Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

Generals 1.9 - Opinions/help

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ScOtSmAn Apr 25 2021, 20:32 PM
Patch 1.9 - Re-launching the game

Some of this might already be fixed by gentool I'm not sure.. but these are the relevant bugs,... slight gameplay changes I propose we make.. this is in an effort to make the game more attractive to prospective players past and present and then hopefully the news of a patch would spark some interest again. I don't want to change the meta or balance as I feel CCG is pretty good. So the changes are truly minimal and seek mostly to fix most of the bugs, especially box trick - Which I feel is really one of the most unattractive things about the game.

Remove box trick
Tunnel Network evacuation bug
Tunnel Network weapon bug
Patriot Battery weapon bug
Gattling Cannon weapon bug
Scud Storm weapon bug
China dozer turn rate increased - From 90 to 110 (normal) and from 60 to 70 (damaged/red).
Gattling Tank cooldown time decreased - From 2000ms to 1400ms.
CC scan for the USA
Moving a chinook outside the map
And Adding several new maps to the official map pool
Workers getting crazy and not rebuilding the "supply center" (forgot the correct name) if the only one you have gets destroyed
Making units from scaffold buildings

Fixes for these bugs are courtesy of White Knight and help found on discord

code...

File : Upgrade.INI

Append to File...

CODE
Upgrade Upgrade_BugFix
End

TUNNEL NETWORK EVACUATION BUG

File : CommandButton.INI

Append to File...

CODE
CommandButton Command_TunnelEvacuate
  Command           = EVACUATE
  ButtonImage       = SSEvacButton
  ButtonBorderType  = SYSTEM
  TextLabel         = CONTROLBAR:Evacuate
  DescriptLabel     = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipEvacuate
End

File : CommandSet.INI

Modify Entry...

CODE
CommandSet GLATunnelNetworkCommandSet
  11 = Command_TunnelEvacuate
End

Zero Hour note : This is already employed in ZH.

PATRIOT/GATTLING/TUNNEL WEAPON BUG

I will exemplify the Patriot only, the Gattling & Tunnel use exactly the same method. Be sure to copy the existing data from the other objects' WeaponSets (as opposed to pasting the Patriot code to the Gattling/Tunnel).

File : FactionBuilding.INI

Each of these need attention...

AmericaPatriotBattery
ChinaGattlingCannon
GLATunnelNetwork

Modify Entry...

CODE
  WeaponSet
    Conditions = None
    Weapon              = PRIMARY     None
    Weapon              = SECONDARY   None
    Weapon              = TERTIARY    None
  End
  WeaponSet
    Conditions = PLAYER_UPGRADE
    Weapon              = PRIMARY     PatriotMissileWeapon
    Weapon              = SECONDARY   PatriotMissileAssistWeapon
    Weapon              = TERTIARY    PatriotMissileWeaponAir
    AutoChooseSources   = PRIMARY     FROM_PLAYER FROM_AI FROM_SCRIPT
    AutoChooseSources   = SECONDARY   NONE
    AutoChooseSources   = TERTIARY    FROM_PLAYER FROM_AI FROM_SCRIPT  
    PreferredAgainst    = PRIMARY     VEHICLE INFANTRY
    PreferredAgainst    = SECONDARY   BALLISTIC_MISSILE AIRCRAFT
    PreferredAgainst    = TERTIARY    BALLISTIC_MISSILE AIRCRAFT
    ShareWeaponReloadTime = Yes
  End

Append to Object...

CODE
  Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate Upgrade
    UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_BugFix
    ExemptStatus   = UNDER_CONSTRUCTION
  End

Behavior = WeaponSetUpgrade WeaponSet
    TriggeredBy    = Upgrade_BugFix
  End

Zero Hour note : Constructions cannot fire, bug is therefore not possible in ZH.

SCUD STORM WEAPON BUG

File : FactionBuilding.INI

Modify Entries for GLAScudStorm...

CODE
  ProjectileBoneFeedbackEnabledSlots = SECONDARY

WeaponLaunchBone = SECONDARY WeaponA
; Find/replace all instances of "WeaponLaunchBone = PRIMARY WeaponA"
; Only ScudStorm has this code, so it is safe to search the entire file.

WeaponSet
    Conditions = None
    Weapon            = PRIMARY   None
    Weapon            = SECONDARY ScudStormWeapon
    AutoChooseSources = PRIMARY   None
    AutoChooseSources = SECONDARY None
  End

File : ObjectCreationList.INI

Modify Entry for SUPERWEAPON_ScudStorm...

CODE
WeaponSlot = SECONDARY

File : Weapon.INI

Modify Entry for ScudStormWeapon...

CODE
ClipReloadTime = 292500

Zero Hour note : Same code prevents Scud Bug.

Mod Note : The "Tomahawk Missile Launcher" is also exploitable, this code will prevent such.

In addition, this is a fix for the Supply Drop Zone Bug that affects Zero Hour...

I don't know where the exact problem lies, but it's certainly something to do with the OCLUpdate module, its timer logic and how it's affected by the disabled status during construction. It affects Generals too, but for whatever reason the OCLUpdate occurs only after the given time, not immediately after being constructed like in ZH, therefore it is not exploitable.

For Object SupplyDropZone (and all other replica copies as per each America General), the following is required as an addition to its code...

CODE
  Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate Upgrade
    UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_BugFix
    ExemptStatus   = UNDER_CONSTRUCTION
  End
  Behavior = ObjectCreationUpgrade OCU
    TriggeredBy    = Upgrade_BugFix
    UpgradeObject  = OCL_SDZFix
  End

Behavior = HelixContain Contain
    Slots                = 1
    DamagePercentToUnits = 100%
    AllowInsideKindOf    = PORTABLE_STRUCTURE
  End

Behavior = OCLUpdate CrateDrop
    MinDelay     = 120000
    MaxDelay     = 120000
  End

The original OCLUpdate module must remain but the actual OCL itself needs removing. This is a dummy version that enables the CommandSet to show the timer.

The contained passenger will spawn the OCL instead (this can be appended to FactionBuilding.INI or be placed into its own INI file within the Object directory)...

CODE
Object SDZFix

KindOf = PORTABLE_STRUCTURE CLICK_THROUGH IGNORED_IN_GUI

TransportSlotCount = 1

ArmorSet
    Conditions = None
    Armor            = InvulnerableAllArmor
  End

Body = StructureBody Body
    MaxHealth        = 100
    InitialHealth    = 100
  End

Behavior = OCLUpdate CrateDrop
    OCL              = OCL_AmericaSupplyDropZoneCrateDrop
    MinDelay         = 120000
    MaxDelay         = 120000
    CreateAtEdge     = Yes
  End

Behavior = DestroyDie Die
  End

End

The OCL that will spawn the object into the SDZ...

CODE
ObjectCreationList OCL_SDZFix
  CreateObject
    ObjectNames      = SDZFix
    ContainInsideSourceObject = Yes
  End
End

And of course the dummy upgrade...

CODE
Upgrade Upgrade_BugFix
End

box trick (idk if this will work but it was suggested to me)

CODE
SHOW_PORTRAIT_WHEN_CONTROLLED may not show what unit is selected
but not mitigate the fact that itö been selected

I'm looking for help and support to make this patch happen. My hope being it will be a spark for a new generation of generals.

This post has been edited by ScOtSmAn: Apr 27 2021, 09:08 AM

Clan: iWuB

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2Murder- Apr 25 2021, 20:56 PM

Doesn't this actually make the gat tank stronger?

I'll help you out. smile.gif

Clan: Digital Militia

+
# 3ScOtSmAn Apr 25 2021, 20:59 PM
QUOTE(Murder- @ Apr 25 2021, 21:56 PM) *

Doesn't this actually make the gat tank stronger?

I'll help you out. smile.gif

nah, its like it coolsdown quicker so u have to micro it better the spin wont stay full speed for as long smile.gif

+
# 4Peralva Apr 27 2021, 01:54 AM
1 - What's gattling cooldown?
2 - If boxtrick gets removed, random armies should always be revealed (currently it works on Revora, but not on Gameranger)
3 - Some other bugs that could be fixed:
.a - Moving a chinook outside the map
.b - Double damage force fire
.c - Cleaning toxin/radiation by shooting another toxin attack on the ground (this could cause balance issues though)
.d - Not sure if its ZH exclusive, but do Nuke Cannons double shot when an Overlord with Propaganda Tower gets close to them?
.e - Workers getting crazy and not rebuilding the "supply center" (forgot the correct name) if the only one you have gets destroyed
.f - Making units from scaffold buildings
.g- If you can fix maps:
...I - Twilight Flame: the bottom right oils cannot be destroyed by a single upgraded bomb truck, while others can. Either make them all far enough to not be destroyed by one bomb truck or make the bottom right oils closer
...II - Change the spots from the top team a bit to the top, currently they take longer than bottom team to reach the oils
...III - Fallen Empire: this would change the gameplay a bit, but could the supply docks on base be moved a bit away from the middle, so Quads and Gattlings can't shoot chinooks from outside the base?
.h - Workers not being able to be killed when building a tunnel
4 - What's the fix for 'CC scan for the USA'?
5 - "China dozer turn rate increased" - True, china dozers are annoying, but couldn't this make them stronger on early game?
6 - Fix some scaffold building abuses, like placing them to prevent enemies from building or shooting somewhere

This post has been edited by Peralva: Apr 27 2021, 05:54 AM

+
# 5ScOtSmAn Apr 27 2021, 09:06 AM
QUOTE(Peralva @ Apr 27 2021, 02:54 AM) *

1 - What's gattling cooldown?

When gats keep firing really quickly and it owns everything, make the cooldown quicker so the continuous fire won't completely destroy everything if there is more than 1 target. Basically.

2 - If boxtrick gets removed, random armies should always be revealed (currently it works on Revora, but not on Gameranger)

I didn't know that, not sure how to fix it does it work on ZH?

3 - Some other bugs that could be fixed:
.a - Moving a chinook outside the map

I think this can be fixed by editing the map boundaries(maybe) I don't know much about that bug but it sounds like it's probably fixable.

.b - Double damage force fire

As mentioned on discord, I think this could affect balance too much in UvC. It also is a bug that doesn't give anyone any advantage(unless the other player doesn't know about it ofc). So I'm not 100% sure on this one.

.c - Cleaning toxin/radiation by shooting another toxin attack on the ground (this could cause balance issues though)
How does this affect balance? I'm not sure really how this could be fixed I never really see it happen either tongue.gif

.d - Not sure if its ZH exclusive, but do Nuke Cannons double shot when an Overlord with Propaganda Tower gets close to them?
No idea so I assume not. lol

.e - Workers getting crazy and not rebuilding the "supply center" (forgot the correct name) if the only one you have gets destroyed
Yeah this needs to be fixed. One of the most annoying things ever.

.f - Making units from scaffold buildings
Ye what? laugh.gif

.g- If you can fix maps:
...I - Twilight Flame: the bottom right oils cannot be destroyed by a single upgraded bomb truck, while others can. Either make them all far enough to not be destroyed by one bomb truck or make the bottom right oils closer
...II - Change the spots from the top team a bit to the top, currently they take longer than bottom team to reach the oils
...III - Fallen Empire: this would change the gameplay a bit, but could the supply docks on base be moved a bit away from the middle, so Quads and Gattlings can't shoot chinooks from outside the base?

Krew is working on this and has been addressing the maps. Did you check any of them out?

When can they not be killed? Never experienced this

4 - What's the fix for 'CC scan for the USA'?
Gives USA the scan at start, 1 scan to help balance early game. Not a major thing just added it as it was something almost everyone agreed on in the past.

5 - "China dozer turn rate increased" - True, china dozers are annoying, but couldn't this make them stronger on early game?
Not overly I'd say as it only gets stupid sometimes, just less annoying for the player.

6 - Fix some scaffold building abuses, like placing them to prevent enemies from building or shooting somewhere.
I'm not sure how this could really be fixed without completely changing the way the game works i.e making it so you can only build next to buildings like other C&Cs.

+
# 6ScOtSmAn Apr 27 2021, 13:53 PM
If we go ahead should we attempt to make some units slightly more useful?

I.e
Inferno cannons - weak and expensive
Stealths - weak and expensive
Hijackers - have some use but easy countered, perhaps make them either always invisible - Or really cheap and spamable -
Raptors - price reduction and build time and then I think that would make them really nice
Quads - a tiny barely noticeable boost to them just enough to improve effectiveness against USA/China air
Marauder - fix the turret behaviour so it rotates

This post has been edited by ScOtSmAn: Apr 27 2021, 13:57 PM

+
# 7Murder- Apr 27 2021, 16:59 PM
QUOTE(Peralva @ Apr 27 2021, 03:54 AM) *

Peralva press attack move (A) on the tunnel. The unit will automatically aim the worker and kill it. This is not something that should be implemented for a patch. Just lack of knowledge (i guess). tongue.gif

QUOTE(ScOtSmAn @ Apr 27 2021, 15:53 PM) *

If we go ahead should we attempt to make some units slightly more useful?

I.e
Inferno cannons - weak and expensive
Stealths - weak and expensive
Hijackers - have some use but easy countered, perhaps make them either always invisible - Or really cheap and spamable -
Raptors - price reduction and build time and then I think that would make them really nice
Quads - a tiny barely noticeable boost to them just enough to improve effectiveness against USA/China air
Marauder - fix the turret behaviour so it rotates

If you make inferno's powerful, China's lategame against GLA becomes pretty overpowered. The only thing I would do to Inferno's is maybe lower their price for like: $900 --> $700.
If Hijackers become invisible, GLA's late and early game becomes pretty overpowered.
Raptors: I agree.
Quads: I disagree. This will swing China vs GLA late game into state of useless for China. A buff to inferno's wouldn't even help. Because China's sole winning chances MiGs are countered easily. Only applying a slight buff to Inferno's costs seems like a better improvement imo. GLA has no problems with USA Air. Quads do fine in these matchups.
Marauder: I agree.

+
# 8Peralva Apr 27 2021, 17:37 PM
"How does this affect balance? I'm not sure really how this could be fixed I never really see it happen either"

By fixing this the antrax bomb will be much better. Not sure if people on CCG do this trick, but it's quite popular on ZH.

"Ye what?"

Check General Discussion on January 2008. I posted a topic about it but you set it invisible. HOW DID YOU FORGET???

"When can they not be killed? Never experienced this "
It is possible to place a build in a way that the worker can't be locked down whiles building. I'm not sure if this happens only with tunnels or not.

"Gives USA the scan at start, 1 scan to help balance early game. Not a major thing just added it as it was something almost everyone agreed on in the past."

Why only USA then? Why not give all armies some kind of inicial scan on early game?

"If we go ahead should we attempt to make some units slightly more useful? "
What about not changing meta? ¨¨

+
# 9ScOtSmAn Apr 27 2021, 17:47 PM
QUOTE(Murder- @ Apr 27 2021, 17:59 PM) *

Peralva press attack move (A) on the tunnel. The unit will automatically aim the worker and kill it. This is not something that should be implemented for a patch. Just lack of knowledge (i guess). tongue.gif
If you make inferno's powerful, China's lategame against GLA becomes pretty overpowered. The only thing I would do to Inferno's is maybe lower their price for like: $900 --> $700.
If Hijackers become invisible, GLA's late and early game becomes pretty overpowered.
Raptors: I agree.
Quads: I disagree. This will swing China vs GLA late game into state of useless for China. A buff to inferno's wouldn't even help. Because China's sole winning chances MiGs are countered easily. Only applying a slight buff to Inferno's costs seems like a better improvement imo. GLA has no problems with USA Air. Quads do fine in these matchups.
Marauder: I agree.

Guard mode also works!

Infernos are useless at any cost tho laugh.gif

IMO yeah maybe if they are cheap and spammed they would be used I guess.

Highslackers should be super cheap or invisible all the time wouldnít make them OP just useable IMO, but it can be tested and addressed like everything we could tweak to make sure the changes are minimal and not going to drastically change balance.

With quads maybe make AP bullets available arms dealer?

Any patch before being released would be tested by best available players of the factions like id get you and squaak to spam some UvG etc

+
# 10ScOtSmAn Apr 27 2021, 18:01 PM
QUOTE(Peralva @ Apr 27 2021, 18:37 PM) *

"How does this affect balance? I'm not sure really how this could be fixed I never really see it happen either"

By fixing this the antrax bomb will be much better. Not sure if people on CCG do this trick, but it's quite popular on ZH.

"Ye what?"

Check General Discussion on January 2008. I posted a topic about it but you set it invisible. HOW DID YOU FORGET???

"When can they not be killed? Never experienced this "
It is possible to place a build in a way that the worker can't be locked down whiles building. I'm not sure if this happens only with tunnels or not.

"Gives USA the scan at start, 1 scan to help balance early game. Not a major thing just added it as it was something almost everyone agreed on in the past."

Why only USA then? Why not give all armies some kind of inicial scan on early game?

"If we go ahead should we attempt to make some units slightly more useful? "
What about not changing meta? ¨¨

Think it wouldnít be so bad some minor changes. Making some units that donít get used often enough because of severe uselessness slightly more useful wonít change anything just give people a tiny bit more variety tongue.gif games should still play the same and have the same counters by the time we are done - itís all theoretical just now and the main focus will be bug fixing Iíll take a look at that topic from 13 years ago I do vaguely remember what you are talking about whistling.gif

+
# 11krew Apr 27 2021, 18:23 PM
If we're gonna do this, we might as well go all the way and do it right. I for one would be exclusively playing this new patch if such patch has future support from the creators. No matter if its the community or a studio, if they continue to support it, i'll play it.

Obviously I'll be the map guy. Anything to do with maps, I'll support. The foundations of rebalance and improvement of the official maps has already started for a while now. As we test them, ill make any changes needed. Further more, my new 4v4 maps is ready for retesting. Some of the 1v1 maps have bugged towers (you cant clear them out or destroy them) so they are not all ready yet. And the official testing of the 2v2 maps is coming up soon with the tourney.

As for the changes. I think a lot can be done. Mainly, many units can finally see the day they become useful. I would also rework the gen points. Many of them never get used. zh 1.06 fixed this wonderfully. I would check that out.

Lets go down the list of things i would like to see improved personally.

GLA

-Scud launcher unit easier to build from gen point menu

-Marauder tank turret rotation added, as well as easier to build from genpoint menu

-Hijacker improvement as well as easier to build from genpoint menu. full stealth would be nice, but has a longer build time. 45-60 seconds?

-Angry Maps could see some sort of improvement. Perhaps a bit of a faster run speed? would make GvG less head ache to clear tunnel spam better.

-quads should probably be improved somehow. I think they build far too slow. Perhaps a faster build time, but increased in price? that would be better. Furth more, the bug of when you lose your vet bonus when you scrap them could be re worked. An uber quad should be uber, but not That uber. Maybe an adjustment to how much bonus stats these quads get for scrap and leveling up get.

-Anthrax clearing bug should be fixed. I hate that they are useless in gvg if enemy tox units are around.

CHINA

-Infernos should actually build faster. Or maybe build cheaper. Currently useless.

-Gat down defense structure is far to expensive. I think lower them to 1000 is better.

-Hackers should be improved. Perhaps cheaper to make. They cant compare to usa and china late game eco.

-I think China Battle Masters should be cheaper. They are literally useless outside of CVC. Plus we don't have enough Tank battles, which are the best to play and watch. We should Test to see if 600 or 700 to build would be better. Maybe faster build speed instead of cheaper price would be better. Maybe both. Who knows yet.

-The uranium and nuke speed upgrade should be placed to the prop and NOT require the super weapon. Nationalism upgrade should take way less time to make. Take too long, and also, might need a price reduction. We never see it. OR we could have NOT require the prop center.

USA

-Raptors need to build faster and/or cost less. They would make great support units to ground armies.

-Stealth jets could be a direct one shot counter to gat,quads,homevee OR just the home vee. Keep them expensive with their build time. one of those two depending on the balance. Should be easier to make from genpoint menu as well.

-Crusader tank needs a huge buff. It's so useless in every match up. More health, and faster build time imo.

Ambo should cost way less. 500? maybe 400?

Hold the line could use a buff. Same for bombardment. But unsure about this one. They are never used though, and that's not good. Would be cool if we could balance the game so well, that it would be situational on which you need.

General:

I think keeping CC should be a viable build order while selling CC give you high risk high reward.

Genpoints need reworking really bad.

These opinion changes without a doubt create new imbalances, but we can adjust and change as we see fit. But there are a lot of units and upgrades that are useless, and we should change that.

Game: Generals 2

+
# 12ScOtSmAn Apr 27 2021, 19:02 PM
QUOTE(krew @ Apr 27 2021, 19:23 PM) *

If we're gonna do this, we might as well go all the way and do it right. I for one would be exclusively playing this new patch if such patch has future support from the creators. No matter if its the community or a studio, if they continue to support it, i'll play it.

Obviously I'll be the map guy. Anything to do with maps, I'll support. The foundations of rebalance and improvement of the official maps has already started for a while now. As we test them, ill make any changes needed. Further more, my new 4v4 maps is ready for retesting. Some of the 1v1 maps have bugged towers (you cant clear them out or destroy them) so they are not all ready yet. And the official testing of the 2v2 maps is coming up soon with the tourney.

As for the changes. I think a lot can be done. Mainly, many units can finally see the day they become useful. I would also rework the gen points. Many of them never get used. zh 1.06 fixed this wonderfully. I would check that out.

Lets go down the list of things i would like to see improved personally.

GLA

-Scud launcher unit easier to build from gen point menu

-Marauder tank turret rotation added, as well as easier to build from genpoint menu

-Hijacker improvement as well as easier to build from genpoint menu. full stealth would be nice, but has a longer build time. 45-60 seconds?

-Angry Maps could see some sort of improvement. Perhaps a bit of a faster run speed? would make GvG less head ache to clear tunnel spam better.

-quads should probably be improved somehow. I think they build far too slow. Perhaps a faster build time, but increased in price? that would be better. Furth more, the bug of when you lose your vet bonus when you scrap them could be re worked. An uber quad should be uber, but not That uber. Maybe an adjustment to how much bonus stats these quads get for scrap and leveling up get.

-Anthrax clearing bug should be fixed. I hate that they are useless in gvg if enemy tox units are around.
CHINA

-Infernos should actually build faster. Or maybe build cheaper. Currently useless.

-Gat down defense structure is far to expensive. I think lower them to 1000 is better.

-Hackers should be improved. Perhaps cheaper to make. They cant compare to usa and china late game eco.

-I think China Battle Masters should be cheaper. They are literally useless outside of CVC. Plus we don't have enough Tank battles, which are the best to play and watch. We should Test to see if 600 or 700 to build would be better. Maybe faster build speed instead of cheaper price would be better. Maybe both. Who knows yet.

-The uranium and nuke speed upgrade should be placed to the prop and NOT require the super weapon. Nationalism upgrade should take way less time to make. Take too long, and also, might need a price reduction. We never see it. OR we could have NOT require the prop center.

USA

-Raptors need to build faster and/or cost less. They would make great support units to ground armies.

-Stealth jets could be a direct one shot counter to gat,quads,homevee OR just the home vee. Keep them expensive with their build time. one of those two depending on the balance. Should be easier to make from genpoint menu as well.

-Crusader tank needs a huge buff. It's so useless in every match up. More health, and faster build time imo.

Ambo should cost way less. 500? maybe 400?

Hold the line could use a buff. Same for bombardment. But unsure about this one. They are never used though, and that's not good. Would be cool if we could balance the game so well, that it would be situational on which you need.

General:

I think keeping CC should be a viable build order while selling CC give you high risk high reward.

Genpoints need reworking really bad.

These opinion changes without a doubt create new imbalances, but we can adjust and change as we see fit. But there are a lot of units and upgrades that are useless, and we should change that.

I think firstly we should focus on the bugs and really minor things, then we can look at anything else. For these things to work it has to be slow and gradual if itís big changes all at once the game changes and itís a mod not a patch tongue.gif

Priority will be

- Bug fixes -

As listed as above, we have to find the way to fix the game and implement these fixes into a patch.
Any other bugs we need to look at that have been missed? Or annoying glitches etc?

Map I agree krew its 100% Ccgís biggest flaw

+
# 13ScOtSmAn May 4 2021, 08:02 AM
There is another option we could explore..

Attached File GenC_V101.zip
Size: 242.13mb
Number of downloads: 18
Player Name Side Team

This will convert ZH > CCG

Pros

- ZH's engine is far superior
- Should be easy enough to port maps -edit they already work
- Bugs are gone
- Smoother game
- Better visuals

Negatives

- We have some changes to gameplay, some things might be a Lil different

But then if people like playing it we could always mod the mod if need be(if something is really unbalanced)

Does anyone want to try it out?

This post has been edited by ScOtSmAn: May 4 2021, 08:24 AM

+
# 14Murder- May 4 2021, 10:16 AM
Explain more what it is please

+
# 15ScOtSmAn May 4 2021, 10:28 AM
Here is all the ZH maps.. just add them to maps folder

Attached File Maps.rar
Size: 28.55mb
Number of downloads: 10

converts ZH to CCG, not 100% the same but very close.. try it out smile.gif

+
# 16Peralva May 6 2021, 17:20 PM
ZH maps suck!!!! They're too big

+
# 17ScOtSmAn May 6 2021, 18:32 PM
QUOTE(Peralva @ May 6 2021, 18:20 PM) *

ZH maps suck!!!! They're too big

Says the 1v1 twilight flame expert tongue.gif

The ranked maps I played that have been made by people are really nice 👍

+
# 18ScOtSmAn May 8 2021, 16:41 PM
So as I mentioned above, the easiest and most efficient way of fixing CCG's problems is to adopt the "Gens classic mod for ZH"

I have spoken to one of the people who were on the team that made the mod, it could theoretically be updated/balance patched. But there are no plans as yet to do that.

But in theory.. who would play this "mod" if it was made?

It runs great, It wouldn't make zero-hour unplayable so if you wanted to switch back and forward to that you could. Old CCG replays would just be played on old CCG!

Pros
  • It would fix CCG bugs as its ZH engine
  • Fix a lot of lag issues in online play
  • Map pool greatly increased
  • There is greater support for the ZH engine(gentool, FF replays etc etc)
Cons

I cant think of any tongue.gif

+
# 19atmosFear1 May 8 2021, 18:22 PM
what about the costs ?

they wouldnt do it for free i quess

+
# 20ScOtSmAn May 8 2021, 18:49 PM
QUOTE(atmosFear1 @ May 8 2021, 19:22 PM) *

what about the costs ?

they wouldnt do it for free i quess

It's their mod, I think if they did it the motivation would be that people are going to play it :-)

Honestly not really much work involved (as far as I know) in bringing it up to scratch.. I think even we could probably do it ourselves if they give us permission to update it !

Would be a good reason for people to come play again smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)