with a few of our casters which is good biggrin.gif (I'm EST, so those bastards always keep me up late)

This post has been edited by sn00py2gos: Apr 20 2010, 23:59 PM

+
# 14Zerak-Tul Apr 21 2010, 06:55 AM
QUOTE(sn00py2gos @ Apr 21 2010, 00:57 AM) *

I liked it biggrin.gif Good job, I'll make a post in the staff room and see if I can get a caster to PM you. What timezone are you in???

CET+1 smile.gif

+
# 15TheCapitalist Apr 21 2010, 22:01 PM
Contacted Bmannz and Zerak-tul per the lovely Snoopy's instructions. Tested out Zerak already, going to upload the vod soon. Bmannzz should be on soon.

+
# 16Smurftang Apr 23 2010, 01:31 AM
Okay thanks for the tip, i'll try and upload a video of myself soon smile.gif

+
# 17Snoopy Apr 24 2010, 00:55 AM
QUOTE(Smurftang @ Apr 22 2010, 20:31 PM) *

Okay thanks for the tip, i'll try and upload a video of myself soon smile.gif

?? Your not gonna be naked right???... like... we want to see HoN? biggrin.gif

+
# 18janpetterdale Apr 24 2010, 01:52 AM
Heya.

I've been following your work on the Heroes of Newerth tournaments for the past months. Great work casting and filming the matches.

I would like to join the gamereplays.org service as a cameraman to further improve gamereplays.org and
HoN in the years to come.

My timezone is GMT+1, but in the weekends I am flexible to accommodate US hours if necessary.
Connection is 10Mbit upload, so uploading to youtube should go fairly fast. My computer is by far good
enough to run 1280x1024, unfortunately my monitor does not support that low resolution. Due to this I
usually record in 1680x1050 in 30fps. Youtube does not have any problem showing a 720p movie with
this format though.

I just did some recording from this match: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=607074
using the audio file. It turned out like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0iXdv2hF8w

Editing the movie before youtube uploading is not a problem.

If you still need a cameraman and like what you see, gimme a call.

This post has been edited by janpetterdale: Apr 24 2010, 01:53 AM

+
# 19Snoopy Apr 24 2010, 05:17 AM
QUOTE(janpetterdale @ Apr 23 2010, 20:52 PM) *

Heya.

I've been following your work on the Heroes of Newerth tournaments for the past months. Great work casting and filming the matches.

I would like to join the gamereplays.org service as a cameraman to further improve gamereplays.org and
HoN in the years to come.

My timezone is GMT+1, but in the weekends I am flexible to accommodate US hours if necessary.
Connection is 10Mbit upload, so uploading to youtube should go fairly fast. My computer is by far good
enough to run 1280x1024, unfortunately my monitor does not support that low resolution. Due to this I
usually record in 1680x1050 in 30fps. Youtube does not have any problem showing a 720p movie with
this format though.

I just did some recording from this match: http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...howtopic=607074
using the audio file. It turned out like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0iXdv2hF8w

Editing the movie before youtube uploading is not a problem.

If you still need a cameraman and like what you see, gimme a call.

You can't record in 1080x720?? That's what we record in, it will give the best quality when scaled to 720p

+
# 20janpetterdale Apr 24 2010, 08:00 AM
I tested again and 1280x720 works. Dunno why it would not work earlier.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)