Explore GameReplays...

World in Conflict

Repair Tanks

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1xFactor Oct 8 2007, 00:04 AM
Repair Tanks

IPB Image

Todays Tip of the Day is about one of the most underused units that the support player
has in his arsenal, The Repair Tank.There are many wonderful upsides with minimal downsides. This unit has very strong armor but has no weapon to fire. But instead of firepower it shines in supporting any units(except for infantry)

IPB Image

The repair tank has two great special abilities. The first ability is Emergency Repairs. This ability can almost completely repair any vehicle within a second. This special ability can change the tide of a tank battle, repair the lone fighting AA holding off hordes of Air, or insta-repair that much needed helicopter. It also gives tons of TA every time it is used. The second special ability is Field Repairs. This ability self repairs your repair tank. This is extremely helpfully keeping your unit alive and it will be able to repair another day. Another extremely useful attribute of the repair tank is that it can auto repair units when your allies place there units next to it. This is invaluable to your Air player since you can leave a stationary repair tank to repair his units while you bring in plenty of TA.

IPB Image

While using your repair tank you must be aggressive in repairing. It would be much better to lose your repair tank than for your team to lose a heavy tank. Microing your repairing tank is very important. In any urban areas it is vital to hide your repair tank from enemy fire but being able to repair your allied players when needed.

By: EL ReY

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2Vesuvius Oct 8 2007, 01:01 AM
the most underused units

I don't know that I would call it underused. People happily repair themselves into the top ranks.

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 3NightBane Oct 8 2007, 01:18 AM
Nice tip Elrey thum.gif

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 4StiL ReY Oct 8 2007, 01:34 AM
I don't know that I would call it underused. People happily repair themselves into the top ranks.

Well I wrote this before retail even came out so now Repair Tanks seem to be used much more commonly.

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 5jdun Oct 8 2007, 02:40 AM
I report anyone that have pure repair trunk. I lost one game in a very close match against highly skilled players. Unfortunately for our team we had one repair whore and that is all that is needed to lose the game. Useless players and I consider them cheaters. We were 8-7 but with the repair whore it became 8-6.

Honestly I think they should just take that unit out of the game.

This post has been edited by jdun: Oct 8 2007, 03:52 AM

+
# 6StiL ReY Oct 8 2007, 03:44 AM
Well taking it out of the game is just way to extreme. The Repair Tank has many uses and it requires the most teamwork out of almost any unit in the game if used properly tbh. The aspect of repairing is vital in games and when used properly can be the determining factor since it heals armor and helis letting them gain veterancy and become far more potent.

+
# 7jdun Oct 8 2007, 03:52 AM
You look at the ladder. The top players are all repair whores. They have no skill. I personally don't like repair/heal. It slow the game down.

+
# 8Margob Oct 11 2007, 18:45 PM
Atleast it is fixed now with the patch.

And don't forget that you can always initiate a kick vote smile.gif

Game: Soulstorm

+
# 9StiL ReY Oct 11 2007, 22:02 PM
Fixed in a way. It can still be abused and still gives plenty of TA and points post-13661-1143531603.gif

+

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)